The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I really like them too, just don't want to part with that much money at the moment.They'd go with jeans and chinos.
Original post by Ghost
What do people think of these and some beige chinos with a similarly coloured belt?

To my mind it might be too much neutral, leaving the whole bottom half looking a bit bland and undefined. I would usually go for more of a contrast between trouser and shoe; if one is a neutral then the other is a bolder colour. Blue chinos?

Original post by Ben_S
Hi,

I have an assessment centre on Tuesday for a Grad Scheme and I'm getting myself a grey suit. I need some advice on a shirt/tie combination that would work with this colour. Any help on the matter would be greatly received. Thanks guys

Don't wear black, it comes across as boring.

Go for a plain colour tie, or a subtle pattern. Couple of possiblities all available at TM Lewin:

I always wear a crisp white shirt with cufflinks to interviews etc. Use a full windsor knot for your tie, a symetrical knot is shown to have better success at interviews.
(edited 12 years ago)

Yay or nay?

Not sure it would go with my many of my trousers though.
Reply 8205
I'm at an 18th tonight!

ADVICE!!!

Blue slim chino's
Light tan brogues
Light denim shirt
Burgundy cable knit cardigan
Reply 8206
Anyone!?

Pretty pretty please :d
Could anybody tell me what a 'regular' jean length size is? For Armani jeans?

I usually fit 34" waist and leg length jeans for reference - would these jeans fit me? http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/product.php?xProd=28511&xSec=28
Reply 8208
Original post by DopeSk1llz
Could anybody tell me what a 'regular' jean length size is? For Armani jeans?

I usually fit 34" waist and leg length jeans for reference - would these jeans fit me? http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/product.php?xProd=28511&xSec=28

DKNY Jeans is the same company as AX and DKNYJ are 33" inside leg for the regular, I think AX were the same as well. Stupid length for a regular tbph.
Original post by Mess.
DKNY Jeans is the same company as AX and DKNYJ are 33" inside leg for the regular, I think AX were the same as well. Stupid length for a regular tbph.

I see. I suppose I could get away with them, I may purchase some Hugo Boss jeans at 34/34 instead.

It's so much easier when they list both waist and leg length, instead of just 'regular' or 'short'
Reply 8210
Original post by Mess.
x

Mess.

Blue chino's
Light denim shirt
burgundy cable knit cardigan
tan brogue

How does it sound? An 18th in about 30 minutes!
Reply 8211
Original post by fletchdd02
Mess.

Blue chino's
Light denim shirt
tan brogue

I would change the shirt to white/grey to avoid overload of blue.
Sounds great otherwise.
Reply 8212
Original post by GunnerMT
I would change the shirt to white/grey to avoid overload of blue.
Sounds great otherwise.

I thought that mate, but it's not to formal and I only have a button down oxford in white, which would look too formal. I'll go for it and hope for the best, i'll post a picture tomorrow :smile:
Reply 8214
Which chinos do you think are better?

or
Reply 8215
Original post by fletchdd02
Mess.

Blue chino's
Light denim shirt
tan brogue

Sounds more like you're off to a 30th in 18 minutes.

If you're that unsure - then it doesn't matter.
Whereabouts are men supposed to wear their trousers regarding position to the waist?

Do you wear them low, like above the pubic thatch :biggrin: or do you wear them above the belly button?
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Whereabouts are men supposed to wear their trousers regarding position to the waist?

Do you wear them low, like above the pubic thatch :biggrin: or do you wear them above the belly button?

Not so high as to be in the line as your belly button. And not so low where you crack becomes visible. Anything in between should work quite well :yy:

Latest