The Student Room Group

Why do London's former polytechnics always perform the worst?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
Look, the question is not "Why are these Universities rubbish?" The question is "Why are these specifically London Universities worst of all?"

I don't think there's much in it. Like someone else said - Westminster isn't the end of the world. Sure South Bank, TVU (or whatever it's called now) and London Met are pretty much the bottom of the barrel - but it's not as if Hertfordshire is that much better.

If anything, I would say that the costs of running a London University (especially a central one) are extremely high - so there's less to spend on facilities and staff.

Hertfordshire isnt great for a lot of stuff but its technology courses are some of the best in the country.
Original post by ukstudent1989
I really dont no why that the University of East London is near the bottom of the league tables. It dosent deserve to be near the bottom. Its a good university and has very good facilties and modern facilities. The teaching is also very good and so is the employabilty with companies like barclays, ubs, barclays capital, FSA, credit suisse doing internship and mentroing schemes with UEL students.

i think the league table are very against former polytechnic universities. I think its wrong, they are universities for a reason! because they provide a high level of education.

Hi I've been offered a place on the psychology conversion course at UEL. Have you studied at UEL, and what did you study? How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending