The Student Room Group

Is this title related to legal theory?

I have to develop my own essay title for an essay on international legal theory, and I've got 'Do humanitarian emergencies show that we need to legally enforce a notion of global justice?'. Do you think this is a title that is sufficiently related to legal theory and not international relations?
For me the question implies international relations as it is a vague question that implies moral judgments rather than legal issues. However you could certainly answer it in a ILT way.
Reply 2
I've submitted the essay now but I did worry afterwards if I addressed it in a legal theory based enough fashion. I talked about the moral justifications for global distributive justice and in my conclusion said why legislating through international law is the best way to address the moral responsibilities. My module description is 'We shall examine how the concept of emergency is relevant to a number of central areas within the philosophy of international law. In particular, we will examine whether, in having international law on your side, the existence of an emergency purports to justify a series of actions that might not otherwise be permissible during times of normalcy'. Do you think I've addressed the focus of the module well enough? What is your experience of how marking criteria works out? This was only a 5 week mini module so I'd imagine there is a bit more flexibility.

Quick Reply

Latest