The Student Room Group

Which has a higher employability rate: Biomedical Science or Nutrition?

Or does it depend on the university.

I got and offer on:

Nottingham Uni (Higher uni) - Nutrition
Brunel University (Lower Uni) - Biomedical Science

Can somone please direct me to a site where they show the employability statistics by degree/course?...I've been looking all over:frown:

Reply 1
Original post by Niveken13
Or does it depend on the university.

I got and offer on:

Nottingham Uni (Higher uni) - Nutrition
Brunel University (Lower Uni) - Biomedical Science

Can somone please direct me to a site where they show the employability statistics by degree/course?...I've been looking all over:frown:

Is the biomed degree accredited?
Reply 2
Original post by anon2010
Is the biomed degree accredited?

No :frown: but I get a sandwich course :redface:
No :frown: but I get a sandwich course :redface:

I like sandwiches :smile:
Reply 4
tried unistats?
Reply 5
Original post by GeographyEllie

Please dont. I'm being serious here, deadline for insurance and firm course is near. :shifty:
Please dont. I'm being serious here, deadline for insurance and firm course is near. :shifty:

I'm sorry, thought my humour would help :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Joinedup
tried unistats?

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I'm sorry, thought my humour would help :frown:

Apology accepted. :redface:
Reply 9
If it is not accredited then I would go to Nottingham. It will look better on your CV than a uni that a lot of people haven't heard of.

However maybe have a think about what you would like to do as a career?
Reply 10

lol :tongue:
Regardless of the university, you should choose the course which you find most interesting.

I havent read into nutrition much, but im guessing itll be a bit of anatomy and physiology, a bit of food biochemistry and metabolism, and then learning how to structure nutrition plans for patients such as diabetics, eating disorders etc.

Whereas biomedical science encompasses a MASSIVE spectrum of fields within science. The career prospects are awesome. If the uni choice is worrying you, just aim for a first class honours and you will be fine :smile:

http://ww2.prospects.ac.uk/p/types_of_job/nutritionist_job_description.jsp

http://ww2.prospects.ac.uk/p/types_of_job/biomedical_scientist_job_description.jsp
Apology accepted. :redface:

I'm not knowledgable in your area of interest unfortunately :frown:
Reply 13
It is not accredited - which is very very good unless you want to be ONLY a hospital/private biomedical scientist. If you do want to do this, Brunel can put you into further training to do this, but the degree gives you a sound understanding in medical sciences giving you a platform to multiple careers not just a bimedical scientist reserach, teaching, clincal research, being a biomedical/clinical scintist, biochemistry, or medicine and dentistry. Do which ever one you prefer, if you have a deep and pssionate interest in science - do biomed!
Nutrition does not equal Dietetics

Dietitians are respectable, registered health professionals

Nutritionist = that awful poo women Ms McKeith
(edited 12 years ago)
Okay I know this is an extremely old thread but I'm unsure whether to do biomed/ dietetics.

I want to do a personal statement to link them however, pe ople say it's not a good idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending