The Student Room Group

The most otaku things you have ever done

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Aiko
Nanoha. :redface:

wew, i bet lots of ppl took pictures of u :biggrin:

Original post by Ilot
I used to kinda like anime back when I was 16/17... Cosplaying a pokemon character at a convention might just be the weirdest thing I've done. And I don't know if it's very otaku, but I had a fairly big collection of Mame Shiba keitai straps back in 2009.

as a human character or one of the pokemons? :P
Reply 21
Original post by gandhistoto

as a human character or one of the pokemons? :P

Both. :colondollar:
(Maguma-dan from 3rd gen and Upaa from 2nd gen.)
Reply 22
Original post by Ilot
Both. :colondollar:
(Maguma-dan from 3rd gen and Upaa from 2nd gen.)

upaa, so cute :cute: but i guess its quite troublesome to wear a pokemon costume which has no hands :tongue:
Reply 23
Nothing really, except collected a few figurines. I would like some more. Also, I spotted a Chopper t-shirt in a shop at Uni that I keep forgetting to go in and enquire after. Bah!
Reply 24
upaa, so cute :cute: but i guess its quite troublesome to wear a pokemon costume which has no hands :tongue:

Quite! I had to use a straw for everything. xD
Reply 25
Original post by EskimoJo
Nothing really, except collected a few figurines. I would like some more. Also, I spotted a Chopper t-shirt in a shop at Uni that I keep forgetting to go in and enquire after. Bah!

quickly go buy it, before it runs out of stock! i had similar experience before. i was saving up for this one piece tshirt only to find out tt its sold out when i had enough money :frown:
Reply 26
I tried once to do a naruto jutsu thingy with my hands :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by Ilot
Quite! I had to use a straw for everything. xD

what an interesting experience! i have never wanted to do a cosplay though :tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by ussumane
I tried once to do a naruto jutsu thingy with my hands :tongue:

only once? :sexface:
Reply 29

Tourists, mainly. :tongue:
Planning and buying all of the gear for giving myself Anarchy Stocking hair. >__>

Still not done that though, saw some people with realllly badly dyed hair on dA who put me off.

I guesss it'd have to be buying a looad of Loveless merch off of ebay back when I was about 14. And drawing lots of fanart. That was quite a while ago though, not really into that whole scene anymore c:
Reply 31
The most Otaku thing I've ever done? Probably visiting Akihabara, also went to Otome road only because my sister insisted :colonhash:
Reply 32
only once? :sexface:

Okay, maybe twice...or more :giggle:
Reply 33
I buy otaku-ey things

I have a few artbooks imported, though my most prized possession is a copy of Miwa Shirow's VVW from Comiket 76 :teehee:
I also own a Block Rock Shooter PVC figure. Wanted the set, but no money.

Meh
(edited 12 years ago)
Setting up my own doujinshi, dakimakura and h-doujin business ._.
Reply 35
Original post by Sai4
The most Otaku thing I've ever done? Probably visiting Akihabara, also went to Otome road only because my sister insisted :colonhash:

sounds like a scene in ore no imouto :wink:

Original post by caiitlinz
Planning and buying all of the gear for giving myself Anarchy Stocking hair. >__>

Still not done that though, saw some people with realllly badly dyed hair on dA who put me off.

I guesss it'd have to be buying a looad of Loveless merch off of ebay back when I was about 14. And drawing lots of fanart. That was quite a while ago though, not really into that whole scene anymore c:

haha please do that, it would be cool to have stocking's hair :biggrin: just because others' were bad, doesn't mean yours will be :smile:

Original post by ussumane
Okay, maybe twice...or more :giggle:

i knew it :colone:

Original post by Susant
I buy otaku-ey things

I have a few artbooks imported, though my most prized possession is a copy of Miwa Shirow's VVW from Comiket 76 :teehee:
I also own a Block Rock Shooter PVC figure. Wanted the set, but no money.

Meh

is that your website? :K if so, that is so awesome

Original post by RanmaSyaoran
Setting up my own doujinshi, dakimakura and h-doujin business ._.

WOW :eek: is it an online shop or is it a physical shop? that is beyond awesome. can i see your website please? i want to set up my own manga cafe too, but now still don't have any money :redface:

WOW :eek: is it an online shop or is it a physical shop? that is beyond awesome. can i see your website please? i want to set up my own manga cafe too, but now still don't have any money :redface:

I sell at the MCM expo's for the time being so I've taken the site offline (I don't want to end up without enough stock for the expo.)

I wouldn't mind a psychical shop but I wouldn't open one in this country (to much stigma against h-stuff, etc...).

I'm going to uni to study Japanese and then I'm planning on emigrating over there.
Go as pyramid head to an expo.. (well I've kinda wanted to anyway hah)

If I could have, I'd have bought the akatsuki cloak and worn that around random places, done it with like 10 other people to have the full group xD
Reply 38
sounds like a scene in ore no imouto :wink:

I've never watched that, is it good? or just a typical incest/loli fanservice type of anime?
Reply 39
Original post by RanmaSyaoran
I sell at the MCM expo's for the time being so I've taken the site offline (I don't want to end up without enough stock for the expo.)

I wouldn't mind a psychical shop but I wouldn't open one in this country (to much stigma against h-stuff, etc...).

I'm going to uni to study Japanese and then I'm planning on emigrating over there.

wew. you are amazing. you are like the only person that i know so far that is very serious about anime and make it into a business. but i thought that tokyo(and naturally almost all of japan) have banned ecchi and the likes to be sold publicly because of tokyo governor's policy. i'm not sure whether it is fine though if you clearly rate it as 18+. and from what i know, japan is also well known for its hate against foreigners.

Original post by Sai4
I've never watched that, is it good? or just a typical incest/loli fanservice type of anime?

of course it depends on your taste. but i like it very much. it is more of comedy type. the character designs are awesome, the songs are enjoyable and ED song changes every now and then. storyline, although trivial is quite rich and interesting. it has very few fan services for it's genre i would say

for more information: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7525

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending