The Student Room Group

OMG!

I sent my UCAS form in on Monday, got my track details today and I have already been accepted onto 2 courses at Leeds Met! I am astonished!

I am 31, will be doing Biology then hopefully a PGCE afterwards to teach secondary.

I am still waiting to hear back from Leeds and Bradford but I am definately going to uni this year! I can't quite get my head round it yet and I have been bouncing off the walls all afternoon. Shame the hubby isn't here to help me celebrate tonight as I could get quite drunk tonight:colondollar:

Anyone else studying Biology at Leeds? Long shot I know!

Victoria

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
congrats, its never too late i guess! :smile:
Reply 2
Congratulations!
That's fantastic :smile:
Reply 4
She's just had some fantastic life-changing news and wants a few drinks to celebrate. What's wrong with that? And what has age got to do with it?
Reply 5
great news for you. congrats :smile:
Congrats on the offers :smile:
Reply 7
Thank you very much for your warm and inviting welcome!!

My age is irrelevant, I didn't say I wanted to get pissed, I said I could get quite drunk, there is a huge difference, especially after 1 glass of wine for me as I am mostly teetotal anyway.
If I want to have a drink to celebrate some fantastic news I don't really see what the problem is. If I wanted to get so drunk I ended up found in the gutter tomorrow morning I really don't see that as any of your concern. As it is I will be taking my daughter to ballet, then my son to rugby.

This last year I have lost my business and my home and am about to be declared bankrupt, I am picking myself up and starting again. I was coming on here to share some exciting news with people in a similar situation who are starting afresh.

It's nice to meet you!
Reply 8
Original post by Roodie
She's just had some fantastic life-changing news and wants a few drinks to celebrate. What's wrong with that? And what has age got to do with it?

Thanks for your support Roodie, I appreciate it. x
Reply 9
Well I'm sure she can do it with a great deal more class than you could.

Fantastic news, well done! Besides, one of my house-mates is 30(ish!) and she's up for a laugh as much as the next person. Age has nothing to do with it.

(I think you really ought to have a drink without the hubby being there! Why on earth wait!?)
Reply 10
Original post by aliluvschoc
Well I'm sure she can do it with a great deal more class than you could.

Fantastic news, well done! Besides, one of my house-mates is 30(ish!) and she's up for a laugh as much as the next person. Age has nothing to do with it.

(I think you really ought to have a drink without the hubby being there! Why on earth wait!?)

your sig is scaring me :s-smilie::frown:
Reply 11
Nice one :wink:
Well done. I remember when I first realised I was starting uni at the grand old age of 28 how excited I was. Currently in a panic over the impending exams block just now and you reminded me how far I've come all ready this year and that all it takes to follow your dreams is a little courage.

Good luck with your studies. :smile:

Have one for me. :wink:
Reply 13
Actually Victoria since this is your post, glad you got what you wanted.

I had a laugh at a post a few days ago where someone 21 thought they were too old for uni! Probably just fear of the unknown.

Also had a similar moment of joy when my Phd was funded and salary paid by work.
Original post by VictoriaB

My age is irrelevant, I didn't say I wanted to get pissed, I said I could get quite drunk, there is a huge difference, especially after 1 glass of wine for me as I am mostly teetotal anyway.
If I want to have a drink to celebrate some fantastic news I don't really see what the problem is. If I wanted to get so drunk I ended up found in the gutter tomorrow morning I really don't see that as any of your concern. As it is I will be taking my daughter to ballet, then my son to rugby.

This last year I have lost my business and my home and am about to be declared bankrupt, I am picking myself up and starting again. I was coming on here to share some exciting news with people in a similar situation who are starting afresh.

It's nice to meet you!

Woohoooo! Congratulations! I get "drunk" after a glass of wine too :tongue:
I hope that this will be an ideal opportunity for you to start again and hopefully with great success! My mum took a degree and a masters with 4 children, so I'm not in a "similar" situation per se, but I have experience on it!
Good luck from the bottom of my heart!
Don't even know why people are paying Mazty any attention tbh lmao, pretty sad that he just wants to start arguments on random threads on an online forum.

--

Great news, stuff like this makes me realise how learning really is such a great thing and it's helped motivate me a little more to finish my own work, haha. Congratulations.
Reply 16
Original post by Xristina
Woohoooo! Congratulations! I get "drunk" after a glass of wine too :tongue:
I hope that this will be an ideal opportunity for you to start again and hopefully with great success! My mum took a degree and a masters with 4 children, so I'm not in a "similar" situation per se, but I have experience on it!
Good luck from the bottom of my heart!

Like the strength to pick up and fight!

Don't worry about the kids here at times, they can be amusing though.

I sent my UCAS form in on Monday, got my track details today and I have already been accepted onto 2 courses at Leeds Met! I am astonished!

I am 31, will be doing Biology then hopefully a PGCE afterwards to teach secondary.

I am still waiting to hear back from Leeds and Bradford but I am definately going to uni this year! I can't quite get my head round it yet and I have been bouncing off the walls all afternoon. Shame the hubby isn't here to help me celebrate tonight as I could get quite drunk tonight:colondollar:

Anyone else studying Biology at Leeds? Long shot I know!

Victoria

Great news - good luck for the future. :smile:
Reply 18

It's nice to meet you!

Let's put this back on track.

What's your first choice out of the list?
:congrats: :party: :top:

Congrats and good luck OP :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending