The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by wm123
Yes.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you weren't actually being sarcastic and now people are attacking you, you have changed your mind.

Not a fan of cardigans, I'm sure you'd be fine with just the shirt.

But if you need a sweater, opt for a v-neck.

Make sure you wear a black belt!
Reply 382
Original post by Mess.
I want to say no and that they are truly awful but for some reason I am drawn to them :sigh:
The right person could really pull them off.

Know exactly what you mean, happens a lot with shorts, no clue why :tongue:
Reply 383
Original post by dontknow1

Original post by dontknow1
Im thinking of getting all of this . anything worth missing to save some money ?
what do you think its going to total a little over £600 the chino are £100 (half price)

I really wanted this VW blazer
http://www.hervia.com/vivienne-westwood-menswear-c2/vivienne-westwood-jackets-c21/vivienne-westwood-man-blazer-navy-p10053?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=26730&utm_campaign=froogle#26730
but its 500 and not in my size
any ideas of a alternative but same look

If you had to chose from top priority purchase to something that's nothing much what would you buy defo (would be great if you can list all)

That blazer on the Vivienne Westwood page is horrible :lolwut:

There are pretty similar ones in Zara. Nicer ones at that as well tbh.
Reply 384
Original post by GunnerMT

Original post by GunnerMT
Just bought my first pair of trainers in about 2 years, so this is what comfort feels like:

I think adidas has really caught on to something great with this Ransom range. Minimalistic trainers in loads of good colour-ways.

Good choice. Ignore the other retards saying its chavish. They don't know ****.

Adidas make some of the best trainers in the world. Esp. stuff like the collaborations with other designers, "x Ransom", the Adidas Originals, Stan Smiths (the limited edition ones, with the checkered inside) etc.

I've never seen a chav wear decent adidas trainers. They usually wear the cheap bright white running trainers.
Reply 385
I like Adidas and don't think it's chavvy at all, but I would not wear those Ransoms. I'd much rather get a nice pair of Spezials or OG Gazelles.
Reply 386
Sunny weather outfit pour moi:

:smile:
Reply 387
Original post by Mess.
That blazer on the Vivienne Westwood page is horrible :lolwut:

There are pretty similar ones in Zara. Nicer ones at that as well tbh.

:eek: iv fallen in love with that blazer
are you crazy the blazer is amazing the perfect shade of blow with brown buttons to compliment it and the contrast trim
zara=made of cardboard box

anyone want to comment on other clothes there
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 388

where did you get that belt from
nice
Original post by Mossad

Shirts don't go with cargo shorts

dontknow1
where did you get that belt from
nice

The belt is from Asos
Original post by Mossad

Why on Earth you thought to wear that outfit is beyond me.

1) That type of shirt doesn't look good untucked.

2) Those shorts don't go with the shirt. You should have gone for a more simple pair of shorts such as navy or cream chino.

3) Needs a belt.

Not trying to be harsh, but constructive. (:
Reply 391
Original post by Mossad

That shirt is really unflattering because it's a shirt that is meant to be tucked in.

Seriously, it's too loose on top and too tight at the bottom. Wear a different shirts or a t shirt.
Reply 392
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Shirts don't go with cargo shorts

Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
Why on Earth you thought to wear that outfit is beyond me.

1) That type of shirt doesn't look good untucked.

2) Those shorts don't go with the shirt. You should have gone for a more simple pair of shorts such as navy or cream chino.

3) Needs a belt.

Not trying to be harsh, but constructive. (:

Original post by paddy
That shirt is really unflattering because it's a shirt that is meant to be tucked in.

Seriously, it's too loose on top and too tight at the bottom. Wear a different shirts or a t shirt.

I appreciate your advice guys, I don't pretend to know what I'm doing. :tongue:
I didn't buy the stuff to go together, just simply bought the shorts today from Superdry and chucked the shirt on when I got home.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mossad
I appreciate your advice guys, I don't pretend to know what I'm doing. :tongue:
I didn't buy the stuff to go together, just simply bought the shorts today from Superdry and chucked the shirt on when I got home.

I still managed to come across as a bit of an idiot. :colondollar: the shorts would probably look better with a t-shirt.. :biggrin:
Reply 394
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
I still managed to come across as a bit of an idiot. :colondollar: the shorts would probably look better with a t-shirt.. :biggrin:

LouisVuitton suck and has always sucked
OK guys I'm looking for a suit for our sixth form leavers do and I'm stuck on choosing a blazer. I'm currently planning on wearing black trousers, white shirt and black tie but I'm thinking of breaking up the color with a grey blazer (would that even work?), anyways any advice would be great.

I'm currently looking at http://www.hm.com/gb/product/81216?article=81216-A#article=81216-B but I'm doubting whether it would work, any ideas?
Reply 396
That type of blazer is too casual for a tie and formal trousers in my opinion.

I would have just gone full black tbh but it will be hard to find a jacket that nicely matches now :sad:
You're probably right I should keep it plain. How about http://www.hm.com/gb/product/77638?article=77638-A then?

Latest