The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by gropius92
Hey everyone!
Got an offer from Manchester!
Has anyone heard from Oxford Brookes??
I sent my application on 12 Jan.

sent off my application on the same date, nothing except the acknowledgment letter :s-smilie: but I saw someone here mentioned they gave offer within four days so... :s-smilie:
Reply 1881
[QUOTE="gropius92;36899480"]Hey everyone!
Got an offer from Manchester!
Has anyone heard from Oxford Brookes??
I sent my application on 12 Jan.[/QUOTE

Congratulations! I have also applied to Manchester, when did you send your portfolio? I haven't heard from them for more than two weeks.
Reply 1882
Hey everyone,
does anyone know when Edinburgh will give its offers?
Reply 1883
Original post by Rox_fox
Hi everyone,
I have been accepted into 3 architecture universities and I have no idea which one I should choose. the reasons for my hesitation are more about costs and living, because I am not a UK resident, therefore I am not eligible for any financial support for living costs.

So, my choices are University of Kent, Glasgow school of arts or Edinburgh Napier
Could any one help make this decision any easier ? :s-smilie:

Hey,
have you been asked to send portfolio for Glasgow and when? I haven't heard from them anything... If I were you I would choose Glasgow:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey there!

Architecture student, graduating in june and applicant to UCL Bartlett MArch Graduate Architectural Design.

Got an email last friday saying:

"I am pleased to inform you that the course Director would like to recommend your acceptance to the above programme of study. Your application has now been returned to the College Admission office. They will check your qualifications and send you a formal letter."

My status on UCL Portico remains "application complete", should I expect a conditional/unconditional offer in the next few days or may the College Admission office reject me?

Got other offers from other UK unis and don't know what to do - UCL Bartlett was my 1st choice anyway.
Original post by clareyyyyyyy
ahhh thanks! Getting a bit worried to the point of just accepting I probably won't get an offer but thanks! :smile: can't believe you sent your portfolio so early though! :redface: xxx

Don't give up all hope, its just that Sheffield have so many applications it will take a long time to get through them all, especially when portfolios are added into the equation. Well I submitted my UCAS in the first week of November so it actually took them a while to get back to me in the first place, not that I mind now of course.
Original post by kotrynad
Hey,
have you been asked to send portfolio for Glasgow and when? I haven't heard from them anything... If I were you I would choose Glasgow:smile:

You know the deadline for receiving offers is Saturday 31st March? I'd be seriously worried if they hadn't got in touch yet, you should phone up!
Reply 1887
I sent them my portfolio and I got a mail back asking for a prediction for my TOEFL exam. I don't know what this means, on my UCAS track nothing has changed. I don't know what to make of it, I'm just hoping for the best :smile:
Original post by Pavol
Oh well, when did you hear from GSA??? I have no nothing from them at all... Did they ask you for a portfolio? What grades did you have to get into edin? i am not sure y they said i didnt even meet the min requirments :frown:

but I must say I kinda hope to get to strathclyde :colone: cos GSA is apparently too "posh", dundee quite far away and edin said NO THANX

Sorry, I don't go on this much, so I never seen your reply =/ well i heard from GSA about two weeks ago, but my ucas only just got updated there, it was a kinda informal e-mail they sent just letting me know, so I don't imagine everythings all official just yet. I got 5 A's at higher, but I always thought my portfolio was kinda mince, so I was glad that Edinburgh wasn't looking to see it =D i had time to get it up to scratch a bit for my GSA interview, so it was not too bad. I heard back from Strathclyde yesterday, but I haven't seen the place at all yet, so I have no idea what to do =P

Have you heard anything at your end? If not, I wouldn't worry too much... these unis like to take their time =D
I got accepted to UCL today!!! :eek: Accepted my offer immediately, so happy with it! Especially as I felt my interview went terribly. Wooo! :smile:
I received an offer from Sheffield last week!! :smile:
Now my worries are if I'll get the A in physics :frown: Why do they ask for so much if I was predicted a B?
Original post by justdannyd
I got accepted to UCL today!!! :eek: Accepted my offer immediately, so happy with it! Especially as I felt my interview went terribly. Wooo! :smile:

Congratulations!!!!! :wink:
Ohh I wish I had done better in the task :frown:
Reply 1892
Original post by bytheglam*
I received an offer from Sheffield last week!! :smile:
Now my worries are if I'll get the A in physics :frown: Why do they ask for so much if I was predicted a B?

cause they hope you will be motivated by the offer and get an A!!:biggrin:
dont know, but that's the common offer and that's only the 'predicted' grades, not the real one, so good luck and you will soar! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1893
Original post by peliqueiro
Hey there!

Architecture student, graduating in june and applicant to UCL Bartlett MArch Graduate Architectural Design.

Got an email last friday saying:

"I am pleased to inform you that the course Director would like to recommend your acceptance to the above programme of study. Your application has now been returned to the College Admission office. They will check your qualifications and send you a formal letter."

My status on UCL Portico remains "application complete", should I expect a conditional/unconditional offer in the next few days or may the College Admission office reject me?

Got other offers from other UK unis and don't know what to do - UCL Bartlett was my 1st choice anyway.

Maybe it takes a little more time to update the status, no worries you will be fine!
Reply 1894
Original post by Pavol
Oh well, when did you hear from GSA??? I have no nothing from them at all... Did they ask you for a portfolio? What grades did you have to get into edin? i am not sure y they said i didnt even meet the min requirments :frown:

but I must say I kinda hope to get to strathclyde :colone: cos GSA is apparently too "posh", dundee quite far away and edin said NO THANX

I haven't heard from Glasgow too, they didn't even ask for portfolio... When did you receive rejection from Edinburgh? I am still waiting for the answer...
Good luck anyway:smile:
Congratulations! I have also applied to Manchester, when did you send your portfolio? I haven't heard from them for more than two weeks.

About a month ago and I received the offer after about 3 weeks
Reply 1896
Anyone who applied heard anything from Liverpool yet? :/

Oh and is the deadline for universities to give out offers really 31st March?
Original post by gqie

It is if you applied by the January the 15th deadline. If you changed your course after submitting an initial application, I think they can have longer. But basically yes, they should get back by the 31st.
Original post by gqie

I got my offer from Liverpool about 2 weeks ago, did you send your portfolio off by the 7th of March? Don't panic :smile: I don't think there are any deadlines that apply to all of the Universities. xx
Original post by beinre
Thanks for replying!

sounds like Newcastle really has your attention. haha. hope their studios are good then! I should be firming with Newcastle soon. Liverpool has not replied me yet. starting to get a little worried. :/

thanks a bunch! oh! did you see the student's works there? their model making and stuff. :smile:

Haha yeah Newcastle was great, but I'm getting more and more tempted by Edinburgh. Have you heard anything from Liverpool by now? Was your portfolio deadline the 7th of March per chance? :smile: Yeah I saw the work, at every open day I've been to the work I have seen has been amazing - its encouraging but so daunting at the same time - I just want to start doing it NOW! :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending