The Student Room Group

When are easter eggs reduced?

I'd love to get a bargain but miss them every year, when can I find easter eggs cheap?

Scroll to see replies

Halloween.
Reply 2
After easter.
If you wanted a bargain, by weight and quality buying a normal bar of chocolate is usually better value.
Poundland?
Reply 5
After easter is over...but I bet they're 'best before date' is the day after easter! :tongue:
Usually a few days after Easter.

I'll be straight on the Hotel Chocolat website to see if there are any bargains :ahee:
Original post by Sakura-Chan

Most places discount their easter eggs most heavily before easter. I work in the online dept at sainsburys, and we had people buying over a month in advance when we had 3-for-1 on cadburys eggs, and since then the offers have just got progressively worse. You might see some places reducing them by a fair whack, but as a rule of thumb the discounts seem to be highest when demand is, in order to steal customers from elsewhere.

I'll be straight on the Hotel Chocolat website to see if there are any bargains :ahee:

Getting me an Ostrich Egg from John Lewis, between a gift card and employee discount it's only going to cost me £20 =D
Definitely agree. A few weeks back, the offers were great. They had that 3-for-1 but also the big eggs at half price [made them £2.75 each]. Yet, so many customers were buying eggs today and paying much higher amounts for them. You can't blame Sainsbury's for that though - if people will pay the higher amount, it makes business sense to charge it.

Will be looking at HotelChocolat though when I get chance. The eggs they sell always look amazing. Eg, http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/Dark-Chocolate-Egg-P300165/ :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by affinity89

Original post by affinity89
Definitely agree. A few weeks back, the offers were great. They had that 3-for-1 but also the big eggs at half price [made them £2.75 each]. Yet, so many customers were buying eggs today and paying much higher amounts for them. You can't blame Sainsbury's for that though - if people will pay the higher amount, it makes business sense to charge it.

Will be looking at HotelChocolat though when I get chance. The eggs they sell always look amazing. Eg, http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/Dark-Chocolate-Egg-P300165/ :smile:

They, really, really are =P get some of the caramel chocolate, it's the best thing ever [=
Reply 10
*subscribes* :ninja:

this is my plan next week im off to the shop :biggrin: yay eastery chocolate :biggrin: forgot about it after valentines day :frown:
x
I'm going to need to go hunting for them :ninja:
All I got was a chocolate bunny, damnit! (It's lovely, but I wanted some actual eggs!)
They were only a pound each at tesco.
Just ordered one off Hotel Chocolat, due to their half price sale. I got free delivery too, so I saved a little bit extra as well. Yummy. :smile:

Oh, btw, in Sainsbury's yesterday most of the eggs were half price. The store I popped into had lots and lots of eggs left. :smile:
Tesco and Sainsburys were doing 'Buy one, get two free' a while back....maximum of 9 eggs per customer though!
I bought a bucket of them from tesco yesterday. £3.25 reduced from £15!

I was very chuffed.

There's about 12 full sized eggs in that bucket.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I bought a bucket of them from tesco yesterday. £3.25 reduced from £15!

I was very chuffed.

There's about 12 full sized eggs in that bucket.

Wow. :eek:
Why don't you just raid a skip behind Co-Op or Tescos instead? :confused:
Reply 19
Hotel Chocolat have reduced theirs already, but they're still quite expensive! Iceland (the frozen food shop) has reduced theirs by a lot, 6 creme eggs for £1! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest