The Student Room Group

Help RE Social Work Bursary?

Hi there, am looking to start studying social work next year 2012 but one dont know how to go about it and 2 I really no wat financial help I would get as I know I would have to give up my job to study and I have financial commitments.

I am a single parent still living at home, If any1 could tell me roughly wat I would be entitled to that would be a great help.

Thanks again .......:smile:
Original post by Ruthybaby11
Hi there, am looking to start studying social work next year 2012 but one dont know how to go about it and 2 I really no wat financial help I would get as I know I would have to give up my job to study and I have financial commitments.

I am a single parent still living at home, If any1 could tell me roughly wat I would be entitled to that would be a great help.

Thanks again .......:smile:

You can apply for a tuition fee loan and student loan (means tested or not), and you may also be eligible for a maintenance grant.

You can apply for a NHS social work bursary, but I'm not sure whether this is means tested or not.

You could also apply for dependents allowance, as you're a parent.
Reply 2
i thought you could apply for an nhs bursary which pays your course fees and whats left over is for maintenence. and also a student maintenence loan of about £2500.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending