The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Bethany*
Ah I see! Seems so stupid that they make lots of people do a pointless subject against their will, but hey. Am hoping Critical Thinking works similarly (i.e. child's play compared to English & History) - because I'm attempting it without lessons and so far, have absolutely no idea of what the course consists :eek:

I have one lesson a week of Critical Thinking and we may as well not have any lessons. The teacher has no idea what he's talking about! If you can debate and pick out flaws in an argument you should be alright. Part of the paper is multiple choice! We've learnt some things about picking out the conclusion of an argument and similar things. I guarantee it's easier that English and History if you can argue. If you need any more ideas about the course PM me and I'll try and send you info. :smile:
*Bethany*
Ah I see! Seems so stupid that they make lots of people do a pointless subject against their will, but hey. Am hoping Critical Thinking works similarly (i.e. child's play compared to English & History) - because I'm attempting it without lessons and so far, have absolutely no idea of what the course consists :eek:

I did that last year and got a very low B. You can see what exams I'm doinf in my sig. It's not anywhere near as easy as people make out and you really need to know what the examiners are looking for. Although they have made it much easier for people doing it this year, the style of last year's exam was much harder!

--------------

The Lady Raven
Part of the paper is multiple choice! We've learnt some things about picking out the conclusion of an argument and similar things. I guarantee it's easier that English and History if you can argue. If you need any more ideas about the course PM me and I'll try and send you info. :smile:

Part of the paper might be multiple choice, but that's the hardest bit of the paper by far. The extended writing gives you a chance to give different interpretations of an argument.
Reply 82
If I have a B in one of my AS modules (which I do because I stupidly took the exam in January) will Cambridge be like "Oh, well he did get an A at A-Level over all, but look at this B, now that's not consistent! **** off!" lol.

Or do you advise I re-take?

:smile:
Sammerz
If I have a B in one of my AS modules (which I do because I stupidly took the exam in January) will Cambridge be like "Oh, well he did get an A at A-Level over all, but look at this B, now that's not consistent! **** off!" lol.

Or do you advise I re-take?

:smile:

I had Bs in two AS modules, neither of which were taken in January. I suppose it depends how relevant the subject is - this was English Literature for a languages degree, so I don't think it mattered hugely.

Latest

Trending

Trending