The Student Room Group

Cardiff City FC Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sexist but the lineswoman today was shocking. Andy Gray was right. She gave offside from a throw in :facepalm:

I've seen mothers and fathers officiate park games better than that. I'm not saying thats the reason we lost because we were absolutely awful today and Middlesbrough deserved the win but come on, are these officials even getting trained these days or did they just pull someone off the street who was out walking their dog? :holmes:

All the best to QPR and Norwich in the Premiership. We need a new manager who can motivate a team and a new lot of players with more heart and determination rather than the bunch of bottlers we've got. Jay Bothroyd, England international? never again. I can't wait until he goes. He limped at Blackpool and went off and today we go 2-0 down and he starts limping again.

I actually don't want QPR to get deducted points now because I think they deserve promotion more than our squad and thats the honest truth. If our squad want promotion then after todays performance they should prove it through the playoffs by doing the unthinkable and beating either 2 of Forest/Reading or Swansea, all teams we've struggled to beat in recent years.
Add to that the two blatant handballs in the area (one in each half).
Although we wouldn't have won even if the officials gave us every decision. We were ****e today.
Reply 42
I'll be cheering for Cardiff in the playoffs (unless Leeds somehow manage to win, with Nottingham Forest losing, and a goal difference of -6 being overcome in process).
Reply 43
I have to say I know he's a k**b, but to be fair to Bellamy he was the only one who showed any passion, and every single time he's on the pitch he works his arse off to win those 3 points. I just hope that he'll consider staying next season, although that's unlikely, even if we are promoted... :frown:

Saw him in his black Bentley the other day by Tesco in Cogan haha. :p: Black alloys too!

Fingers crossed for points being docked today... They have said that the playoffs will probably be postponed so... :dontknow:
Swansea fan here :wink:

Hoping one of us gets up there though. If we don't i will be rooting for you! If QPR get docked points it could be an incredible Saturday. We have a win in the bag against Sheffield and you have the difficult job to have to win at Burnley if this is the case. Regardless i want to finish 3rd at least. Forest is a better semi game to play over Reading!

Felt a bit sorry for you guys yesterday. You may have been incredibly awful, especially in the 1st half (was Bellamy living offside?), but there were 2 blatant penalties. If you got the 1st one it could have been 2-1 which could have changed the whole match, but regardless Norwich winning made that loss a bit more bearable i'm sure.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gob Bluth
Swansea fan here :wink:

Hoping one of us gets up there though. If we don't i will be rooting for you! If QPR get docked points it could be an incredible Saturday. We have a win in the bag against Sheffield and you have the difficult job to have to win at Burnley if this is the case. Regardless i want to finish 3rd at least. Forest is a better semi game to play over Reading!

Felt a bit sorry for you guys yesterday. You may have been incredibly awful, especially in the 1st half (was Bellamy living offside?), but there were 2 blatant penalties. If you got the 1st one it could have been 2-1 which could have changed the whole match, but regardless Norwich winning made that loss a bit more bearable i'm sure.

Would you like a possible play off final with us, or are you hoping for someone else? I'm not sure what I think. On one hand, it would be an amazing day and prospect. A south wales derby to decide who gets in the english premiership! But at the same time, I would be ****ting myself and would never forgive us if we lost that to you!

Also, re offisde, the bloody lineswoman gave an offisde direct from a throw in FFS. Perhaps Andy Gray was right??
But still, we can't blame the officials. We were really shocking.

edit - just saw AreYouDizzeeBlud_x said the same about the lineswoman! lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by WelshBluebird
Would you like a possible play off final with us, or are you hoping for someone else? I'm not sure what I think. On one hand, it would be an amazing day and prospect. A south wales derby to decide who gets in the english premiership! But at the same time, I would be ****ting myself and would never forgive us if we lost that to you!

Also, re offisde, the bloody lineswoman gave an offisde direct from a throw in FFS. Perhaps Andy Gray was right??
But still, we can't blame the officials. We were really shocking.

edit - just saw AreYouDizzeeBlud_x said the same about the lineswoman! lol.

That lineswoman also missed the blatant penalty. That's when the linesmen have to do their job to help, and she didn't. Laughed when she got pushed over.

The final is a definitive prospect here between us and you. Whoever loses won't live it down for a long time losing, plus it's a huge morale blow to whoever loses it. Also could be a a lot of trouble after. Would be incredible to see though. A welsh derby in the play off final to decide who the first welsh club to get to the Prem will be. So much would be on that game it's unreal. And with Cardiff's reputation as bottlers i think we might be favourites if it happened :colone: But yeh not to get ahead of it all now haha!

As much as I would prefer to go up on our own merit, I'd take anything now!
Even taking my bias aside, I think they really do need to be punished properly. They had total disregard for the rules, and still managed to try to pawn the FA off by sending them false paperwork! If they aren't given a points deduction, it will just send a message to other teams that cheating is fine and you'll get away with it.

That lineswoman also missed the blatant penalty. That's when the linesmen have to do their job to help, and she didn't. Laughed when she got pushed over.

The final is a definitive prospect here between us and you. Whoever loses won't live it down for a long time losing, plus it's a huge morale blow to whoever loses it. Also could be a a lot of trouble after. Would be incredible to see though. A welsh derby in the play off final to decide who the first welsh club to get to the Prem will be. So much would be on that game it's unreal. And with Cardiff's reputation as bottlers i think we might be favourites if it happened :colone: But yeh not to get ahead of it all now haha!

Oh well, no point crying over split milk. As I said, we would have lost regardless. 'Boro ripped us to shreds.

As for the possible play-off final - I am sure the met would love that! And I dunno, judging by the last few derbies, I don't think you can judge anything on form or reputations tbh. We have a habbit of scoring goals when you least expect it (Chopras last minute winner, and Bellamys goal out of nothing at all for example). Would be amazing though. Still, I am hoping it won't come to that. QPR get docked ten points, and we beat Burnley this weekend. I'll be a very happy man.
I'm absolutely fuming to be honest. The FA are launching an investigation into the incident where McNaughton took out Sian Massey. Its rumoured that it was part of a changing room dare and now he faces disciplinary action from the FA if its the case. If it was a male lines-person, nothing would have been said. Yet because its a female lines-person and one who has been at the centre of controversy in the past the media are making a massive deal out of it. If we end up in the playoffs then it could mean McNaughton is banned and apart from a few mistakes of late he has been one of best players this year without question.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3561003/Sex-row-ref-Sian-floored-at-match.html

Part of me wants a South Wales derby in the playoffs because I actually think the English FA are trying to keep a Welsh team out of the top tier of English football. I actually wouldn't care if Swansea went up to be honest as on the whole it would be great for Welsh football and boosting the profile of Welsh football will only mean the Welsh leagues benefitting which in turn give us as well as Swansea a bigger pool of talent to scout from. If we play Swansea then that cannot happen and that will be a lovely two fingers stuck up to the FA. However, I cannot see us both making the final and I expect a dodgy decision if we play either Forest or Reading. Swansea will get their day at Wembley and will also feel the wrath of biased officiating.

As for the QPR being docked points situation, rumours are rife that there will be a deduction of between 15-25 points. Luton FC have already lodged an appeal with the FA that if QPR do not get equal punishment or more then they will be asking to have their points given back at the end of the season. If they are given the points back they will then move into 2nd and play Fleetwood Town rather than Wrexham which in turn would boost their playoff chances back into League Football. This is the one thing that must be worrying the FA. If they punish QPR massively then only QPR will appeal whereas if they do not punish QPR appropriately then there will be at least 10 teams across the leagues appealing for various reasons, obviously the majority being in the Championship. The FA will be in a serious mess for some time after the hearing if that is the case which is not good news for them especially considering they are already under investigation from the football governing body.

The main thing we need to do is beat Burnley on saturday and keep third position in case anything does come of this hearing. If we do go up automatically by default then I will wish Swansea all the best in the playoffs because like us, I believe they are facing an ongoing battle with the English FA. A recent media article by a reporter highlighted those feelings as well when he said that he hopes QPR do not get docked points because he doesn't want a Welsh team in the premiership. Another interesting thing is that the entire Football League list of referees are from England. Now given that Welsh clubs are part of the Football Leagues you would expect a few Welsh referees to be apart of the selection. However, that is not the case. Its likely that some of these referees are biased in their views on the Welsh and therefore the resulting product is the type of officiating we saw at the game against Middlesbrough. I'm not saying we didn't deserve to lose because we did as we were appalling but we did have stonewall penalties turned down on more than one occasion as well.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. In my opinion QPR will only get a fine due to their wealth and the FA will see this as an opportunity to cash in rather than enforce the rules of the game. We all know the FA are corrupt, hence why they are being investigated into. This hearing will show whether they are going to continue to carry on as a corrupt organisation or an organisation that wants to clean up its act after years of severe scrutiny.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
I'm absolutely fuming to be honest. The FA are launching an investigation into the incident where McNaughton took out Sian Massey. Its rumoured that it was part of a changing room dare and now he faces disciplinary action from the FA if its the case. If it was a male lines-person, nothing would have been said. Yet because its a female lines-person and one who has been at the centre of controversy in the past the media are making a massive deal out of it. If we end up in the playoffs then it could mean McNaughton is banned and apart from a few mistakes of late he has been one of best players this year without question.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3561003/Sex-row-ref-Sian-floored-at-match.html

BURLY Kevin?! He's tiny!
And besides, he was looking at the ball not her and went to take it on... FFS! :angry:
GAH I'm so annoyed! The bloody Sun again. Admittedly, he should've maybe helped her up or something, but he was probably pissed off at how s**t the game was.
Original post by meganeira
BURLY Kevin?! He's tiny!

rofl, thats what I thought!
There any sources that the FA are investigating? As it doesn't appear to say that in the sun article.
Pity there aren't any reports of the offside decision she made. Imagine the media coverage if she had done that in a prem game?

As much as I don't like nutty consiracy theories, it really does look like the FA are doing all they can to keep us out of the prem!
(edited 12 years ago)
BURLY Kevin?! He's tiny!
And besides, he was looking at the ball not her and went to take it on... FFS! :angry:
GAH I'm so annoyed! The bloody Sun again. Admittedly, he should've maybe helped her up or something, but he was probably pissed off at how s**t the game was.

Well I'll be singing this at the playoff games if we end up in the playoffs after the conclusion of the hearing.

Super, Super Kev,
Super, Super Kev,
Super, Super Kev,
Takes Out Female Lino's. :clap2:

The media have nothing to report anymore so make up things from nothing. This whole Osama Bin Laden issue has been blown way out of proportion too. I know its a key figurehead of a terrorist group that has been killed but there will be another member of Al Qaeda ready to step into his shoes and that person will want to make an impression.

The media these days go way over board with everything. Its shocking that they are allowed to get away with it because a lot of it is not representing fact but opinionated garbage that any person in the world is capable of. I've never respected them anyway since they spouted the rubbish about Hillsborough. I lost all respect for them as a media outlet since that day.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by WelshBluebird
rofl, thats what I thought!
There any sources that the FA are investigating? As it doesn't appear to say that in the sun article.
Pity there aren't any reports of the offside decision she made. Imagine the media coverage if she had done that in a prem game?

As much as I don't like nutty consiracy theories, it really does look like the FA are doing all they can to keep us out of the prem!

A spokesperson for SSN said earlier this morning that the issue has been reported to the FA and will be looked into. Many are saying Kev changes direction to take her out. If the FA think that then they're going to ban him or at the least fine him. Its another example of things being blown out of proportion.

I don't like conspiracy theories either but its not that farfetched. For all we know some of these referees could be followers of clubs in the championship, it wouldn't come as a shock to me either.
staying down!
Reply 55
A spokesperson for SSN said earlier this morning that the issue has been reported to the FA and will be looked into. Many are saying Kev changes direction to take her out. If the FA think that then they're going to ban him or at the least fine him. Its another example of things being blown out of proportion.

I don't like conspiracy theories either but its not that farfetched. For all we know some of these referees could be followers of clubs in the championship, it wouldn't come as a shock to me either.

And all the bloody Sun readers are going along with it. One man actually had the idea to slow the video down and it shows it was accidental, yet the Sun's focusing on everything BUT that. Also, all the readers have the audacity to call our club dirty, when it is the same for every other team. Yes he should've helped her up, but he probably would've had a go at her otherwise. Oh and one other person said 100% of her decisions are spot on! WHAT THE HELL IS HE ON?!

I actually feel sorry for Sian as well because she probably wasn't that bothered by it, yet the media is humiliating her yet again. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
And all the bloody Sun readers are going along with it. One man actually had the idea to slow the video down and it shows it was accidental, yet the Sun's focusing on everything BUT that. Also, all the readers have the audacity to call our club dirty, when it is the same for every other team. Yes he should've helped her up, but he probably would've had a go at her otherwise. Oh and one other person said 100% of her decisions are spot on! WHAT THE HELL IS HE ON?!

I actually feel sorry for Sian as well because she probably wasn't that bothered by it, yet the media is humiliating her yet again. :frown:

My feelings exactly. I do feel sorry for her because at the end of the day she's just trying to do her job. She got up and got on with it. Yes she made terrible decisions on the day but is it really surprising giving all the pressure put on her due to the media always putting the focus on her? The media in this country are a disgrace and should just leave her be. Unfortunately I can't see her getting her left alone until the FA decide to demote her down the leagues and she'll end up officiating League 2 and the Conference, away from televised games. They are effectively ruining her career.

As for them calling our club dirty I have to laugh. Yes, the same club that has one Family Club of the Year. Yes, we are very dirty. They're probably uneducated fans of the likes of Millwall who are BNP and EDL fanatics. :rofl:
As for them calling our club dirty I have to laugh.

But you are :colone:
But you are :colone:

haha, very cheeky :colone:

Every club has a dirty bunch of fans who are intent on causing trouble rather than supporting the team. Fortunately over recent years the majority have stayed away as ticket prices have increased. This has led to them not bothering which clearly shows that their motives for going were to cause disruption rather than for their love of the club.

Every club in this country has fans like that and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. The Cardiff City Stadium this year has been policed very well and I haven't seen one incident occur near the stadium whereas when we were at Ninian Park I often saw things flare up in the street and cars being smashed up and so on. The club has moved forward thankfully.
Reply 59
haha, very cheeky :colone:

Every club has a dirty bunch of fans who are intent on causing trouble rather than supporting the team. Fortunately over recent years the majority have stayed away as ticket prices have increased. This has led to them not bothering which clearly shows that their motives for going were to cause disruption rather than for their love of the club.

Every club in this country has fans like that and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. The Cardiff City Stadium this year has been policed very well and I haven't seen one incident occur near the stadium whereas when we were at Ninian Park I often saw things flare up in the street and cars being smashed up and so on. The club has moved forward thankfully.

Check this! http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43808

Quick Reply

Latest