The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Elektrafy
hey has anyone applied to imperial for medicine? what bmat scores did you get?

does anyone know how much weighting theyre putting on the bmat coz i got really crap scores :frown:

i have....and i got 5.3, 4.7 :frown: and 9.0.....cant say im happy with them...but hey, they couldve been worse..what about yourself?

i really have no idea how much importance theyre gonna give the BMAt....i hope not too much....
Reply 2
i did worse than you :frown: 5.0, 5.3, 6.0 - messed up the essay so bad. i was hoping for 6s in the first two sections.... oh well. i hope they dont base it too much on the bmat either or else im screwed :s-smilie:

just got rejected from oxford today without interview so im pretty worried at the moment.... plus im really pissed off :mad: and totally stressed out coz i havnt heard from the two unis that ive interviewed at yet.
Reply 3
Try not to stress you have had two interviews if I understand you correctly so that is a good start.
Reply 4
I've applied too. My BMAT was terrible, 4.8, 4.7, 6.0. I've probably been rejected too.

But, only time will tell. That and the rejection letter :rolleyes:
Reply 5
snmichaels
I've applied too. My BMAT was terrible, 4.8, 4.7, 6.0. I've probably been rejected too.

But, only time will tell. That and the rejection letter :rolleyes:

you sound like your in the same position as me :frown: what were your gcses/as levels like?
Reply 6
I got all A's in AS. But the thing is, I only did 6 GCSE's when I came to the UK. But I got 5 A*'s and 1 A and I did the 6 GCSE's in 1 year, not two. I was hoping that 6 in one year would somehow relate to 12 in two years but I didn't confirm this with Uni's before applying.

So I don't know. I sort of needed the BMAT just incase they didn't accept 6 gcse's.
Reply 7
Elektrafy, youve had two interviews....and that isnt a bad sign....i have had none at all
by the way, youve done well in sections 1 & 2 :smile: ..
Reply 8
snmichaels
I got all A's in AS. But the thing is, I only did 6 GCSE's when I came to the UK. But I got 5 A*'s and 1 A and I did the 6 GCSE's in 1 year, not two. I was hoping that 6 in one year would somehow relate to 12 in two years but I didn't confirm this with Uni's before applying.

So I don't know. I sort of needed the BMAT just incase they didn't accept 6 gcse's.

so you did GCSEs not IGCSEs?
Reply 9
Hey, some fellow Imperial people! Don't suppose anyone's heard anything about interviews? Probably a bit early considering they don't start interviewing till January but I want to know whether they like me lol!

I got 6.7, 6.7, 12.0 in the BMAT, but people with 4/5 in sections one and two have been getting Oxford interviews, so don't worry! Tis the first year Imperial have used the BMAT, so I think they'll probaly be very cautious with it and pay more attention to GCSEs and AS/2 levels, as well as personal statement and references. Anyway, no-one on here did bad at all!
Yeah, GCSE's. Just in 1 year.
Reply 11
Madprof
Anyway no-one on here did bad at all!

Ahem Ahem :embarasse
Reply 12
rahmed
Ahem Ahem :embarasse
I was talking about the people on this thread, I assume you mean yourself. What did you get then?
Reply 13
snmichaels
Yeah, GCSE's. Just in 1 year.

impressive :smile:
I would've preferred 10 or 11 A*'s out of 12 though, but what can you do *shrugs*

--------------

I think had I taken some other language courses like french or german, I'd a been screwed. I could do spanish though, since that is the 2nd language in America. I've sort of grown up around it.
Reply 15
snmichaels
I would've preferred 10 or 11 A*'s out of 12 though, but what can you do *shrugs*

--------------

I think had I taken some other language courses like french or german, I'd a been screwed. I could do spanish though, since that is the 2nd language in America. I've sort of grown up around it.

but you did it in one year only...have you mentioned that somewhere in your application?
Yeah, the PS.

--------------

There's certainly been a sudden increase in the number of Vet threads. Where the hell did they all come from?
Reply 17
snmichaels
Yeah, the PS.

--------------

There's certainly been a sudden increase in the number of Vet threads. Where the hell did they all come from?

:biggrin:...a bit like the BMAT threads did right before november!
There's like 8 on the first page alone. 6 are active today. Damn, Go Vets!!!!! Whoo hoo!! :cool:
Reply 19
Best of luck everyone :smile:

Latest