The Student Room Group

are my legs too fat to wear a dress? PICS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
How short is the dress? Have you got a link/photo of it?

no:frown:

dont know what length i shoudl wear, where to by it from either..

i usually try dresse son in new york, size 16 amd their always fitted!

and make my stoomach bulge out too # :/

as im also big from the top i dont know what to wear?
Your legs aren't that big. Probably best to go for something knee-length though.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not lol, maybe i'll ad some where my legs look bigger..here:

http://tinypic.com/r/2ih2ulf/7

http://tinypic.com/r/2e3r72p/7

my legs are so short.

i weigh around 86 kg lol, and im 5ft5 so..my legs are fat..but i dont wnana wear a dress if they'll look fat

At 86kg, you're gonna look fat in anything tbh. I'monly being truthful. I'm 6'0 and you're 10kg heavier than me...
Reply 23
Original post by CB91
At 86kg, you're gonna look fat in anything tbh. I'monly being truthful. I'm 6'0 and you're 10kg heavier than me...

i know, lol

like i said, i have started goign gym
Reply 24
i dont know why you bothered to be anon. when i click next on the pics i can see you.
Reply 25
Original post by gigglybum
i dont know why you bothered to be anon. when i click next on the pics i can see you.

that's not me..
lol
Reply 26
what dress?
im not wearing one?

whatever you're wearing isn't very flattering because it's too short
Yeah, i'm 6"2 and you're like 12kg heavier than me. :/
Don't fret, OP :smile: My legs and overall body shape look similar to yours.

I wear short skirts or dresses occasionally, with either leggings or tights. If you don't want to wear the tights when it gets hot, things that come to your knees will be perfect - you won't look frumpy or anything.

As you've got quite a curvy figure, wear wrap-around dresses to accentuate your waist, or ones with ties at the waist, e.g.

they are!:

i dont understand how the pictures aren't showing it! but let me see if i can take them of my legs, not ffrom mirror!

http://tinypic.com/r/11izqkw/7

i have cellulite, and infront of me teh bottom parts look huge :frown:

Your legs dont look any worse than mine or any other girl i know :smile: you just need a little more confidence in yourself! I really can't recommend tights enough :smile: i'm wearing some now and they just hold everything in, ive got cellulite too and you cant see it its great :smile: really dont worry hun, and if you really cant bear it, wear things that don't show the parts of yourself you don't like :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by *Rouge*
whatever you're wearing isn't very flattering because it's too short

i only wore it to take the pictures, im sitting in a pair of joggers now. no way am i getting these logs out again.
i know, lol

like i said, i have started goign gym

If you're motivated enough, you'll lose the weight in no time.
Reply 32
You just have big thighs, get over it.
Your legs look fine, might wanna clean your mirror though D:
I am sorry, I am from Europe (So yes I am Eurotrash and bla bla) but how can you say that her thighs are ok? Like she knows they are too big and wants to do something against it, and her size clearly isn't normal. Like here it is not "average" to be a size 16. And if you are its frowned upon because its unhealthy. I mean I am the same height as her, and I couldn't even imagine weighing the same as her...

I am sorry, and I don't care if I will be negged or whatever, but don't make being fat ok. AND SHE IS NOT CURVY! I have nothing against people with weight problems, but don't make it seem like its healthy to be that size.

Oh and for legs exercises, the best you can do is squats, lunges and a lot a lot a lot of cross trainer. If you want you can PM me, and I will explain you the exercises I do :smile: because I do many more on the floor and they really help :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by angelbones
Don't fret, OP :smile: My legs and overall body shape look similar to yours.

I wear short skirts or dresses occasionally, with either leggings or tights. If you don't want to wear the tights when it gets hot, things that come to your knees will be perfect - you won't look frumpy or anything.

As you've got quite a curvy figure, wear wrap-around dresses to accentuate your waist, or ones with ties at the waist, e.g.

Original post by Jellybean91
Your legs dont look any worse than mine or any other girl i know :smile: you just need a little more confidence in yourself! I really can't recommend tights enough :smile: i'm wearing some now and they just hold everything in, ive got cellulite too and you cant see it its great :smile: really dont worry hun, and if you really cant bear it, wear things that don't show the parts of yourself you don't like :smile:

thank you soo much! :smile: is it okay if i pm you two for any further help?
You should avoid a clingy style of dress as it will just further emphasise your thighs, an A line dress that flows outwards should suit you as you can't tell where your thighs end and the material begins (so to speak :tongue:).

Of course :smile:

Of course :smile:
Reply 39
tsr is brutal sometimes! anyways OP, id say wear mid-length skirts... so dresses/skirts that a knee-length are best..show off the skinnier part of your leg (calfs? calfy-bit? lolz i dont know the plural!).

also dresses with an empire line (smaller fit at the waist, flare out on the skirt) are flattering on EVERY shape. here's some examples:
1 (need a cami under this though, bit low cut!)
2 (good style because it cover arms, if you're self-conscious)
3 (ignore the vile print, look at the style of the dress)

avoid mini-dreses and big baggy shapeless things (equally, avoid bodycon things!)... wear cardis and jackets (denim, leather, etc.) to cover up arms and shoulders.

tights and leggings (although im not a fan of the leggings/dress look personally) are also brilliant for hiding your legs. and fake tanning; as long as you dont go overboard, it can really make you feel better about getting your legs out.

also look at blogs, two that spring to mind at french for cupcake and messy carla. these ladies look goregous and dress in such pretty things, so hopefully will inspire you a bit? :smile: blogs are fab for style inspiration when you're feeling a bit stuck in a rut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending