The Student Room Group

Aerospace/nautical universities 2012 entry

Any help on which unis to pick? I cant find many which do the course..
Im in year 12 taking Maths, F.Maths (only for AS), Physics and Geography. I hope to get a minimum of 2As and 2Bs at the end of yr 13 (B in geography and F.maths AS). Im doing my f.maths slightly strangely by taking the additional module now (decision) and then doing pure next year with the knowledge of core 1 and core 2 under me :smile: If not minimum, I think I will hopefully get 3As and 1 B in F.maths AS. This might not sound great compared to lots of others, but I also have experience in the form of Air Cadets and doing many things within that, Aka a BTEC in Aviation Studies, completed a gliding scholarship, doing my Duke of Edinburgh Gold and also hopefully doing work experience in the field over the summer. Im not too fussed at the moment because I still have time, but what unis do you guys (and girls, dont worry Im not Andy Gray) think I should pick?

Long message over :wink:

P.s. Im in London so preferably not in Scotland thanks. :biggrin:

Edit: I got 8A*s and 5.5 As in GCSE incase anyone asks.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
You should look at Sheffield (AAB), Loughborough (AAA), Southampton (AAA) and Surrey (AAA)
Southampton has a great reputation and a course with a huge choice of optional modules, Sheffield also has a great reputation and student life is apparently really good. Loughborough and Surrey have really good links with industry.
Reply 2
Im considering applying straight for masters too :smile:
if you're good enough: Bristol, Imperial, Bath, Southampton are generally considered the top notch ones.
All the ones I applied for (See my Signature) + Loughborough, Bath, Liverpool, Sheffield, Manchester/Birmingham are all worth looking at :smile:
Reply 5
Okie doke, thanks a bunch :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest