The Student Room Group

Online tests for Barclays Capital

Hi

I just completed the online numerical and vrbal test for Barclays Capital..after I submitted my verbal test I got an email saying:

"Thank you for taking the time to complete the online tests. Your application is under review and we will let you know the status of your application shortly."

Under the Track My Application option on gtios it says "Your test results have been received and, along with your application, are under consideration by the recruitment team"

Does this mean I passed the verbal? After I did numerical I got an automatic pass to the verbal

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
Reply 2
i dont think so i think everyone gets both tests
Reply 3
Original post by Saul.F
i dont think so i think everyone gets both tests

No, people that fail the first one get an instant notification telling them so and don't get invited to complete the second one
Reply 4
I'm not sure if you can pass the verbal in the same way as the numerical, i.e. get filtered out immediately if you don't answer a certain number correctly and pass through if you do. Either way, they're now looking at your exact test scores of both along with other application details.
Reply 5
Read the post, she's already done both of the tests. You haven't yet passed the verbal, you need to wait.
Reply 6
FYI - fairly sure the pass mark is 80% at BarCap.
Reply 7
Out of interest what is this for? Off-cycle internship?
Reply 8
you pass th first one, you get sent the next. You do the next one and it definately says nothing if you pass it. You have to wait to get an email/phone call to set up your next interview! It could be the nxt day, or a few weeks. I imagine it depends on applications/places available.I didn't think barcap were still hiring still, but best of luck :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by 100
FYI - fairly sure the pass mark is 80% at BarCap.

80%? nahh
Reply 10
I got told at interview what I got in the maths test and it was 80%. I was then told it was the lowest of those being interviewed...
Reply 11
Division? I got a Sales offer and was told otherwise
Reply 12
the maths is 50%
Reply 13
Original post by Guy.I

Original post by Guy.I
No, people that fail the first one get an instant notification telling them so and don't get invited to complete the second one

Ok thx.
Reply 14
Original post by DeeDub
Out of interest what is this for? Off-cycle internship?

Investment Banking division Tokyo
Reply 15
Original post by Lorchii
you pass th first one, you get sent the next. You do the next one and it definately says nothing if you pass it. You have to wait to get an email/phone call to set up your next interview! It could be the nxt day, or a few weeks. I imagine it depends on applications/places available.I didn't think barcap were still hiring still, but best of luck :smile:

thnx!
Reply 16
Original post by Alexiel
Investment Banking division Tokyo

Thanks. All the best with the application! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Guy.I
the maths is 50%

Doubt it. Most Banks have higher requirements.
Reply 18
The banks don't have a fixed % they look for it is just the top (X) % of applicant. Hence he reason it is imporant to be really good a the tests!
Reply 19
What is the nature of the test??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending