The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

When can we move back into halls?

Because of the bank holiday on Monday the 2nd, term doesn't start until the 3rd May. I know traditionally we move back in the day before term starts, but of course this is normally a Sunday. I've emailed my tutor asking if we can move back in on Sunday the 1st, but he said it's Monday the 2nd. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't think I'd be able to get back on the Monday, so I'd have to come up the following week and miss a week of revision lectures (not to mention a deadline), plus all the excitement of everyone reuniting :frown:

Anyone know for definite when we can move back into halls after the Easter holidays?
Reply 1
I also heard we move back into halls on the Monday. I don't know for definite, but if that's what your tutor said then I'd trust him. :-P
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Yeah thanks :smile: I know, guess I'm just in denial haha, I really don't think I can get back Monday :frown:
Reply 3
Yeah, my boyfriend is having the same problem. I wonder if you could pay extra to have your room available on the Sunday? It might be worth contacting the hall manager or whoever to find out :dontknow:
Just spoken to my tutor again, he said that the halls should be prepared for Sunday arrivals, but the official moving date is Monday.

Well, I'm going back Sunday then!
Original post by make-cookies-not-war
Just spoken to my tutor again, he said that the halls should be prepared for Sunday arrivals, but the official moving date is Monday.

Well, I'm going back Sunday then!

Soundhound says that the song is apparently - 'Civil Theme' by Danny Elfman.

I'll send you a list of requirements to fulfil these 'favours' to you as I decide what they are. :colone:
Original post by moneyballs2
Soundhound says that the song is apparently - 'Civil Theme' by Danny Elfman.

I'll send you a list of requirements to fulfil these 'favours' to you as I decide what they are. :colone:

I had a feeling it was Danny Elfman, but someone suggested this to me before and I had a listen to that song and it's not that :frown: thanks for trying though! But no sexytimes for you, sorry, have a cookie instead :cookie:

I had a feeling it was Danny Elfman, but someone suggested this to me before and I had a listen to that song and it's not that :frown: thanks for trying though! But no sexytimes for you, sorry, have a cookie instead :cookie:

Well. I didn't want sexytimes ANYWAY!

:'(
I *think* that you can move back into halls on the Sunday if you pay something like £15. We got an email from our hall manager, but I've deleted it as part of my drive to get my inbox small enough for me to be allowed to send email again.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I *think* that you can move back into halls on the Sunday if you pay something like £15. We got an email from our hall manager, but I've deleted it as part of my drive to get my inbox small enough for me to be allowed to send email again.

Ah thanks, that makes sense 'coz it's £15 a night to keep your room over the holidays. I really think they should have told us this before we broke up, we haven't received an email or anything, and everyone I've spoken to assumes that the moving day is Sunday! Would be a bit mean for everyone to turn up and be forced to pay £15
Ah thanks, that makes sense 'coz it's £15 a night to keep your room over the holidays. I really think they should have told us this before we broke up, we haven't received an email or anything, and everyone I've spoken to assumes that the moving day is Sunday! Would be a bit mean for everyone to turn up and be forced to pay £15

Best idea is to email your hall manager/accom services. I'm fortunate because my dad can bring me back up on the bank holiday.

Quick Reply

Latest