The Student Room Group

Southampton or Sheffield uniVersity??

Studying bsc economics with either Sheffield or Southampton as my insurance. Not sure which to choose ahhhh!
Which has better prospects, course and is an all round better choice?

Thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply 1
depends on th conditions of ur firm choice...
but if grades aren't an issue i'd pick southampton...
has a better business and economics dept.
Reply 2
Original post by tajmahal
depends on th conditions of ur firm choice...
but if grades aren't an issue i'd pick southampton...
has a better business and economics dept.

Cheers for the reply. Yeh I was thinking the same about the business/economics school but wasn't sure as to what other people thought....

Firms Exeter with 3 a's. Southamptons aab, sheffields abb. I'm confident I can get my firm, but just in case I didn't I wanted to make sure my backup was the best of the other two because all the league tables are mixed.
Reply 3
Original post by economics41
Cheers for the reply. Yeh I was thinking the same about the business/economics school but wasn't sure as to what other people thought....

Firms Exeter with 3 a's. Southamptons aab, sheffields abb. I'm confident I can get my firm, but just in case I didn't I wanted to make sure my backup was the best of the other two because all the league tables are mixed.

i'd say there is not much risk involved by insuring southampton....
im personally gonna firm southampton and insure sheffield - aab - abb
but for accounting and finance this is :cool:
just check out both...and consider location and the city overall...but in terms of academia, southampton i feel is slightly ahead, hence the higher requirements i guess :rolleyes:
anyways...hope i don't get to see u in september...exeter all the way!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest