The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yacine Abed
Where else did you apply? And any offers? :smile:
I got rejected by UCL, Cambridge and Bath, so I really hope Edinburgh's answer will be positive..

Do you know why you got rejected from the uni's? What a-levels did you choose and what grades did you predict/get:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by msas1
Hey! I have an offer from Cambridge and from Central Saint Martins, and it's pretty hard to decide. What would you people choose?

What subjects did you choose and what are your grades? Would help in my decision :smile:

Reply 2022
Original post by notsure
What subjects did you choose and what are your grades? Would help in my decision :smile:

i'm not from the uk, i'm hungarian, so i didn't get to choose subjects. we have to study most of the subjects throughout the 4-5 years we spend at secondary school. i took final exams in seven subjects, with six as and one b
I'm thinking about applying for architecture or architectural engineering at uni, although I'm not too sure which universities I should be looking at. I've visited Bath and Cardiff, however my predicted grades are AAB, so I definitely can't apply to either of them. I'm going to look at Oxford Brookes this weekend and then possibly look at Coventry for my insurance place. Are there are particularly good architecture courses that anyone knows of, that would accept AAB or lower?
Original post by notsure
Do you know why you got rejected from the uni's? What a-levels did you choose and what grades did you predict/get:smile:

Hey there sorry for the late reply!

When I applied I was predicted A*AAA in Art&Design, Maths, Physics and French respectfully.

Got my results now and achieved A*A*A*A in Art&Design, Maths, French and Physics respectfully...

So I'm taking an art foundation year and reapplying..
Original post by lydia_morris
I'm thinking about applying for architecture or architectural engineering at uni, although I'm not too sure which universities I should be looking at. I've visited Bath and Cardiff, however my predicted grades are AAB, so I definitely can't apply to either of them. I'm going to look at Oxford Brookes this weekend and then possibly look at Coventry for my insurance place. Are there are particularly good architecture courses that anyone knows of, that would accept AAB or lower?

my best friend applied for architecture with A*BB predictions and her only offer was from cardiff (ABB) so as long as your portfolio is pretty strong you probably stand a chance! heard a lot of stories of cardiff lowering grades for people so dont give up! hope i'm not too late to help!
Reply 2026
Original post by Yacine Abed
Hey there sorry for the late reply!

When I applied I was predicted A*AAA in Art&Design, Maths, Physics and French respectfully.

Got my results now and achieved A*A*A*A in Art&Design, Maths, French and Physics respectfully...

So I'm taking an art foundation year and reapplying..

Clearly, you did impressively well in ur exams!, that's ridiculous that u got rejected, do you know why??

Reply 2027
Original post by notsure

That's such an exciting news, I presume you are at uni now, may I ask which your final choice was? :smile:

Reply 2028
Original post by msas1
i have offers from cambridge, csm, westminster and the aa. i declined the westminster offer, because they offered me a place last year, when my portfolio wasn't all that good (i think), and this year i got offers from places that rejected me last year. if i get a scholarship then i'm going to the aa, if not, i'm going to csm. i declined the cambridge offer, because their course is much theoretical (ie much bigger emphasis on history of architecture and other theoretical subjects) than what i want, which is a more practical approach. i don't know much about the london met course, they are supposed to have improved a lot lately. i would choose csm out of these three, but that's simply because it's being a really great art school.

Hi,mate , do you remember how you got into cam? I guess the interview is extremely hard,right? And what sort of portfolio did you have?
I am applying this year, and hope u could give me some advice on interview and portfolio.

Thankyou v much!

Good luck with ur study!

Reply 2029
Original post by anightrem
i see :smile: you applied for archi? haha so lucky you got an interview request from ucl. haha. well, i got conditional offers from bath, oxford brookes and kent. got rejected by ucl and cardiff :/ bummer haha

Hello, hope ur uni life is going good, may I ask which uni did u choose to go finally? Bath?

And I m applying this year, just wondering how long did it take you to receive bath's offer??

Thank you Xd

Reply 2030
Original post by singsongballadsmiles
Offer from Bath! Woo :smile:

May I ask when did u apply?

Best wishes

Reply 2031
has anyone got bath offers, if so what were your predictions/ subjects ??
Reply 2032
Original post by lydia1993
Hiya :smile:

i'm at University of Liverpool studying architecture, just started my first year. I was in the same situation as all of you last year, trying to decide where to go, so i just thought i'd let you know how i'm finding Liverpool so it might help you out or just give you an idea of what to expect :smile:

I've been here for nearly a month now and i am really enjoying the course, it is a lot of hard work but if you enjoy drawing and researching its not bad at all. We all have our own studio space, and the studio is brilliant as you get to meet loads of new people and theres always someone to ask for advice, 2nd and 3rd years are always around as well and theyre really helpful.

Some examples of tasks we've done so far are:
- Making spaghetti bridges (fun little task to meet everybody)
- We had to draw a series of sketches of an area of Liverpool, in any medias and being as expressive as we liked. We then had to present these in front of our tutor groups and get feedback from them
- A series of 3 accurate elevation survey drawings of a building in Liverpool
- An essay on 5 buildings in Liverpool (part of the history of architecture module)

Theres a lot of independent learning involved in the course, we have 2 studio days a week where we meet with our tutor and tutor group and discuss what we're working on and get feedback, we have 2 lectures a week, and the rest of the time is spent in the studio working on our tasks or researching. I'd recommend Liverpool to anyone wanting to study architecture, i'm really enjoying it here, it is a lot of work but its fun too :smile: Any questions about liverpool or the course just ask :smile:

Hi Lydia I don’t know if you are still around but I wondered if you have the time to advise me about Liverpool.

Are you still enjoying the course, how does 2nd year compare with 1st and what did you go onto do after the first month? Where did you live this year, did it take you long to travel in?

I really like the place, the course etc but wondered if the feel of the course is changing with a large number of students (over 100) now coming from China together in a group, nothing against the Chinese btw, it’s that large numbers of students being added to an existing group for 2nd and 3rd year, doubling it overnight. Does this affect how you are being taught? Are the teaching methods changing to suit their style of learning? Has it created a problem with the workshops?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending