The Student Room Group

(urgent) Heard anything about the City Internships Summer Program 2011 in London?

Scroll to see replies

City internship is purely commercial. I was in thier London programme last year, and all my fellows in the programmes got similar experiences like me. We' were put into a tiny size company, often find nobody was there in the company that you worked. You did not get the promised paid that you should have. City interhsip will not actively assist your and help you on what happened badly to you. Such as not getting paid at all. Worst of all. Becasue there were usually 2-4 people in your company, and they did not come to work, they would not teach you anything so you did not know what to do every day and could not gain anything from the experience.
Reply 61
Definitely do not accept this.

I am a relatively recent graduate myself, who works as a freelance illustrator. I just received an e-mail from this company offering me to host an intern from their program - their initial e-mail states that "As an academic program, we work at no cost to employers and there is no obligation to compensate our interns". As someone who was looking for internships just a couple of years ago, I found this extremely upsetting.

They clearly haven't done their research, and are basically offering free labour without even asking what are you able to offer the students in return. No wonder everybody is having such horrible experiences.
Hello Hannah, Pls let me know everything involved, were you given a paid internship? I am at registration level, I was offered to choose a City out of 9 Cities and to register with £190.00. I am willing to choose London also LIKE YOU. Pls let me know how much the whole programme costs you. Pls reply to ards,Amos

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending