The Student Room Group

June 2011 Ocr Biology F211 and F212

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
why it has not been possible to produce an effective vaccine for malaria?
Reply 41
Original post by bites

Malaria gets into the RBC's and researchers can't figure out how to make a medicine that removes the Plasmodium from inside the RBC, its seems pretty impossible!
The only vaccine is to kill malaria by preventing people form getting infected, e.g. Better teaching about malaria, more awareness, mosquito nets and insect repellent!
If no one gets infected, it can't spread!
Reply 42
https://www.o2learn.co.uk/o2_video.php?vid=355

This song helped me learn the path of blood around the heart and body: i have a feeling the heart will come up on this paper, seeing as there wasnt anything on the january 2011 paper. Hope it helps others too :smile:
Haemoglobin comes up often in the earlier papers along with the Bohr effect/shift. It takes ages to do Biology Past Papers, alot of emphasis is on the Mark Schemes. They have'nt assessed the Heart, probably because it is considered an easy topic? If you noted how there was alot of Plant Biology and Biodiversity in Jan11...they're more interested in presenting us questions which we least expect it seems. Who would've thought there'd be so much Plant Biology in Jan, knowing the entire specification, rather than certain aspects is a better approach to revision. Although it is quite obvious that not all parts of the spec are assessed like they are in Maths.
Reply 44
does anyone have a specification for f211. Its next monday and I want to focus on f211 this week but if Im honest I have no idea what so ever at what the spec is, and what modules are in it and its just frustrating that I could be revising all the wrong stuff for it right now.

HELP!!!!!!! thank you xo
Reply 45
Original post by lackjan
does anyone have a specification for f211. Its next monday and I want to focus on f211 this week but if Im honest I have no idea what so ever at what the spec is, and what modules are in it and its just frustrating that I could be revising all the wrong stuff for it right now.

HELP!!!!!!! thank you xo

Both F211 and F212 are attached in one document :smile:

Or on the OCR website: http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/kd/ocr_9600_kd_gce_spec.pdf

Does anyone have a copy of F211 January 2011 paper and mark scheme? The link that was posted earlier has since been removed. Cheers in advance.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
I'm really struggling to remember the immune response.. it's so confusing :s does anyone have any good methods of remembering it all?
Reply 47
Im currently just revising solely f211 as Im shockingly bad at it. Im inconsistent with f212 papers I've got Es and other's I've had Cs.
f211 and I just seem to be getting Us no matter how much I revise, the information just doesnt go in, there's somuch detail.
Reply 48
Does anybody have any notes on tissue fluid and lymph? Find that topic quite difficult to remember..

I have attached in situ conservation, just some revision notes don't know if its any help :smile:
Original post by bulletproof_love
Chem, History and Maths :/

Those are my exact options too!!!
kind of got excited. :colondollar:
I've only met one person with same combo as mine.
Original post by intellectual1
Haemoglobin comes up often in the earlier papers along with the Bohr effect/shift. It takes ages to do Biology Past Papers, alot of emphasis is on the Mark Schemes. They have'nt assessed the Heart, probably because it is considered an easy topic? If you noted how there was alot of Plant Biology and Biodiversity in Jan11...they're more interested in presenting us questions which we least expect it seems. Who would've thought there'd be so much Plant Biology in Jan, knowing the entire specification, rather than certain aspects is a better approach to revision. Although it is quite obvious that not all parts of the spec are assessed like they are in Maths.

Yeah, it was mainly about plants. there was only two questions that I can remember which were not on plants
Reply 51
Original post by bites

Original post by bites

Mutations? Resistance?
Biology Mark Schemes are very specific :frown: There is so much to memorise, although alot of the old questions are adapted...doing as many past questions is a very sensible idea, however the mark schemes are extremely specific. F212 is far easier to prepare for as it is more interesting. Plant Biology really is'nt exciting at all...Now I wish I'd pursued Physics, since it relates well to Mechanics modules in Maths...but Biology is easy if you memorise the textbook...Exam technique is quite an issue in Biology, since if you look at the mark schemes, they tend to only allow specific terms. Even if you are correct, if it is not on the mark scheme no matter what...it does'nt get you the grade you deserve.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bulletproof_love
Haha cool great subjects huh... :smile: lol you doing both biology units?

yeah. I'm resitting the first unit.
This time I'm guaranteed to do worser as I revised a lot more than.
Haven't even been through the whole unit yet!
How is your revision going?
Original post by Nickini
Both F211 and F212 are attached in one document :smile:

Or on the OCR website: http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/kd/ocr_9600_kd_gce_spec.pdf

Does anyone have a copy of F211 January 2011 paper and mark scheme? The link that was posted earlier has since been removed. Cheers in advance.

Here are the links:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53130655/OCR-F211-Cells-Exchange-and-Transport-January-2011-Mark-Scheme

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53180705/OCR-F211-Cells-Exchange-and-Transport-January-2011-Insert

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53130620/OCR-F211-Cells-Exchange-and-Transport-January-2011

Hope it helps!
Monday's the big day! :eek3:
omgomgomg how is everybody feeling? :biggrin:
Original post by JChoudhry
Monday's the big day! :eek3:

Thanks for the reminder :tongue:
Reply 58
Man i'm nervous..
it really depends on the retake for me...
ive got 34/40 on practical and have been getting A's in the f322 paper...
Make or Break... :frown:
Does anyone have any ideas of what may come up in the f211 paper??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending