The Student Room Group

help for B7, C7, and P7 ideas in context

hey is anyone ouut there is doing the ideas in context for B7, C7, and P7, if so , can u hel2p me on revising that, and provide me with notes that i can use to study rthe ideas in context....

Thx
Reply 1
I'm doing those exams this May/June. I just realised that was rather unhelpful because I don't really have any notes for the ideas in context. Are you talking about the ones with the face cream/ racing cars/ Lithium batteries for cars? If so, just underline key words etc. and look at past papers.
Original post by Benmaster
I'm doing those exams this May/June. I just realised that was rather unhelpful because I don't really have any notes for the ideas in context. Are you talking about the ones with the face cream/ racing cars/ Lithium batteries for cars? If so, just underline key words etc. and look at past papers.

hey yh I'm doing bio&chem retakee and i dont know what unit it is..i have no teacher to help either ;/
apparently we revise c4 for the lithium batteries for cars,
but i dont know which section to revise for the face cream one..do you?
Reply 3
Original post by Menakshelatte
i dont know which section to revise for the face cream one..do you?

No, I don't know either - that one was really ambiguous; it might not be any of the modules. I think it's probably B2-keeping healthy, because it talks a bit about drug trials etc.

Luckily, only 1 question in each paper will be based on these pre-release materials, but the '7s' are so hard, especially C7.
Original post by Benmaster
No, I don't know either - that one was really ambiguous; it might not be any of the modules. I think it's probably B2-keeping healthy, because it talks a bit about drug trials etc.

Luckily, only 1 question in each paper will be based on these pre-release materials, but the '7s' are so hard, especially C7.

ohhh and i was planning not to revise b123 :frown:
Reply 5
thx for the replies, yup they r sooo hard, i never knew that we hav to revise the older things, our teachers haven;t gon e with us through the ideas in context, so no idea wat to do....yes im talking about the cream, racing car ect

i think we shuld guess some questiions that can appear so tat we r prepared for it
Reply 6
1.) Why does telemetry use microwaves and radio waves to transmit data as opposed to, for example, visible light or ultraviolet?
2.) Using diagrams and full sentences, explain the differences between analogue and digital signals.
3.) Describe and explain the advantages and disadvantages of digital against analogue signals.
4.) How would you calculate:
a.) Kinetic Energy
b.) Momentum
from the speed of the car?
c.) A formula 1 car has a mass of 620 kg. Using the graph, calculate:
i.) Maximum kinetic energy reached
ii.) Maximum momentum reached
iii.) Minimum kinetic energy reached
iv.) Minimum momentum reached
5.) How does time taken to stop affect the force acting on the object that is stopping?
6.) How do crumple zones help reduce the force acting on the driver in a crash?
7.) Describe and explain at least 2 ways that the HANS device helps reduce damage to the driver in a crash?
8.) Match the keyword to the definition

Automatic
Measurement
Transmission
Remote Source
Aerodynamic
Efficiency
Momentum
Kinetic Energy
Analogue
Digital
Energy

WITH

1/2 mass x velocity [squared]
Discrete (individual, not continuous) values
The size, length or amount of something, established by measuring
Measured by the amount of work done, usually in joules, J
A value along a continuous scale
Mass x velocity
Using the least amount of energy compared to how much energy is put in
Able to activate, move, or regulate itself
A distant object that something comes from
Having a shape that reduces the drag from air moving past
A program or signal that is broadcast or sent out

If anyone needs the P7 questions... :smile:
Reply 7
so, you're saying that those are the questions that are going to come up in the exam? If yes, how would know that?
Reply 8
also can we please have the answers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending