The Student Room Group

Started revising 2 days ago. I am worried now. Will I be able to get the grades?

I've been lazy and didn't do any revision till a couple of days ago and now there's only one month left until my first exam.

How much have you revise guys?
Will I be able to get the grades that my teachers predicted me?

And btw, for those of you who have already taken GCSE's, had your actual grades gone up compared to your mock exam results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by zactissue
I've been lazy and didn't do any revision till a couple of days ago and now there's only one month left until my first exam.

And btw, for those of you who have already taken GCSE's, had your actual grades gone up compared to your mock exam results?

I can't remember my GCSE's but I was predicted CCD at the start of AS level and am now on track for A* A* A at A2 level. So don't listen to their silly predictions, they mean nothing. If you want to excel them, you can. You know whether you're an A-grade student or not, you don't need someone to tell you that. Start revising now and you'll be completely fine, they are 'only' GCSE's.
Reply 2
You should be fine. How much revision you need really depends on the individual.
My GCSE mock grades: 3A*s, 6 As, 1c and 2Ds (though one was because I forgot to answer the second half of the paper :tongue:)
my actual GCSE grades: 7A*s, 5As and 1B
It's funny how important GCSE's seem at the time.

I literally revised for most of mine the night before and got mostly A*'s and A's. That is not me boasting, I'm really not that clever. I'm just highlighting how silly GCSEs are.
Reply 4
A MONTH! that honestly still is a lot o time
Again, you'll be fine if you've been working throughout the years. Revision is only to top up your knowledge and practice exam technique. You'll be fine. Now go and revise!
Reply 6
my mock gcses: A*AAABCCCE
my real gcses :A*A*A*AAAAAA

my a-level predicted grades were BBBC and in my AS levels i got AAAB after getting ABBC in my mocks, hopefully I will leave with A*AAA or better

GCSEs are easy, all you have to do is understand how the markscheme works, its not about how many days you put in.
Reply 7
okay, thanks I feel a bit better now :smile:
I'd better go and revise..! :biggrin:
I got ABBBBBBBCC for GCSE and am predicted A*A*A for A2 :biggrin:
Reply 9
I only started a couple of days ago, and all I've really done is read the further science revision guides.
I go back to school this Monday, and I have my art exam coming up which I need to prepare for.

Like you my exams start in a month (May 16th, Eng lit and french) and I doubt I'll get much revision done nights after school in the week, so really I'm relying on my study leave, which I think starts May 12th. I'm slightly concerned I may have left it a tad late, but there's still weekends and some nice gaps between exams.
Reply 10

one month is plenty of time...
i am the same as you i started last week :smile:
many of my friends haven't even started and they probably won't till the morning of their exams i they still manage to whip out stong A-A*'S... :frown: Not Fair!!!!
Reply 11

I didn't do any revision over Easter for my GCSEs and passed everything, so don't worry - it's never too late to start revising. Remember it's about the quality of the revision you do, not the quantity. Just make sure you're doing practice exam papers (that's a quick and easy way to revise) and you'll be fine. My mock grades and real grades were almost exactly the same, with a few of my mock ones increasing. :smile:
I don't think I even started revising two days before the exams...

It's ok if you start now and don't rely on stupid mock results.
I remember I got B's and C's in the mocks but in the real thing came out with all A's and A*'s :smile:
Original post by TheSownRose
I don't think I even started revising two days before the exams...

Hahaha same!
Reply 15
Don't listen to people telling you how easy GCSE's are. You can achieve them but you need to revise your ass off and start now.
Reply 16
Thanks for all your replies. Good luck with your GCSE/AS/A2 exams :smile:
Reply 17
i only started last week, I was really worried till I realised the only thing you can do now is work really hard to make up for it. and yes you should be able to get good grades if you start now.
Reply 18
woahhh a month, you will be fine!!
i did most of my revision a couple of days before each exam (i wouldnt advice that either tbh its gets rather stressful! :P )
but i'm doing okay
about to finish my gcse's but in the modules i've done so far i have 6 A* and an A (got my maths and two english exams to go fml)
Reply 19
Original post by nehaxx
woahhh a month, you will be fine!!
i did most of my revision a couple of days before each exam (i wouldnt advice that either tbh its gets rather stressful! :P )
but i'm doing okay
about to finish my gcse's but in the modules i've done so far i have 6 A* and an A (got my maths and two english exams to go fml)

Wow nice results! You do know he posted this in April :/
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest