The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mani92
I'm currently a student on the 4 year MD programme at Warsaw, so if anyones got any questions I can try to answer them! โ˜บ๏ธ

Hiya!

I was just wondering if you knew if the 4 Year course in Poland is recognised by the GMC in the UK?
Reply 41
Original post by Nisha_Siva
Hiya!

I was just wondering if you knew if the 4 Year course in Poland is recognised by the GMC in the UK?

Yeah it is :smile:
Just the other day some students got matched to FY1 spots in London!
Great Thank you! Are you enjoying studying in Warsaw? did you find the application process difficult? Do you have any advice which you wish someone would have told you when you were applying for medical school? Also are you from the UK?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, Warsaw is currently on the top of my list of medical universities in Europe!
Reply 43
Original post by mani92
Yeah it is :smile:
Just the other day some students got matched to FY1 spots in London!

Hi Mani92,

Can you tell me what the accommodation is like please. Are the dorms close to the university and do they have adequate desk space?
Reply 44
Hi mani92.

Were you in your final year undergrad when you applied to Warsaw or did you take a gap year after graduating?

Thanks
Reply 45
Hey guys. I'm hoping to apply to poznan but I have a Bsc degree in Public Health and I'm Nigerian. Any chance I can get in to the four year MD program? And what other requirements do I need to meet? Any info would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by VivySarj
Hey guys. I'm hoping to apply to poznan but I have a Bsc degree in Public Health and I'm Nigerian. Any chance I can get in to the four year MD program? And what other requirements do I need to meet? Any info would be appreciated :smile:

i would advise you to go directly to Poznan medical science website and email the person responsible for the 4Yr MD programme. you will get a more accurate answer based on your degree etc otherwise you might waste time with people advising based on their own personal situation. i have come in contact with the University and they are very good in replying and letting you know straight away whether you can apply or not.
Reply 47
Original post by mbolomiti
i would advise you to go directly to Poznan medical science website and email the person responsible for the 4Yr MD programme. you will get a more accurate answer based on your degree etc otherwise you might waste time with people advising based on their own personal situation. i have come in contact with the University and they are very good in replying and letting you know straight away whether you can apply or not.

Thanks alot. Would do
Reply 48
Hey guys. I'm thinking of applying to poznan but I have a Bsc degree in Public Health and I'm from Nigeria. Does anyone have info on how I can get in to the four year MD course? That is if I stand a chance and what the entry requirements are?
Reply 49
Original post by shreer
Hi mani92.

Were you in your final year undergrad when you applied to Warsaw or did you take a gap year after graduating?

Thanks

Hey, I was in my final year of my undergrad :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by mani92
Hey, I was in my final year of my undergrad :smile:

Hey mani, I was wondering if you got into the 4 year course at warsaw or was it the 6 years? I am from the uk, I have a BSc in biomedical sciences and an MSc in drug toxicology, but I haven't studied chemistry or physics or maths at a level, would that be a problem do you think to get entry into the 4 year MD program?
Reply 51
Original post by zareiem
Hey mani, I was wondering if you got into the 4 year course at warsaw or was it the 6 years? I am from the uk, I have a BSc in biomedical sciences and an MSc in drug toxicology, but I haven't studied chemistry or physics or maths at a level, would that be a problem do you think to get entry into the 4 year MD program?

Hey Bud, I'm on the 4 year course!
I'm not quite sure if that would be an issue as you have a masters to, best thing would be to drop the admissions people a quick email! โ˜บ๏ธ
Reply 52
Original post by mani92
I'm not quite sure if that would be an issue as you have a masters to, best thing would be to drop the admissions people a quick email! โ˜บ๏ธ

Hey mani thanks for the reply :smile:

I will try to email them, I did email them over a week ago now but I got no response n it's hard to find time to ring during work but il email tonight hopefully for a response. I just wondered whether u had any physics or maths and how did u manage to show ur gcse physics grade coz it all falls under science doesn't it and not sepArated out into subjects..
Reply 53
Original post by mani92

Hello mani, I'm also thinking of applying for Medicine abroad (graduated recently with an MPhys), and Poland is looking good, but the big question for me is funding. Are you self-funding? Did you manage to get a loan from somewhere? Do you know if this might be possible?

I appreciate your time!
Reply 54
Original post by zareiem
Hey mani thanks for the reply :smile:

I will try to email them, I did email them over a week ago now but I got no response n it's hard to find time to ring during work but il email tonight hopefully for a response. I just wondered whether u had any physics or maths and how did u manage to show ur gcse physics grade coz it all falls under science doesn't it and not sepArated out into subjects..

Right I went and checked my emails I was also worrying at the time so I had emailed them saying last time I did any physics was at GCSE, but I had an grade A in A level maths which had some mechanics modules!
They told that would be okay so I just sent everything in when I uploaded the documents GCSE and A Level grades to be on safe side, but I'm pretty sure what they meant was that A level math would be fesible โ˜บ๏ธ
Reply 55
Original post by cvzj57
Hello mani, I'm also thinking of applying for Medicine abroad (graduated recently with an MPhys), and Poland is looking good, but the big question for me is funding. Are you self-funding? Did you manage to get a loan from somewhere? Do you know if this might be possible?

I appreciate your time!

Hiya mate, yeah being from the UK unfortunately we don't get funding (or none that I know of). There are European bursaries but I really didn't look into them so can't help you there, but yeah it's self funded!
I did however hear llyods TSB used to give development loans for education, but you'll have to maybe pop into a branch and see whether that is still true or not!
Good luck anyway ๐Ÿ˜Š
Reply 56
Hey guys,

Im thinking about applying to medicine in Poland for the 4 year too ( from the UK). I'm just wondering how current students who are studying there are finding living in Poland? I don't mean to be judgemental etc, but I have heard that the people can be racist towards ethnic minorities, which is worrying as I am indian haha. Also, I understand the workload will be intense, but I was wondering how people are finding learning polish?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Reply 57
Original post by mani92
Right I went and checked my emails I was also worrying at the time so I had emailed them saying last time I did any physics was at GCSE, but I had an grade A in A level maths which had some mechanics modules!
They told that would be okay so I just sent everything in when I uploaded the documents GCSE and A Level grades to be on safe side, but I'm pretty sure what they meant was that A level math would be fesible โ˜บ๏ธ

Hey mani ! :smile: sorry for the late reply, I only just saw your last message now.. I still haven't sent my application, its abit confusing as it doesn't allow you to remove the preloaded chem phys bio bits in the education section as they 'are a requirement' but coz I haven't studied chem n phys at a level separately, I've had to put my gcse grade for each of them although my gcse was science double award and I ahvent actually studied them individually lol hope it will be alright.. I did also put all my other gcses on there, my a levels, and my bsc and msc so im hoping all of that mght be enough to get me in to the 4 year prog. I was wondering, if you can recall the online application at all, what you put in the section 'school and diploma', coz all my grades and qualifications etc I listed in the education section, but then the school and diploma section seems to ask for degree info, but only gives you enough boxes for one degree.. so ive put my masters in that section, but the to and from dates which I studied I put 2008-13 which was the total length of my bsc and msc including a science foundation year.. I was also wondering, how long roughly did they take to get back to you? I was just wondering how long they might take to get back to me and if I have any time to look for somewhere to sit a level maths for the sake of saying I have an A level in maths in case they say no.. and then resend the application before the deadline.. lol crazy idea I know.. also, what year are you in now? I just wondered how long ago you applied and got in.. as to whether my questions would be relevant to you or not incase things might have been different when you applied.. thanks for any help in advance :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by zareiem
Hey mani ! :smile: sorry for the late reply, I only just saw your last message now.. I still haven't sent my application, its abit confusing as it doesn't allow you to remove the preloaded chem phys bio bits in the education section as they 'are a requirement' but coz I haven't studied chem n phys at a level separately, I've had to put my gcse grade for each of them although my gcse was science double award and I ahvent actually studied them individually lol hope it will be alright.. I did also put all my other gcses on there, my a levels, and my bsc and msc so im hoping all of that mght be enough to get me in to the 4 year prog. I was wondering, if you can recall the online application at all, what you put in the section 'school and diploma', coz all my grades and qualifications etc I listed in the education section, but then the school and diploma section seems to ask for degree info, but only gives you enough boxes for one degree.. so ive put my masters in that section, but the to and from dates which I studied I put 2008-13 which was the total length of my bsc and msc including a science foundation year.. I was also wondering, how long roughly did they take to get back to you? I was just wondering how long they might take to get back to me and if I have any time to look for somewhere to sit a level maths for the sake of saying I have an A level in maths in case they say no.. and then resend the application before the deadline.. lol crazy idea I know.. also, what year are you in now? I just wondered how long ago you applied and got in.. as to whether my questions would be relevant to you or not incase things might have been different when you applied.. thanks for any help in advance :smile:

They werr hard to get hold of, but I kept ringing and eventually spoke to someone!
I'm first year so dont think they've changed the application procedure too much!
Not too sure about issue with studying Biology or Chem, ring them and ask they'll be able to tell you straight away yes or no and will save you a lot of time ๐Ÿ˜Š good luck with it all
Which universities are you applying to in Poland?

Latest