The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
which campus do most prefer to go to? i know de havilland has the sports village and u got your own bathroom, but how is college lane better?is it more social than de havilland?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I think that the main reason people go for College Lane is the fact it's cheaper, more courses are based at College Lane so live there for convenience & then there's the fact that it is where the nightlife is situated so it's closer & easier to get to when you've been drinking :wink: lol.

I'm going in September so I can't tell you exactly with the social situation.. but I would guess like anywhere it's as social as you & the people you are with make it! :smile:
Original post by Os90
which campus do most prefer to go to? i know de havilland has the sports village and u got your own bathroom, but how is college lane better?is it more social than de havilland?

I think Charlii-Lou-x nailed it really. The main reason will be because it's a lot cheaper. Besides the price, on the Forum is based on college lane which houses several bars/clubs on de havilland there is a small pub sort of thing (club de havilland) but you can't really compare that with the Forum.

The de havilland is mostly for all humanities, business, education and law students. All other subjects are based at college lane :smile:
Reply 103
Hey I got an email saying my accommodation booking

Floor: 070, Block: TEC,

Telfort has 70 floors ???
Original post by bellameow
Hey I got an email saying my accommodation booking

Floor: 070, Block: TEC,

Telfort has 70 floors ???

no ^^ Telford court doesnt have 70 floors :smile: did it only tell you the floor and block?
Reply 105
Original post by Pop_tart
no ^^ Telford court doesnt have 70 floors :smile: did it only tell you the floor and block?

Just the room number :smile:
Reply 106
hey everyone :smile: i wanted to ask you something. do you think it is possible to get a room on campus? because i have applied only about a week ago.. it is going to be my first year, i have heard that they give priorities to freshers, don't they?
Original post by camilep
hey everyone :smile: i wanted to ask you something. do you think it is possible to get a room on campus? because i have applied only about a week ago.. it is going to be my first year, i have heard that they give priorities to freshers, don't they?

You are quite late with applying I must say but if you are a first years you will be alright I think :smile:

They will give you priority but I'd say 90% of the people who apply for on-campus accommodation are first years anyway.
Hello all, I was wondering if any one could please help me out with following.
1.Do I need to pay the deposit of 400 pounds to complete the application process for accommodation?
2.Is there any installment methods to pay the accommodation?
Original post by Bradwast88
Hello all, I was wondering if any one could please help me out with following.
1.Do I need to pay the deposit of 400 pounds to complete the application process for accommodation?

Yes, you will not be able to move in if you do not pay the 400 pounds deposit. However, you do not need to pay this right away, you can pay the deposit any time from now till the day you move in at the student centre at College Lane.

Original post by Bradwast88
2.Is there any installment methods to pay the accommodation?

Yes, you have the option to pay the accommodation fees over three installments.
One in September/October, the second around january time and the last one around April time.

:smile:
I applied for 1: De Havilland and the rest Telford Court.

Is it safe to assume I won't be getting De Havilland as my UCAS application is taking forever to update xD.
Original post by Kemurikaze
I applied for 1: De Havilland and the rest Telford Court.

Is it safe to assume I won't be getting De Havilland as my UCAS application is taking forever to update xD.

it's safe to assume that you will get de havilland. With the increase of price a lot of people will opt to go a lil cheaper so I think most people who applied for de havilland as a first choice will get that, unless you only just sent off your application but even then.
(edited 12 years ago)
I actually sent my application off a month ago but, my grades still haven't updated so I'm still waiting to hear back. Do they hold a place at my choices or sort that out after my UCAS updates?
I actually sent my application off a month ago but, my grades still haven't updated so I'm still waiting to hear back. Do they hold a place at my choices or sort that out after my UCAS updates?

You'll be fine then :smile: UCAS is always late :tongue:
Reply 114

If you already have the grades, you can send a copy of your grades to the uni through email or post. Then the admissions office can update your application early.

I don't think you should wait for UCAS to update your grades because I think they'll wait till mid August where the majority of people will have their grades updated, and so it'll be really busy around then.
Original post by Pop_tart
it's safe to assume that you will get de havilland. With the increase of price a lot of people will opt to go a lil cheaper so I think most people who applied for de havilland as a first choice will get that...

The price difference is quite a lot so your right in saying that not as many people will opt to go for de hav..
Reply 116
I got my Flat number yesterday Room 5 Flat 2 HadHam Hall De Hav. I went for De Hav as my course is on that campus else I owuld have gone for the cheaper option!
Reply 117
is there any market near college lane? i'm on diet, so it would be nice if i can cook myself :smile:
and are there clubs and society? like choir? dance and stuff like that?
Original post by Mr.Scott
I got my Flat number yesterday Room 5 Flat 2 HadHam Hall De Hav. I went for De Hav as my course is on that campus else I owuld have gone for the cheaper option!

There is a free shuttle bus that goes from college lane to de havilland like every 5 min in the mornings so it really doesn't matter where your course is :smile: Well bit too late for that now :tongue:

Original post by bellameow
is there any market near college lane? i'm on diet, so it would be nice if i can cook myself :smile:
and are there clubs and society? like choir? dance and stuff like that?

There is a famers market I think every so often in hatfield towncentre. Actually, you might be better of going to St. Albans! They got a proper big market there :biggrin:

I'm not sure if there is a choir actually :O you can check all that out as soon as you get there though cause most societies will be there at the student fair :smile:
Original post by Mr.Scott

Ahh nice, what course are you going for? Still waiting to hear from them...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending