Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (III)

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    asalaamaleykum brothers and sisters. hope u are all fine. may allah(swt) help you in your life and through your studies.i'll be praying for u
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florrick)
    Perhaps, it was a bit too blunt but explain how?
    Its not blunt. Its extremely generalising to an extreme and more importantly completely wrong since I can just walk into any street and point at a woman in a hijab who wears make up and jeans underneath.

Its posts like that that causes segregation and division and pointlessly inflamatory to anyone reading.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soyasauce)
    i have another random question ( well i always do )

why are we not allowed to draw eyes ??
    I believe its bcoz its associated with the Dajjaal, the word “Dajjaal” became a title given to the lying, one-eyed, false messiah. The Dajjaal is so called bcoz he will conceal his kufr from the people by lying to them, deceiving them and confusing them.
    However my friend said that on the Day of Judgement all the eyes that hav been drawn will come to life, I dnt believe that but thats her view.
    Hope that helpd
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQGaiVgpkIY

somali children in drought reciting Quran

SubhanAllah may Allah ease their suffering Ameen.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4eva95)
    asalaamaleykum brothers and sisters. hope u are all fine. may allah(swt) help you in your life and through your studies.i'll be praying for u
    Wasalam
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4eva95)
    Waslam welcome to the I-soc
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)
    Its not blunt. Its extremely generalising to an extreme and more importantly completely wrong since I can just walk into any street and point at a woman in a hijab who wears make up and jeans underneath.

Its posts like that that causes segregation and division and pointlessly inflamatory to anyone reading.
    1) The example of the woman does not make the original user’s post wrong according to what she, V_L4ever, believes is correct in principle.
    2) Aren’t you being “extremely generalising’’ by drawing on the conclusion that the she inadvertently became the cause of ‘’segregation and division’’ and being ‘’inflammatory’’ by posting this.
    3) Conversely, people question Islam’s ethics 24/7 on TSR, for example, on the ask about Islam thread. Therefore, surely, in hindsight to stop ‘’segregation and division’’, that thread should be clamped down? I doubt even Muslims on here would agree.
    4) If an individual happens to disagree with the post and becomes Islamophobic as a result of the ‘’division’’, that makes them no better than an Islamic extremist.
    5) What about those Non-Muslims that happen to agree?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) The example of the woman does not make the original user’s post wrong according to what she, V_L4ever, believes is correct in principle.
    2) Aren’t you being “extremely generalising’’ by drawing on the conclusion that the she inadvertently became the cause of ‘’segregation and division’’ and being ‘’inflammatory’’ by posting this.
    3) Conversely, people question Islam’s ethics 24/7 on TSR, for example, on the ask about Islam thread. Therefore, surely, in hindsight to stop ‘’segregation and division’’, that thread should be clamped down? I doubt even Muslims on here would agree.
    4) If an individual happens to disagree with the post and becomes Islamophobic as a result of the ‘’division’’, that makes them no better than an Islamic extremist.
    1.) My whole point is that her ideas that she thinks are 'correct in principle' can be easily written off by walking into the street.
    2.) That doesn't make sense?.. Comments like those do cause segregation and division obviously. Please can you go and look up the word generalising because it does not apply here at all. I might be being inflammatory but only to highlight attention to a post which has no positive message at all.

3.) Again..what? The whole point of the ask about Islam thread is to prevent segregation and division by answering peoples questions about peoples beliefs and satisfying curiosity creating a more integrated society - yes I know its only a fourm but still.

4.) Seriously? Comparing that to islamic extremism? Yes, someone become islamophobic purely because of that post is stupid but based on the situation with islamic extremists and increasing islamophobia, posts like that do not help the issue and help demonize muslims to an even greater extent - this is why I complained about in the first place.

5.) Just because you believe something is right doesn't give someone the right to post an unprovoked direct comparison insulting western society as implied by the way it was written.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    1.) My whole point is that her ideas that she thinks are 'correct in principle' can be easily written off by walking into the street.
    Just because others don't follow ''her ideas'' doesn't make them ''easily written off''. They're still open to be pursued.

2.) That doesn't make sense?.. Comments like those do cause segregation and division obviously. Please can you go and look up the word generalising because it does not apply here at all. I might be being inflammatory but only to highlight attention to a post which has no positive message at all.
    Just because you believe those comments reflect x,y,z mightn't necessarily be that case. That is generalising because you're assuming the goal is to attract segregation whereas why dismiss the choice for people to see and understand Islam's perspective by looking at what she defines as reality?

3.) Again..what? The whole point of the ask about Islam thread is to prevent segregation and division by answering peoples questions about peoples beliefs and satisfying curiosity creating a more integrated society - yes I know its only a fourm but still.
    But Islam's ethics are open to question, why isn't this the same?

4.) Seriously? Comparing that to islamic extremism? Yes, someone become islamophobic purely because of that post is stupid but based on the situation with islamic extremists and increasing islamophobia, posts like that do not help the issue and help demonize muslims to an even greater extent - this is why I complained about in the first place.
    Then where does she draw the line? Convert to Christianity in fear?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just because others don't follow ''her ideas'' doesn't make them ''easily written off''. They're still open to be pursued.
    Stop defending the undefendable. This isn't about whether what she is saying is correct or not. I'm pretty sure there are many things to admire in many peoples ideologys good or bad. Its the intention of the post we are talking about.

Just because you believe those comments reflect x,y,z mightn't necessarily be what you believe she is doing. That is generalising because you're assuming the goal is to attract segregation whereas why dismiss it for people to see and understand Islam's perspective by looking at what she defines as reality?
    I'm affraid igorance isn't bliss. Things can be doen with 'good' intentions but are still wrong. Maybe her intention was to somehow make other muslims feel better about themselves, but clearly the way it is written is inflammatory because of the way it is written. Stop using generalising, that ISN'T generalising. I didn't say it was too attract segregation either, I said it comments like those can cause segregation.

But Islam's ethics are open to question, why isn't this the same?
    This doesn't make sense. I think your just trying to find a way out of my argument because if you truely believe what your saying then you are suggesting a muslim make a thread so he could answer questions about Islam for purposes other than I have described which is highly unlikey.

Then why does she draw the line? Convert to Christianity in fear?
    I'm sorry I just don't understand that....
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stop defending the undefendable. This isn't about whether what she is saying is correct or not. I'm pretty sure there are many things to admire in many peoples ideologys good or bad. Its the intention of the post we are talking about.

I'm affraid igorance isn't bliss. Things can be doen with 'good' intentions but are still wrong. Maybe her intention was to somehow make other muslims feel better about themselves, but clearly the way it is written is inflammatory because of the way it is written. Stop using generalising, that ISN'T generalising. I didn't say it was too attract segregation either, I said it comments like those can cause segregation.

This doesn't make sense. I think your just trying to find a way out of my argument because if you truely believe what your saying then you are suggesting a muslim make a thread so he could answer questions about Islam for purposes other than I have described which is highly unlikey.

I'm sorry I just don't understand that....

Attract segregation/can cause segregation, basically the ultimate message is for her to stop questioning what she defines as Western ethics because it's generalising. I don't wish to repeat my argument again as you did, therefore, I'm going to leave it to agree to disagree.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Attract segregation/can cause segregation, basically the ultimate message is for her to stop questioning what she defines as Western ethics because it's generalising. I don't wish to repeat my argument again as you did, therefore, I'm going to leave it to agree to disagree.
    You clearly haven't listened to a word i've said. She can hold whatever opinion she wants, but if a point is made, unprovked, in an inflammatory way, then there is no need to say it in the same way that:

There is opposition to the building of a mosque on ground zero;
    People don't throw religious text into the bin/recycling;

Its disrecptful and inflammatory.
    If you want to believe i'm trying to stop her questioning her definitions thats fine, i'm just telling you its not the case. If you think writing something like that is not inflammatory in any way at all then there is a deeper issue here.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    -STAND UP FOR YOUR BROTHER IN ISLAAM-

Please spare a few minutes for an innocent man who has served seven long years of his life in high security prison, despite of having no charge or conviction of any kind against him, awaiting extradition and a subsequent trial in a country he has never set foot in. The extradition request is based on the same evidence gathered during 2003 raid, which the British courts of justice found insufficient to charge Babar Ahmad with any crime.

Babar's family and friends have initiated a petition campaign on the government's website demanding that Babar must be tried in this country, where crime is supposed to have been committed. The petition MUST get at least 100,000 signatures before 10/11/2011 for the parliament to consider this issue.

How you can help

1) Sign the petition yourself if you already haven't: http://letsgetjustice.com *Ensure you click on the verification link which will be emailed to you or your signature will not be added.*

2) Make sure every single member of your household signs the petition.

3) Contact your relatives and friends and ask them to sign the petition through you, by giving you their email addresses. You may then put their email addresses directly into the above mentioned website. They will be automatically sent emails to confirm their signatures. MAKE SURE THEY DO THAT)

4) Forward this petition appeal to all your friends, Muslims and non-Muslims.

5) Share it in your social networks

6) Distribute flyers to publicise the petition. Email your address and quantity required to info@freebabarahmad.com.

7) Print copies of our template and collect signatures at your college, university, mosque, and events. Contact us to return completed petition sheets: http://freebabarahmad.com/downloads/...n_template.pdf

8) Sign the Babar Ahmad petition by TEXT: 90,000 signatures needed in 50 days to put Babar on trial in the UK. Text your full name, full address including postcode and email, to 07949178942 and we will sign it for you. Ensure you click on the verification link which will be emailed to you or your signature will not be added. Forward to all your contacts.

9) If you are not from the U.K, then please forward the message to as many people as possible.

10) Make du`aa for the brother.

• 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Sometimes God doesn't change your situation because He is trying to change your heart."
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Anyone who seeks Allah will surely find him."

-Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Dunya is like salt-water; whenever you increase in drinking it, you will also increase in thirst."
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Six beautiful gems for every Muslim to live:

"1. IMAAN

Every Muslim should strive for perfect Imaan and have conviction that:

all success lies only in the hands of ALLAH alone
    the treasures of every thing is in the hands of ALLAH alone
    ALLAH is the creator and controller of all things and conditions
    ALLAH does every thing without the help of the entire creation, while the entire creation can do nothing without the help of ALLAH.

The Kalima is the most excellent of all form of zikr.

A person who recites the kalima 100x daily, his face will be shining like the 14th moon on the day of Qiamat.
    Frequent recitation renews the Imaan. It is the best of all good deeds.
    Continuous recitation leaves no sin unwashed.
    Nothing prevents this kalima from reaching ALLAH.

Listen frequently to talks about the qualities of ALLAH. Speak (give da’wat) many times with the awareness that ALLAH is the creator and controller of every thing. Think & ponder of the attributes of ALLAH.

Only in following the sunnah of Nabi (SAW) is there success, any other lifestyle leads to failure in this life and in the hereafter.

To revive a sunnah in the time of Fitnah & corruption, the reward is equal to that of 100 shuhadaa (martyrs).

Give da’wat about the importance of sunnah Learn & practice daily sunnats.

2. SALAAH
    Salaah should be given preference over all matters. Our life outside salaah should be on the pattern of salaah. If our salaah is correct, then our whole lives will be corrected. The key to Jannah is through salaat Salaat makes our daily rizq (sustenance) easy Give da’wat about the importance of salaah,Invite towards salaah, Perform long rakaats of nafl salaah

3. ZIKR
    We should remember the Almighty with every breath we take
    Zikr polishes the heart; brings peace of mind & removes difficulties in this world & uplifts the punishment in the grave
    Learn & read different quranic dua’s …lstighfaar and Durood Shareef

4. IKRAAM
    A Muslim should always be ready to assist a fellow Muslim at all costs.

A person who helps a muslim in need ; ALLAH grants 73 favours to such person.1 favour is sufficient to fulfill all his needs in this world & 72 is to raise his status in the hereafter. Make salaam; respect elders & ulama; treat juniors with kindness; visit the sick; attend janaza’s & nikah & give good advice.

5. IKHLAAS
    Anything we do, we do for Allah alone
    A person who gives a date only to please ALLAH, ALLAH will grant such person a mountain of reward, but if a person gives for name & fame, ALLAH will take them to task.
    To make intention & check during & after deeds that it is solely for the pleasure of ALLAH

6. DAWAH ILLAL-LAAH ,
    Always show those around you the beauty of our deen.
    One morning or evening in the path of ALLAH is better than the whole world & whatever it contains. A little while in the path of ALLAH is more in reward than making Ibadat the whole night near the Hajeraswad on Laylatul Qadr. The smoke, let alone the fire of Jahannam is not allowed to touch that part of the body on which dust settles in the path of ALLAH"
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampire-Love4ever)
    Islam - Marrying young (but after puberty) *Sunnah* (Prevents fitnah)
    Western - Marrying young - ” You’ve given up your life”

Islam -Modest = Loose and flowing clothes that don’t show off our shape.
    Western - Modest = Jeans and tshirt.

Islam - Divorce, one of the most hated things allowed by Allah swt.(Last resort)
    Western - Divorce, a common occurrence.

Islam - “Paradise is under the feet of your mother”
    Western - “I’ll do what I want, it’s my life. I hate you”

Islam - Women and men should not be alone together unsupervised.
    Western - We’re just friends!

Islam - Men and women are both equal but both have different and significant roles to play.
    Western - Anything a man can do I can do better.

Islam- Do not intake anything that intentionally harms your body - intoxicants etc.
    Western - It’s okay! Just try it- everyone’s doing it. *smoking, drugs, alcohol*

Islam- Wear your Hijab so that you might be recognised for your moral values and to guard your modesty.
    Western - Why should we have to cover up?

To be honest, I can see where Skeanos' coming from.

From what I understood he was saying it was wrong to make a generalisation of what the West is like - and there's nothing wrong with that. Yes we see most people do fit into what Vampire_Lover wrote BUT there are also others who don't believe/act that same way. It's like on a forum someone said how White women are 'sl@gs" or something and a White convert felt angered by this because its a wrong generalisation and his family had been insulted by it. (Of course this example is obviously wrong where as the other isn't that much, but the point can still stand)

Skeanos also wasn't saying the principles of Islam are wrong, he didn't question them at all, from what I understood and what he said about girls on the street is true

we didn't really need to get defensive imo
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    To be honest, I can see where Skeanos' coming from.

From what I understood he was saying it was wrong to make a generalisation of what the West is like - and there's nothing wrong with that. Yes we see most people do fit into what Vampire_Lover wrote BUT there are also others who don't believe/act that same way. It's like on a forum someone said how White women are 'sl@gs" or something and a White convert felt angered by this because its a wrong generalisation and his family had been insulted by it. (Of course this example is obviously wrong where as the other isn't that much, but the point can still stand)

Skeanos also wasn't saying the principles of Islam are wrong, he didn't question them at all, from what I understood and what he said about girls on the street is true

we didn't really need to get defensive imo
    It probably wasn't the best way of giving a message. I agree.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Part of a man's good observance of Islam is that he leaves alone what does not concern him!"
Updated: October 17, 2011
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.