The Student Room Group

Am I guaranteed a place at my insurance uni?

I know that this question has been asked many times before, but the answer keeps changing and i need to know for sure:frown:.

TSR forum advisors and anyone in the know - please clarify this for me::colondollar:
Am I guaranteed a place at my insurance uni if I fail to meet the entry requirements for my firm:confused:

I have insured the Uni of Nottingham who have basically sent me a message via the portal saying that 'they understand that I have chosen them as my insurance choice..... Should i fail to meet the entry requirements of my firm choice..... They will CONSIDER if they can offer me a place:eek:

Now im worried:frown:
I chose my insurance based on if i missed the requirements of my firm, im pretty confident that i will meet the Nottingham offer.

Can Nottingham only CONSIDER to offer me a place come results day, even if i meet the requirements of their offer:confused:

sorry for the long post:colondollar:
Reply 1
Not 100% sure, but would've thought that for an admittance of XXX, they would have the majority of those spaces for the "firms" (say 70%) and then have the rest for "insurance". If the spaces are not filled by insurances, then it opens for clearing.

There is a high chance you can get into your insurance if you meet their requirements.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
You have a place at your insurance if you get the requirements. Only thing that may not be certain is obviously your preferred accomodation as the people that have firmed nottingham would have applied before you. Don't understand why they used the term 'consider'.
Reply 3
You have to meet the terms of your insurance offer, but if you do you are guaranteed a place. Nottingham are usually good at guaranteeing accommodation, but it's likely to be the less desirable bits such as Raleigh Park.
Original post by isleofspice
the answer keeps changing

No it doesn't. You are quaranteed your place as long as you meet the offer requirements, haven't lied or omitted information on your application and the course takes place.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
You have to meet the terms of your insurance offer, but if you do you are guaranteed a place. Nottingham are usually good at guaranteeing accommodation, but it's likely to be the less desirable bits such as Raleigh Park.

¨less desirable¨ is too kind...****hole is more appropriate!
Reply 6
Original post by Good bloke
You are quaranteed your place as long as you meet the offer requirements, haven't lied or omitted information on your application and the course takes place.

Thanks.

I feel a whole lot better. Time to concentrate on revision:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending