The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by princeiland
Hey mani
Please I want to know how much the tuition fee for a non EU student would be when applying to Warsaw. Also I have a degree in optometry, what are my chances of getting into Warsaw. Thanks

Tuition I thought for all students is 14,000 euros a year :biggrin:

Original post by MEDIC1998
Hey guys!!!!!!!!!
Is this medical uni in Bydgoszcz GMC accredited?
Thanks

Look on the GMC website, or IMED https://imed.faimer.org/results.asp?country=759&school=&currpage=1&cname=POLAND&city=&region=0&rname=&psize=25

Theres the link for all the uni's in Poland accepted by the GMC, make sure to check the specific course (4yr or 6yr) accreditation

Original post by PlayerBB
Thank you and it's okay, I am looking for 2016 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I know Warsaw did do pharmacy course, just out of interest how come you're wanting to do pharmacy abroad, didn't think entry requirements in the UK were too high (I might be completely wrong here so sorry in advance if that is the case)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mani92

Hey, I know Warsaw did do pharmacy course, just out of interest how come you're wanting to do pharmacy abroad, didn't think entry requirements in the UK were too high (I might be completely wrong here so sorry in advance if that is the case)

yeah they're not that high, but i wanted to have a second chance just in case something happened! But, i am not applying anymore, i'll just stick to the UK
Reply 82
Original post by PlayerBB
yeah they're not that high, but i wanted to have a second chance just in case something happened! But, i am not applying anymore, i'll just stick to the UK

Ah I get you! Fair enough can't beat the English education system even I miss it time to time 😝
Good luck anyway 🤓
Reply 83
It is. See below:What makes an overseas qualification acceptable?To be eligible to apply for GMC registration, you must hold an ‘acceptable overseas qualification’. An acceptable overseas qualification meets all the criteria approved by our General Council. The criteria are: It must be a primary medical qualification in allopathic medicine that :

i. has been awarded by an institution listed on, the World Directory of Medical Schools or on, the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) ...

Reply 84
I know Poznan also do Pharmacy and you're best applying through MedicalPoland as they add extra services for free (i.e. free for applicant, the Uni pays for it).
hi guys, can anyone clarify how the application criteria works for the 4 year MD course in Lodz. I have a BSc in Biomedical Sciences and im confused by the credits for chem, bio, and physics they are asking for when registering before application. I emailed admissions but they werent much help. Anyone who's applying ths year? anyone knows?
Reply 86
Original post by mani92
I'm currently a student on the 4 year MD programme at Warsaw, so if anyones got any questions I can try to answer them! ☺️

Hey mani92, hope you don't mind me taking you up on this offer but I'm kind of stuck and would appreciate some help! I've only just found out about 4 yr medicine courses in Poland and I really want to apply for 2016.

I've been looking into the applying at the following universities: Medical University of Warsaw, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Poznan University of Medical Sciences Center for Medical Education. Obviously, you are at Warsaw, could you comment on the quality of the programme there and also what the process is when you are finished and want to practise back in the UK? Also, if you know much about the other two universities i.e. reputation/quality of education, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Furthermore, I am a bit concerned that I only came across these course abroad now and so I haven't sat the UKCAT or GAMSAT. Whixh exam did you sit and what did you get, if you don't mind me asking.

Lastly, I graduated last year and have lost a bit of touch with my tutor so not sure what I should do with regards to letters of recommendation, did you have to get one when you applied? I had some personal mitigating circumstances in my final year of BSc Biomedical Sciences and I didn't fare too well and got a Third, so I also don't think i'd get a glowing recommendation to study medicine. :frown:
Reply 87
Original post by sbaq1
Hey mani92, hope you don't mind me taking you up on this offer but I'm kind of stuck and would appreciate some help! I've only just found out about 4 yr medicine courses in Poland and I really want to apply for 2016.

I've been looking into the applying at the following universities: Medical University of Warsaw, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Poznan University of Medical Sciences Center for Medical Education. Obviously, you are at Warsaw, could you comment on the quality of the programme there and also what the process is when you are finished and want to practise back in the UK? Also, if you know much about the other two universities i.e. reputation/quality of education, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Furthermore, I am a bit concerned that I only came across these course abroad now and so I haven't sat the UKCAT or GAMSAT. Whixh exam did you sit and what did you get, if you don't mind me asking.

Lastly, I graduated last year and have lost a bit of touch with my tutor so not sure what I should do with regards to letters of recommendation, did you have to get one when you applied? I had some personal mitigating circumstances in my final year of BSc Biomedical Sciences and I didn't fare too well and got a Third, so I also don't think i'd get a glowing recommendation to study medicine. :frown:

Hiya,

The top two are Warsaw and Kraków (Jagiellonian) for sure! Poznan is geared a lot more towards US students, but I hear it's easier to get into out of the three!

The quality of teaching is pretty decent to be honest! There are some classes which aren't great and teaching could be better, but overall its good! Coming back to the UK isn't any issue as Warsaw is GMC accredited and you apply for FY1 spot (everyone going back to the UK this year has got a spot so far).

I sat the UKCAT before coming out! Wanted to sit the GAMSAT but didn't have time to be honest (got lazy over the summer)

I never got a letter from my tutor i decided to get mine from 3rd year project head and a character reference from the care home I worked at. Also to be honest I'm not sure whether they have a cut off point on degree classifications, maybe if you explain your situation to them and ask if you can still apply with that grade, as you don't want to spend 200 euros (application fee) if they will straight out reject you!

Good luck buddy and any other q's just ask :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 88
Hi,

If you are looking at 4y options, you should consider Poznan. They started as a program geared towards Americans but increasingly open to other students. There are over 1000 internationals in Poznan at the moment and they also have a very supportive agent for UK & Ireland - Medical Poland who doesn't charge extra and supports you through the application process and helps there in Poznan if you need something.
It's good to know that Poznan has one of the most extensive and modern medical simulation centre in the region. They even initiated an international competition in medical simulation so especially if medtech is your thing, I'd go for 4-year MD program in Poznan with Medical Poland.
One thing is that for the 4y you need one of the structured exams like GAMSAT or UKCAT but you're sorted in this respect.
Reply 89
Poznan is a great uni, loving the course here but it is very hard, requires constant study. If you guys are wiinterested in PUMS go to the facebook group and there you can get alot of insight into the course.
First of 4MD here
Hi,
Can someone explain the deal with the Lekarza exam. GMC website says that lekarza exam is required before full registration. Also i heard the pass rate for that exam is quite bad. Is this true? and how much does it effect the applications for fy1?
Original post by nyeem
Hi, I've just been accepted as well. There's a blog by a Canadian student who studies at WUM which might help you with some of your questions.

http://www.thecadaverchronicles.com/blog

There's also the student governments website
http://muwedsg.com/

Did you apply directly through their website or through an agency? I have a UK pharmacy degree and applied to them directly, the tick on the application is green which, according to them, means submitted but the photo verification status is still pending. Also on their website it says the application outcome will be known by the end of July. So, did you go through similar process? I mean the photo verification status and a long wait till july?
Original post by Ashish555
hi guys, can anyone clarify how the application criteria works for the 4 year MD course in Lodz. I have a BSc in Biomedical Sciences and im confused by the credits for chem, bio, and physics they are asking for when registering before application. I emailed admissions but they werent much help. Anyone who's applying ths year? anyone knows?

I have graduated in Biomedical Sciences and have a similar problem applying to Lodz university.I have called the admissions team and they said send us your syllabus for each module and the number of hours in each module and the admission team will make the decision whether you can proceed with the interview and course.
Reply 93
Original post by panacea2357
Did you apply directly through their website or through an agency? I have a UK pharmacy degree and applied to them directly, the tick on the application is green which, according to them, means submitted but the photo verification status is still pending. Also on their website it says the application outcome will be known by the end of July. So, did you go through similar process? I mean the photo verification status and a long wait till july?

Sorry for the late reply, don't go on here that often. I applied directly through their website and your application should be good. If you are worried give them a call or email them but the process over here is sooo but keep waiting you'll here something around July if i remember can't really remember when.
Reply 94
Hi
I have heard that this year in Poland minster of health department. Makes new rules for doing vocational training or in polish is called LT you need to have polish language to pass the exam.
Without that training UK GMC or GDC will not acccept you degree.
Can anyone know more about it
Thanks
Reply 95
Hi
I have heard that this year in Poland minster of health department. Makes new rules for doing vocational training or in polish is called LT you need to have polish language to pass the exam.
Without that training UK GMC or GDC will not acccept you degree.
Can anyone know more about it
Thanks
Original post by mani92
I'm currently a student on the 4 year MD programme at Warsaw, so if anyones got any questions I can try to answer them! ☺️

Hi mani92.
I had a question. What is the criteria to
Come into the 4 year Medical in Warsaw. What kind of question do they ask in interview or entrance exams if they have ?
Right now im doing my BSc in nursing. I Will be Done with the University about 1,5 year and im interested to go further with my education. Is it then possible for me to search for the 4 year program? And which school are u in exactly in Warsaw?
Reply 97
I am looking for this answer, did you get it?
Reply 98
Original post by HeenaIqbal
Hi mani92.
I had a question. What is the criteria to
Come into the 4 year Medical in Warsaw. What kind of question do they ask in interview or entrance exams if they have ?
Right now im doing my BSc in nursing. I Will be Done with the University about 1,5 year and im interested to go further with my education. Is it then possible for me to search for the 4 year program? And which school are u in exactly in Warsaw?

Original post by Dioniso
I am looking for this answer, did you get it?

Hey sorry! Must of missed this! So Warsaw have stopped the 4 year programme for the moment and I'm not sure if it will reopen again! However, they still do have the 6 year medicine programme! Lodz do a 5 year course and you could look into Poznan and Krakow I believe they still offer 4 year programmes
Reply 99
Thanks. Does anyone know the costs of Studying in Lodz?