The Student Room Group

Maintenance Grant or Loan

Hi guys,

I sent off my SF application a few weeks ago, I've had a letter back today.

It says i'll get a loan of £3564, but says nothing about the grant I thought I applied for?

I'm an independant student and i'll earn nothing at uni, my household income for the year they wanted proof of was around £15k.

Surely I would get the higher loan amount and grant? Do they usually send the grant details out at the same time as the loan details?
Original post by LeahWilliams
Hi guys,

I sent off my SF application a few weeks ago, I've had a letter back today.

It says i'll get a loan of £3564, but says nothing about the grant I thought I applied for?

I'm an independant student and i'll earn nothing at uni, my household income for the year they wanted proof of was around £15k.

Surely I would get the higher loan amount and grant? Do they usually send the grant details out at the same time as the loan details?

They tend to sent out info about the non-means tested version first, including asking you to sign a form if you did the application online. Sometime later, information about the means-tested stuff turns up. Don't panic about anything claiming that this is the final assessment. You can end up with a collection of so-called final assessments.
Reply 2
Thanks Hobbit, Looking at the letter again it says it hasn't taken in to account my income. It says 'Loan not based on household income' but I put my income down... I guess I can phone and change this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending