The Student Room Group

anyone taking Japanese A2 level in june?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nathe_123
ooh i'm going to leeds too :smile: what accomm. have you put down? :smile:

umm i went for Charles Morris, coz i rly wanna get into that new building :biggrin::biggrin:
Hopefully ill see u there haha, are u just doing japanese as ur degree?
Reply 21
Original post by redbeanmochi
Yeah, the timing is one of my main worries - I always almost run out of time...

Good luck :smile:

Kool u too! :biggrin: yeh thats y i memorised a summary and also learnt loads of key sentences like the moral of the story and like what Akutagawa was criticising. rly long :frown:
what sort of stuff have you been learning about okinawa? like transport/economy/tourism? etc

I've left out transport, but yes, tourism in a big way because I'm thinking (hoping) I can fit it in to just about anything.
What about you? Are you doing Okinawa too or elsewhere?

I'm also memorising some facts and stuff to throw in :smile: Getting quite sick of writing them again and again haha but only a few days left now :redface:
Reply 23
Original post by redbeanmochi
I've left out transport, but yes, tourism in a big way because I'm thinking (hoping) I can fit it in to just about anything.
What about you? Are you doing Okinawa too or elsewhere?

I'm also memorising some facts and stuff to throw in :smile: Getting quite sick of writing them again and again haha but only a few days left now :redface:

ahhh okinawa sounds cool, i was thinking of doing Nagano, because it's got quite a few tourist attractions and stuff, last year they asked a whole question on transport links :O (or maybe the year before) which sucks, but yeah, im kinda scared now, i need to do well because i'm doing Japanese at uni
:s-smilie:

good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Narutofan88

Original post by Narutofan88
umm i went for Charles Morris, coz i rly wanna get into that new building :biggrin::biggrin:
Hopefully ill see u there haha, are u just doing japanese as ur degree?

yeah just Japanese :smile:
, last year they asked a whole question on transport links :O (or maybe the year before) which sucks,

Yep, that was last year, and the bright side of that is that it's really unlikely to come up this year, right? :wink:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 26
im bricking it for tomorrow, all i'm hoping for is really general questions, i.e. introduce one book and an area of Japan etc.

and woo i'm going to Leeds too, Japanese and German.
Reply 27
Hi, im a native japnese speaker and ive been studing it my self.

Are we marked on kanji we write, does it not matter if you write everything in hiragana and katakana? In AS level you only had to be able to read kanji and i was guessing it was same in a2.
Reply 28
also what kind of points due need to remeber for essays in paticular hoshi shinichi. are there any good sources, help sites in how to answer the essays? please help im terrified.
Reply 29
Original post by olliept
im bricking it for tomorrow, all i'm hoping for is really general questions, i.e. introduce one book and an area of Japan etc.

and woo i'm going to Leeds too, Japanese and German.

Hey which book are u doing? and m doing Japanese and Economics at Leeds, wat accomodation u going for? what did u get for AS btw :biggrin:

Original post by tomio
also what kind of points due need to remeber for essays in paticular hoshi shinichi. are there any good sources, help sites in how to answer the essays? please help im terrified.

soz im doing hana from Don Don Yomeru, sorry i cant be of help :frown:
Reply 30
aah rats, but could you help me with the other point- are we assesed on writing kanji and if so what sections?
Reply 31
umm u need to use all kanji at gcse (really easy) otherwise they would deduct marks from translation and the essaY but i dont think its a huge part but every mark counts so yeh i guess we are assesed lol :biggrin:
Reply 32
ok so we need to be able to write kanji learnt at gcse- not too much of a problem.
Reply 33
sorry t bother again, do you have any sites i can refer to in how to answer essays? can you give me tips on how to structure 400-600 word essay with these questions for a year in japan?
Chotto onegai ga arun desu kedo....Does anyone have any example essay i could look at? I'm a private candidate so i can't tell if the essays i'm doing are the right level : ( I would post up a few, but i only have them hand-written.
Reply 35
use webcam- what do you mean right level?
As in like...too simple maybe?
Reply 37
give me a few example sentences which illustrate level in japanese.
Reply 38
Original post by tomio
sorry t bother again, do you have any sites i can refer to in how to answer essays? can you give me tips on how to structure 400-600 word essay with these questions for a year in japan?

Well structure would basically depend on the title of the essay. For example if the title stated it was really hot in the summer and it asked you what kind of events that japanese people do in the summer.

My first paragraph would be on how seasons are integrated in japanese society. then general summer weather.
then i would talk about a few festivals/events in detail such as O-bon and Tanabata and so forth.
Then the next paragraph as the over arching theme is the hot summer weather i would talk about foods that cool the body down such as suika etc...
then conclude on your opinion or something like that

hope that helps :biggrin:
Reply 39
so how did everyone find the exam, i dont wanna jinx it but i thought it went pretty well, but i dont know if ill get an A* tho :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending