The Student Room Group

Dentistry Applicants 2012

Hey all prospective dental students. If anyone has been called to an interview for dentistry starting 2009, please make a quick post of where and when it is and after how you got on. Also if anyone holds an offer for a dental school please keep us informed. Thanks. Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are they giving out interviews yet??
Reply 2
i think this should be made into a sticky
Reply 3
just recieved an interview from birmingham for dentistry... so screwed lol
random2! well done! when is it?
Reply 5
welll done! the interviews have begun! x
Reply 6
yeah - the interview is early november so only around two weeks to go :frown:
does anyone know any interview questions for birmingham
Reply 7
Hey i had an interview at Birmingham on Tuesday 21st. It's basically like an informal chat. They just ask you about work experience, why Birmingham, and manual dexterity. Just be yourself and you should be fine.

oh and congratulations on the interview :smile:
Reply 8
I posted on another thread yesterday but yh i have an interview at Birmingham on the 30th. Should i wear a full suit with a tie yh??
Reply 9
the 30th? :O

my interview at KCL is on the 6th.
i can't believe it's only 2 weeks away.
train tickets were so pricey.

im really nervous though. ive heard that they really grill you about dentistry issues. got to start reading up already!! at least it's half term :biggrin:
Ih8Exams
Hey i had an interview at Birmingham on Tuesday 21st. It's basically like an informal chat. They just ask you about work experience, why Birmingham, and manual dexterity. Just be yourself and you should be fine.

oh and congratulations on the interview :smile:

That's reassuring :yep: When did you send off your application?
Reply 11
omg i think ur the first person with a KCL interview!!!! ur sooo lucky!! well done!!!!!
how much did u get in ur ukcat???
and how did they contact u? email?
Reply 12
the 30th? :O

my interview at KCL is on the 6th.
i can't believe it's only 2 weeks away.
train tickets were so pricey.

im really nervous though. ive heard that they really grill you about dentistry issues. got to start reading up already!! at least it's half term

oh and congratulations on the interview

can i ask what gcse's and AS grades you have. Also your ukcat scores. Also when did you send off your application.
Reply 13
really? its still really early huh?
i wish i had more time to prepare though ><

UKCAT average was 750~ i couldnt believe it haha.

yeh they emailed me, and they're going to send me a pack with travel instructions and further details. (:

Ummm 10A* 2A.
and my application got sent off the end of september.
Reply 14
wow 750 is serioussssssssssssss!!! well i hope u had the highest hence being realllllly early.......!!! good job tho... u can tell all of us how it went... kinda like a lab mouse!! lol! (jk jk) where dya live?? cos u mentioned u dont know how to get there??
Reply 15
Interview at Liverpool

Nervous :smile:

Posted somewhere else but thought i'd do here as well
I got an interview at Liverpool too! Aaaaaaaah! Any ideas on questions?
omdzzz when did u 2 get interviews at l'pool? what are ur gcses/as/a2 predictions like and UKCATs?

i applied l'pool but only hav the acknowedgement letter!!!!! aaargh! i wanna interview! :frown:
Reply 18
mmeeeeeeee 2!!! that must have been such a little amount of time between receiving an acknowledgement and getting an interview email!!!!
Reply 19
Liverpool dont ask for the UKCAT. but yeah, what are your GCSES/AS/A2 predictions?? well done guys!

Quick Reply

Latest