The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
theaman
I'm glad people liked my joke.

I thought people might have thought it was sh*t-aki.
:biggrin:

This shows how easily I am Amused
lesser weevil
mushrooms are nice, specially cooked in real butter.
Yep, anything fried in butter is great, especially mushrooms....but mushrooms are really the only think I don't mind cooked in vegetable oil too....

....maybe it's just the fact I like mushrooms so much I don't mind how they are cook, or even if they are raw :biggrin:
Reply 22
TrentEnd
ouch! this mushroom based humour is so bad it's good!!

Good.

I thought you might have told me to button it.
thats why I suggested to make cooking forum :frown:
Reply 24
CherryGarcia
thats why I suggested to make cooking forum :frown:

Well it'll give the mods food for thought.
Reply 25
theaman
Good.

I thought you might have told me to button it.

I'll give you that - funghi isn't the easiest of things to make a joke out of - Jeremy Beadle on the other hand........................
Reply 26
TrentEnd
I'll give you that - funghi isn't the easiest of things to make a joke out of - Jeremy Beadle on the other hand........................

I know.

You should watch out when Beadle's about.
But aren’t mushrooms grown in horse manure, not compost (not just trying to put people off here, but I’m almost 100% sure they are, and yes I eat them raw but after a good wash :biggrin: )
Scottish Agricultural College
Mushroom compost was traditionally based on horse manure and a mix of other ingredients, particularly straw. Early research showed that to eliminate potentially harmful fungi, bacteria and pests material had to be pasteurised. Today, most growers use compost containing relatively little horse manure, in a balance with chicken litter, straw and gypsum.

:eek: ok meby I was wrong, they dont grow them in just horse manure anymore, they add a bit of chicken poop too :biggrin:

Source: http://www1.sac.ac.uk/info/External/About/publicns/TN/tn453.pdf (and other places but this was the best description)
Reply 29
'field mushrooms' - sorry it made me laugh :wink: :p:
wot's wrong wiv field mushrooms. we have lots of fields so we have lots of field mushrooms too. And horse mushrooms... which also grow in the fields.. they're very good cooked in butter - they just need to be eaten right after cooking or they get slightly bitter.

anyone tried broccoli fried in butter? that is SOOOO good...
I always try to fit fungi into my fridge.

But I find there often isn't mush-room inside.
Reply 32
mmmmmmmmmmmm, raw mushroom are yummy
Objet trouvé
I always try to fit fungi into my fridge.

But I find there often isn't mush-room inside.

I'm going to CRY. :eek:
Raw mushrooms are tasty! As long as they're cleaned first mind
Reply 35
Haha, this thread made me giggle. Good work, folks.
Personally, I don't much fancy eating mushrooms raw (I have a neurosis about food), but I'm certain it's fine. When I went on holiday with my mates in the summer, one of them bought a box of mushrooms and just ate them :eek: I didn't think they looked nice, though, because they sounded really crunchy and stuff.
well if you eat old gooey ones, they'll sound really sloppy and stuff...

Latest

Trending

Trending