The Student Room Group

A2 Physics Unit 4 and 5 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babuchang
Yeah which ones do you want? Astro, medical?

All of them apart from medical (but obviously I am just speaking for myself, sorry :colondollar:)
Original post by Summerdays
All of them apart from medical (but obviously I am just speaking for myself, sorry :colondollar:)

He
I can't seem to upload Turning Points - 2, Astro 1, and Applied Physics 2 as the filesize is too big. PM me if you want them..
Has anyone done the practise questions on the Hodder Plus website?

The womens voice makes me want to slit my wrists... :ashamed:
Reply 104
Anyone able to explain these question to me (click to enlarge)??

Question 1
Question 14.png

Question 2
question 4.png
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by soutioirsim
Has anyone done the practise questions on the Hodder Plus website?

The womens voice makes me want to slit my wrists... :ashamed:

LOL'd
Original post by inspiringsoul

Original post by inspiringsoul
LOL'd

:ditto:
Original post by paul10
Anyone able to explain these question to me (click to enlarge)??

Question 1
Question 14.png

Question 2
question 4.png

The first one is A and the second one is C.

The first is is simply using the equations for electric field and gravitation potential, but taking into account that r = 0.5r.

The second one is simply realising that the work done in moving from P to Q is zero because the charge is moving in an equipotential surface (perpendicular to the field line). From Q to R the distance moved is 3m. The negative charge is now moving AGAINST the electric field. The electric field is 10Vm-1, that means that the potential energy is EdQ = work done.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 108
Anyone have any unit 4/5 AQA papers that aren't on the AQA site?
Reply 109
Original post by RSM93
Anyone have any unit 4/5 AQA papers that aren't on the AQA site?

jan 11 unit 4
Reply 110
Original post by Sheldon
jan 11 unit 4

Just found that one on the other thread :smile:
unit 4 Edexcel pastpapers and answer solutions of the new syllabus for a couple of years! :smile:
Hope it helps!

http://cid-5432f573d3fc3f5a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Physics/Units?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=1663039
Reply 112
Anyone know of any possible 6 mark questions that could come up, or other worded questions?
Reply 113
Original post by David6
Anyone know of any possible 6 mark questions that could come up, or other worded questions?

In my experience never try to predict what will come up
Original post by Sheldon

Original post by Sheldon
In my experience never try to predict what will come up

Agreed.
Reply 115
paul10

Original post by Summerdays
The first one is A and the second one is C.

The first is is simply using the equations for electric field and gravitation potential, but taking into account that r = 0.5r.

The second one is simply realising that the work done in moving from P to Q is zero because the charge is moving in an equipotential surface (perpendicular to the field line). From Q to R the distance moved is 3m. The negative charge is now moving AGAINST the electric field. The electric field is 10Vm-1, that means that the potential energy is EdQ = work done.

Surely not considering the Gravitational field strength at the mid point between to equal masses cancels out, therefore leaving GFS to be 0.

With GP,

V=GM/r V=-GM/r

Vt = V1 + V2

V1 = V2 = 2GM/r -2GM/r

Therefore
Vt = 4GM/r-4GM/r
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 116
how's everyone feeling about unit 4?
Reply 117
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gummers
Surely not considering the Gravitational field strength at the mid point between to equal masses cancels out, therefore leaving GFS to be 0.

With GP,

Vt = V1 + V2

V1 = V2 =

Therefore
Vt =

Yes, this are all correct. Must have been in the electromagnetic mode. Sorry about that :s-smilie: :facepalm2:
Do we need to know how to derive Newton's Law of Gravitation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending