Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princecaspian)
    I need a grey shirt..
    what do you think of this one ?
    Asos polka dot slim fit shirt :

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Slim-F...rt=-1&clr=Grey
    I got this last week, it's quite nice but the fit will vary quite a bit from person to person. What sort of proportions are you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    What are good coats/jackets for spring? I'm confident when it comes to choosing heavyweight winter coats and stuff, but when it comes to spring I don't have a clue :confused:
    Mac/Trench coat
    Safari Jacket
    Blousson/Bomber Jacket
    Linen/Cotton Blazers

Basically, very similar styles to winter, but lighter material. The trench coat pretty much replaces the peacoat and there's lightweight summer versions of most other outerwear. Colour is the biggest change, black gives way to shades of cream and navy tends to be replaced with lighter/bolder shades of blue.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satchef1)
    Colour is the biggest change, black gives way to shades of cream and navy tends to be replaced with lighter/bolder shades of blue.
    Didn't know people actually paid attention to stuff like this?

I doubt the average person could tell you what shades/colours are 'in' for the season, so it seems like a bit of a wasted effort to me. Each to their own though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)

I doubt the average person could tell you what shades/colours are 'in' for the season, so it seems like a bit of a wasted effort to me. Each to their own though.
    Yeah but in general you want lighter and brighter for the summer I think.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

It's no effort really. Dark colours are good in winter, they're warm. Dark shades absorb light and with it, heat. Light colours are good in summer. Light shades reflect light, heat. It's nothing to do with trend; it's the same thing every year simply due to physics, lighter clothing is more comfortable to wear in summer. I put it to you that most people do know this, even if it's only subconsciously? The number of people wearing dark colours like black and navy is far larger in the depths of winter than it is in the middle of summer. I don't think many people give it much thought, but they do follow the rule.

The specific colour suggestions were just that, suggestions. I was trying to help RobML with his choice. Cream(tan/stone etc.) is a staple colour for this time of year for reasons mentioned above. Brighter shades of blue seem to be a bit of a trend this year from what I've seen in the shops. Obviously there's a lot more choice than that, lots of grey, for example.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fields)
    Yeah but in general you want lighter and brighter for the summer I think.
    snip
    Oh I agree that lighter shades are better in Summer. I was referring to people who read 'this colour is in' or 'this pattern is big this summer' in fashion magazines and then buy stuff specifically like that.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    What are good coats/jackets for spring? I'm confident when it comes to choosing heavyweight winter coats and stuff, but when it comes to spring I don't have a clue :confused:
    I don't really wear coats in the summer, what with it being warm and all. Just wear a sweater if its chilly or carry an umbrella if its raining.

But yeah, in general lighter colours for the summer.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    I don't really wear coats in the summer, what with it being warm and all. Just wear a sweater if its chilly or carry an umbrella if its raining.

But yeah, in general lighter colours for the summer.
    Yeah I was thinking of something to keep me dry when it rains, as it inevitably does through half of spring here in Wales Anyway, i've got sweaters and stuff like that so be ok when it gets a bit chilly

Btw, I found something I quite liked on this website a while back, but I've completely forgotten what website it was. I remember it has a star rating and review system for the stuff on there, but the only sites like that I can think of like that are Urban Outfitters, American Apparel and Burton, but it's none of those. Does anyone know any other sites like this?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Yeah I was thinking of something to keep me dry when it rains, as it inevitably does through half of spring here in Wales Anyway, i've got sweaters and stuff like that so be ok when it gets a bit chilly

If its still rainy and cold, then just keep wearing your winter jacket I suppose? Else perhaps a light corduroy jacket or a fleece, something like that?

If you're wearing shorts, then just stick on a hoodie, seeing as a jacket with shorts looks entirely ridiculous.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh I agree that lighter shades are better in Summer. I was referring to people who read 'this colour is in' or 'this pattern is big this summer' in fashion magazines and then buy stuff specifically like that.

Fortunately, such people are usually few and far between.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So it's time for a new look,

Desert Boots... yes/no

Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	259076_main.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	138919  
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never before have I seen such a collection of terrible fashion taste all in one place before... wow.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: What a ridiculous question.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    and what's it got to do with fashion?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalpenguin)
    I personally like them, but I feel they'd look better if they were rolled up so they rest just above the knee. I've been DIY'ing some and created some from slim/skinny jeans that I no longer wear. Just cut to below wear you want them to stop and roll them up to hide the raw edge!

(Original post by Spoonforknife)
    This this this this! I've done the same with an old pair of mine.
    After seeing that you guys have done this, I am going to give it a go as well (not mentioning the fact that I have little money left to spend on new clothes )

Any tips based on your experience with turning slim/skinny jeans into shorts? Did you do any mistakes?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toastehmonstah)
    and what's it got to do with fashion?
    They sell clothes you stupid ****.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was this question everyone's crying over?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    They sell clothes you stupid ****.
    so, they sell loads of other stuff. that's like me going into the cooking thread or whatever and asking if it's ok to work in john lewis cos they sell blenders or something equally retarded
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think it sucks being confined to a thread like this? How come we can't have a male fashion forum given the women pretty much dominate this one?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think it sucks being confined to a thread like this? How come we can't have a male fashion forum given the women pretty much dominate this one?
    I have requested this several times, and each time they've told me that everyone "prefers" having male fashion thread.

Personally I think thats *******s and the mods are just lazy.

Lets petition for a male fashion and style subforum!
Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.