The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Top ones are too high bottom ones are too long :dontknow:

Do you have like a massive scar / deformity / tattoo just above your knee that nobody can see?
I wouldn't wear shorts like that. Not because I think they don't look good on those people but because my thighs are much bigger, thanks to years of sprinting. Therefore if I wear shorts I tend to wear ones that go just past the knee.
Original post by costaerer
looks like some kinda tribal coat.
gross :eek:

spot on, it was based on native american influences :biggrin:

Original post by paddy
And they say eugenics is a bad thing!

they say it's bad 'cause it is, duh

My denim jacket just arrived and now I'm waiting for this beauty!

comes with gore-tex lining for added badassery ^__^
(edited 12 years ago)
Wore a sportcoat on a flight yesterday morning after seeing Prince William jet off in one the previous day.

Too easily led by royals dressing like old men, but I do love that coat as I've had it since I was 17. Want to wear it moar :coma:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
I wouldn't wear shorts like that. Not because I think they don't look good on those people but because my thighs are much bigger, thanks to years of sprinting. Therefore if I wear shorts I tend to wear ones that go just past the knee.

Meh, I'm a runner, I still only wear shorts that sit above the knee. They look better on most people unless you're gastronomically obese.
Reply 205
Original post by Redemption

Do you have like a massive scar / deformity / tattoo just above your knee that nobody can see?

I have a few scars but couldn't care less about people seeing them. I just don't want a pair of shorts that look like they are too small/strangling my balls.
Sitting at the bottom of the quad rather than half way down your thigh or calf is where they should go.
Original post by Mess.
I have a few scars but couldn't care less about people seeing them. I just don't want a pair of shorts that look like they are too small/strangling my balls.
Sitting at the bottom of the quad rather than half way down your thigh or calf is where they should go.

How does the length of the leg have anything to do with the fit around your crotch? Unless you're buying Age 12-13 shorts I assume that they will allow for the fact that you have a penis.

Frankly, you could go EVEN HIGHER and still look like you run this town.

Reply 207
Original post by Norfolk_Enchance

Original post by Norfolk_Enchance
hoping for one around london, will google.

thanks

Aha.. I didn't know Levis do student discount.

I buy all my jeans from there too (or most of them anyway) with the odd pair from elsewhere if I really like it. But nothing beats Levis. The quality and comfort is top notch.
Reply 208

How does the length of the leg have anything to do with the fit around your crotch? Unless you're buying Age 12-13 shorts I assume that they will allow for the fact that you have a penis.

Frankly, you could go EVEN HIGHER and still look like you run this town.

Because when you sit down the length of the leg gets shorter, creating a crotchal tightness and almighty bulge that would have you arrested if young kids were nearby.
Original post by Steph90
Aha.. I didn't know Levis do student discount.

I buy all my jeans from there too (or most of them anyway) with the odd pair from elsewhere if I really like it. But nothing beats Levis. The quality and comfort is top notch.

neither did i, the girl at the counter asked me if i had a student card, i said i didnt and but i am sixth form student and she shell give me the discount.

and yes definately, the 512 and 506 are my favourite.
Original post by -anti-anti-

waiting for this to arrive & planning on how im gonna age it ^__^

:rofl: hope this is a joke. i actually burst out laughing when i saw it :biggrin:

Can you guys recommend me some aftershaves and stuff too, cheers. original, (maybe newish?), and really nice (the only must here :p:) if possible
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
Because when you sit down the length of the leg gets shorter, creating a crotchal tightness and almighty bulge that would have you arrested if young kids were nearby.

The length of the leg has nothing to do with the tightness of the crotch. They are two seperate things. It's pretty simple. You could have no leg, and a loose crotch (think boxer shorts), and you can have trousers that have a tight crotch (think leggings).
Original post by Gob Bluth
:rofl: hope this is a joke. i actually burst out laughing when i saw it :biggrin:

Can you guys recommend me some aftershaves and stuff too, cheers. original, (maybe newish?), and really nice (the only must here :p:) if possible

no i was dead serious lol. i already have a nom de guerre parka, surface to air windbreaker a comme des garcons blazer & an original fake blazer x windstopper (coming soon). now i just want to experiment with more colorful wacky stuff ^__^. never seen an embroidered long denim jacket like that before, + it was made with NBHD JPN Denim which is the highest quality denim available in the market at the moment. i know it blows trash italian denim like dolce & gabana/armani etc out of the window. i won't even start to talk about comparing it to levis (lol) either unless you're talking about the japanese/vintage branches and even then NBHD is still way better >_>. -rant-

speaking of NBHD Denim these are so sick:

sadly kinda outta my range for jeans as they're currently retailing at $750, to make things even worse they're sold out in most stores at that price ;_;.
(edited 12 years ago)

speaking of NBHD Denim these are so sick:

gross.
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
gross.

yeah true, it's not like anything they sell in flannels liverpool i guess
Reply 215
copped deze, der quite dope ya kno:

Original post by efn
copped deze, der quite dope ya kno:

dope! especially that first varsity, it's the business. what evisus are they? never actually seen those before o_O.
Reply 217
dope! especially that first varsity, it's the business. what evisus are they? never actually seen those before o_O.

ermm i was googling it and found it, thought they looked nice :smile:
Double trolling unit above?
Reply 219
Original post by Boom Pow
Double trolling unit above?

Most likely :yes:

Latest