Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Itchy Contraceptive Implant

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've had the implanon implant since september/october. Quite often I find the are that it is in is itchy Especially in the mornings and now I woke up this morning and it is SO SO itchy! I'm trying really hard to not scratch it and concentrate on something else but I just want to have a crazy scratch at it! The spot that they inserted the implant is raised up in a lump and white.
    I'm just wondering if this is normal? Does anyone else with an implant get this?
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is either healing, which can be an itchy process but shouldn't take too long, or it is infected, in which case you need to go back and get them to look at it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if you've had it in for so long and your body isn't used to it then I would get it checked at - mines never been itchy.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its been too long for it to still be healing, get to your gp this week and get them to have a look.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mine itches too sometimes, and I've had it in the same amount of time... I hope its ok lol! I've got a little white scar too

EDIT: Oh...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had the implant for nearly two years now. and mine's soooo itchy. especilly at night. i feel like ripping my arm off. then i get the same white lump and my arm goes all warm.
    went to the docs about continous headaches and as i was putting my coat back on he got a glimpse of it and told me to go back to the clinic, as it shouldnt look like that, and shouldnt be itching so much after 2 years. theres always a red line down my arm is aswell with the implant underneath.
    I'm not sure whether to go back to the clinic, because i dont no whether its gonna be worth it x
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodiemcfc)
    I've had the implant for nearly two years now. and mine's soooo itchy. especilly at night. i feel like ripping my arm off. then i get the same white lump and my arm goes all warm.
    went to the docs about continous headaches and as i was putting my coat back on he got a glimpse of it and told me to go back to the clinic, as it shouldnt look like that, and shouldnt be itching so much after 2 years. theres always a red line down my arm is aswell with the implant underneath.
    I'm not sure whether to go back to the clinic, because i dont no whether its gonna be worth it x
    Thta red line sounds a bit like an infection, please go back to your GP asap.

I just had implant replaced after three years and just had an extremely itchy spell like after the first one was put in. The first time I had implant put in it was so itchy and they thought I got an infection so I had antibiotics but it was itchy for months and months on and off and gradually reduced.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi this is the second implany ive had put in but in a slightly different place not on the muscle more near the elbow joint and its so itchy! I don't ever remember it being itchy befor ehope it stops coz driving me mad!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had mine for about the same time as you and yes sometimes scars are itchy don't worry about the little white lump that's just the scar and it won't be infected cause it would be warm and red and sore, mine itches too and my doctor said it was just hormones so nothing to worry about x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.