Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
maths : ok with it
additional science: need to do a lot of revision for biology
english: just need to do practice papers
ICT: i dont understand it at all
geography: just need to go through the notes
English - Need to re read Of Mice and Men again and go through past papers
Additional Maths - Reallllllly didn't want to do this and I asked my teacher if I could redo my GCSE (I got an A last year) but she won't let me. NEED TO GO OVER EVERYTHING.
Statistics - Our teachers not even teaching us anything on this and has just given us a textbook to learn from :|
Triple Science - None of my teachers have finished the 2 topics in each subject and they're rushing and missing out important stuff
German - I know I'm failing that for sure
Food Technology - Need to learn the scientific words for everything and the methods.
ICT - Only need to do one more module

I need to start revising soon, I've been doing nothing for the last 2 weeks (apart from getting distracted by facebook, youtube and the ps3...)
Original post by Natty.B
My teacher constantly told them not to copy and then pass off that work as their own as they will only lose marks but they do not listen, its actually amazing at how people copied so much from the internet it couldn't even fit in their text boxes and there was clearly use of american terms such as ounces!

Same as your teacher, she stressed the point of picking a cuisine with a range of different products and making sure you stick with it, some people in my class started out with chinese cuisine then ended up making pizza :confused:!! I made six ideas but only chose to put 4 of them in my folder which were chocolate fudge pie with pecans, dulce de leche cheesecake, alfajores (biscuits with caramel filling) and a caramel cream pie. Wow your ideas sound really sophisticated and the chocolate fondant sounds so delicious wish i could have some!! Pretty much after the making I analysed what I made, commented on the functions of ingredients etc. I have about 18 A3 Pages in total but I need to do a bibliography. Everyone in our class done it on Microsoft Word.

Looking at the old spec of aqa gcse food technology the whole exam was always based on the design brief but aqa decided to change all that sorta wish it was like the old spec, I don't know why it's our year that get the controlled assessments and new style exams!!

The other subjects that I take are: art and business studies (both Edexcel) (options) and pretty much all the core (English Language/ Literature AQA, Maths (edexcel), Core Science (Year 10), Additional Science AQA, Full Course RE (edexcel) and French (OCR).

What other subjects do you take??

It's gonna punch them in the face when they get their final grades! LOL, that is so extreme. The thing is, you can so tell when something's been plonked on from the net. Saying that, it'll make your work stand out even more!

That's a tad drastic! Is that in their written up coursework too? Why did you make some really, really nice food :redface:. It's torture reading that at like 2am ... I'm tempted to go downstairs and have a pre breakfast snack lol! You have so aced your coursework, you can usually tell by the products!

18 A3 is quite a lot!
The bibliography certainly won't take you long!

So do I! I mean, I loved controlled assessment for certain subjects, however, for others (food tech) it doesn't work. It's so draining and hardly anyone sticks to it!

If I took art I'd have committed suicide sometime in year ten lol!
How's it going and all?

I took:

English language & literature (AQA)
Religious studies - full course(AQA)
Geography(AQA)
Food tech(AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
Biology(Edexcel)
Chemistry(Edexcel)
Physics (Edexcel)
History(OCR)
ICT, double award (OCR)
:smile:

I am so gonna struggle to wake up tomorrow morning, crikey.
Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3
English - Need to re read Of Mice and Men again and go through past papers
Additional Maths - Reallllllly didn't want to do this and I asked my teacher if I could redo my GCSE (I got an A last year) but she won't let me. NEED TO GO OVER EVERYTHING.
Statistics - Our teachers not even teaching us anything on this and has just given us a textbook to learn from :|
Triple Science - None of my teachers have finished the 2 topics in each subject and they're rushing and missing out important stuff
German - I know I'm failing that for sure
Food Technology - Need to learn the scientific words for everything and the methods.
ICT - Only need to do one more module

I need to start revising soon, I've been doing nothing for the last 2 weeks (apart from getting distracted by facebook, youtube and the ps3...)

Youtube is a killer!
So is TSR and BBM :redface:
1. English - Do past papers. Do poetry essays
2. French - learn vocab and cram past papers
3. RE - memorise key facts/rites and do past papers
4. Maths - past papers, wiz through text book (96UMS already for 50% of course, will probably get an A* even if I do no revision/morning before exam)
5. FSMQ - Wiz through text book, do past paper (now this is quite challenging, but got an A in mock so can easily cram)
6. Sciences - Learn facts/ideas/concepts and then past papers till the cows come home
7. History - learn facts, practise source analysis, do past paper questions
8. Buisness studies - seriously this is the easiest essay exam I've ever done, only revised a third of my book and got 91%, as long as you know the mark scheme and how to answer questions I should get an A* easily hands down, you can get 3 marks for just righting a line - now THATS gcse for you.
9. English lit - read of mice and mean again and do **** loads of essay questions
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm going to cry. I was doing English and all I did was look at one STUPID poem. Cannot get into the revision mood :frown: I think I need a study buddy. Also: Is it silly to resit Maths, even though I have an A already? Thx.
Original post by AtomicMan
1. English - Do past papers. Do poetry essays
2. French - learn vocab and cram past papers
3. RE - memorise key facts/rites and do past papers
4. Maths - past papers, wiz through text book (96UMS already for 50% of course, will probably get an A* even if I do no revision/morning before exam)
5. FSMQ - Wiz through text book, do past paper (now this is quite challenging, but got an A in mock so can easily cram)
6. Sciences - Learn facts/ideas/concepts and then past papers till the cows come home
7. History - learn facts, practise source analysis, do past paper questions
8. Buisness studies - seriously this is the easiest essay exam I've ever done, only revised a third of my book and got 91%, as long as you know the mark scheme and how to answer questions I should get an A* easily hands down, you can get 3 marks for just righting a line - now THATS gcse for you.
9. English lit - read of mice and mean again and do **** loads of essay questions

History, which topics do you study?

Also, :eek: at your business studies, maybe you just have a natural flair?
I am shxtting english literature, bloody hell
Original post by ScarletMoon
I'm going to cry. I was doing English and all I did was look at one STUPID poem. Cannot get into the revision mood :frown: I think I need a study buddy. Also: Is it silly to resit Maths, even though I have an A already? Thx.

I feel your pain. Really.
It's such a drag!

The maths thing, at the end of the day if you can get an A, you are capable of getting an A* so why not go for it?
Original post by WizardOfOz#1
History, which topics do you study?

Also, :eek: at your business studies, maybe you just have a natural flair?
I am shxtting english literature, bloody hell

Honestly, I dont have a natural flair. I just pay attention when we look at markschemes, we do edexcel new spec though which is really easy if you pay attention each lesson. If you throw in some key terms, context, and do a for&against with conclusion for 6+ mark questions it will be so easy. Another funny thing was that I didnt even get the full time, and I had to do it in another class where they were actually having a lesson -.-', it's practically a GCSE in blagging.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by AtomicMan
Honestly, I dont have a natural flair. I just pay attention when we look at markschemes, we do edexcel new spec though which is really easy if you pay attention each lesson. If you throw in some key terms, context, and do a for&against with conclusion for 6+ mark questions it will be so easy. Another funny thing was that I didnt even get the full time, and I had to do it in another class where they were actually having a lesson -.-', it's practically a GCSE in blagging.

Seriously?
I remember being in year 9, choosing at options and looking at the business studies content like 'I don't bloody well think so' lol! I don't know why I've always assumed it's overly complex ... (I blame the people in my school who make each lesson out to be hell)! At least you'll be cruising in your actual exam then!
yay motivation!

English Lit: Clarke/Heaney & short stories. re-read, take in notes, practice questions.
Maths: can get a B without trying but need an A* if I want to get my overall A/A*, so revise topics thoroughly especially circle theorem etc. practice papers, give up my precious lunchtimes for booster classes.
Double Science: just learning the material for BCP5 and BCP6. go over concepts for Ideas paper.
French: reading is fine, need to listen to more French radio to raise dismal listening grade.
History: learn Medicine. learn it. it's mind-numbingly boring but I will learn it. perfect answering technique.
Geography: been revising two out of three topics for the past three months so just need to get that last one down and I'm good to go.
Drama: written, worth about 20% so finish character profiles, read over set text the night before.
RE: short course, need to get at least a B for Philosophy next year, will have fun reading over revision guide.

like a boss.
Reply 51
May
English 16th + 18th - I don't even know what's in these exams.. Good start :P Both coursework in lang and lit is A+ , but I can never get over a B in timed essays so need to work on technique I guess..
French 16th + 19th - Should be alright; coursework is 60% and think I've managed A overall, had a mix of A and A* in practice tests.
Humanities - 17th and 24th - Got an A* in my mock exam, this is low priority for me.. just going over the prerelease I guess.
Physics A
25th - I have no idea about this, pretty much need to revise the whole topic as I have no recollection of learning anything whatsoever LOL.
June
Business Studies - 6th - 100% in my coursework which was 25%, and an A in the year 10 exam.. Getting Lowish a's on practice papers so its just a question of going over the exam techniques etc.
Maths 6th and 10th - This is the only exam I'm already properly revising for.. Got a target of an A, only got a C on my mock, I just feel so incompetent :mad:
Add Science Ideas 7th - Hmm, I think this is one where you get a prerelease? Can't remember, got an A* in my other ideas exam in Y10 , don't think it'll be that hard?
Food Tech 23rd - Think I did alright in my coursework, not too fussed about this, got nearly 2 weeks to revise for this so not bothered yet.
Chemistry Unit 2 28th - The last exam! gonna use the 2 weeks after add science ideas to revise for this and food tech. Need to go over literally everything again, I don't learn in science lessons :colondollar:
I feel your pain. Really.
It's such a drag!

The maths thing, at the end of the day if you can get an A, you are capable of getting an A* so why not go for it?

Thanks, x
How can i revise for physics and english literature !! please help me !
Reply 54
Physics, go through the text book making notes (if your doing AQA) then do past papers, revise the areas you dont understand.. also, look at the mark schemes as they ask alot of the similar questions! learn the right answering technique, for example a 3 marker needs 3 bullet points, nothing more.

Eng Lit, type universal teacher into google and make notes from that and your anthology, and again loads of past papers!!!
Original post by ju1c
60 Quotes? Your not serious right?

nope sadfully, thats what our teacher said if we want an A*, because not every quote you know will fit into the questions, you are bound to forget some in the stress therefore if you only learn a few you're screwed and you will have more to write about then if you know loads :smile:
AHAHAHAHAHA! I haven't even started yet!

All I have is:
- Citizenship = Fail of a subject so therefore I shouldn't waste any amount of time on it.
- Textiles = Going over notes
- Maths = Go over A* stuff
- Eng lit = Actually read the book, learn some quotes and yeah...
- Science = Resets

Am I the only one who isn't too bothered? I mean I could easily get a B without trying. Anyone could. Jus' sayin'.

Oh, and I took all the other subjects last year.
(edited 13 years ago)
ICT, double award (OCR)

Do you mutually agree when I say that the course is the biggest pile of ****e ever? So easy, they probably do it on purpose.
Original post by zoedhin
hi, i wanted to ask if you guys could help me, i have an a gcse english literature exam may 2011 and i have been revising and have done nearly all past papers and i wanted to ask if anyone can just give me a possibility of what question may come on lord of the flies and how u know this, or if u can just find me a pattern in the exam questions of lord of the flies and back it up please i am doing english literature aqa gcse specification a lord of the flies

instead of trying to cheat, how bout u try revising.
p.s. if u want this sort of info then find it urself, i dont knw bout u but i dont want to be the one tht helps a cheat.
Original post by HungryFooligan
Do you mutually agree when I say that the course is the biggest pile of ****e ever? So easy, they probably do it on purpose.

I just full on loled!
Yes, it is a big fat pile of sh!t.
I finished one unit in 1hr and 45minutes... That's scary.
It worries me though, how can it possibly count as two gcses?

Oh, and you took all your other exams last year? Go you! How did that go?

Quick Reply

Latest