The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8820
Original post by Appeal to reason
Dark brown deck shoes or Black loafers. (thinking brown loafers would be better, but I don't currently have any brown ones)

I very rarely wear something without a collar to college. In fact I have very few tshirts that I would want to wear on their own anyway, many of mine are plain, that I wear under my shirts during winter/on particularly cold days.

Its weird, imo having a collar makes me look alot better than wearing a tshirt :confused:
Reply 8821
Original post by Tokyoround
No, not weird at all. Your tastes are maturing, albeit a bit early. I look back on some of the stuff I used to wear as a kid and I'm baffled as to how I thought I looked good.

Haha I know what you mean. Being 5 years older than my brother, I look at him and say what the hell are you wearing :eek: Before realising I used to wear similar stuff when I was his age and I thought I looked good :biggrin:
Reply 8822
Original post by cgvince
Lately all ive wanted to wear at college is oxford shirts and denim shirts, and im really not wanting to wear tshirts as i like having a collar

is that a little weird ?

Naa man, Oxford shirts are cool. I find wearing tshirts slightly childish now, I either wear shirts or polos.
Reply 8823
Original post by diggy
Probably gp for the adidas one's I haven't owned a pair of them in 5 years

NOTE TO EVERYONE buy the team GB adidas trainers they won't be out for ever, you could save a pair and sell them in the future

I'd rather vomit blood.

But seriously I doubt they'll be worth much. Olympic memorabilia doesn't tend to accrue much value, and unless you're a BNP member why on Earth would you want to go around sporting patriotic trainers?
Reply 8824
Fairly certain I know what the general consensus will be, but what is everybody's opinion on neckerchiefs?
Reply 8825
Original post by paddy
Fairly certain I know what the general consensus will be, but what is everybody's opinion on neckerchiefs?

An accessory that lacks practicality or class - No, every time. They are for scouts, chefs and cowboys, so unless that is you, save it for the fancy dress.
Reply 8826
Original post by RBranigan
An accessory that lacks practicality or class - No, every time. They are for scouts, chefs and cowboys, so unless that is you, save it for the fancy dress.

I don't really understand them, I mean did they ever have a purpose?
Reply 8827
Original post by paddy
I don't really understand them, I mean did they ever have a purpose?

Uniforms/designating who you are, like a flag I suppose, keeping dust out of faces, having a bandage to hand (triangle cloth obviously useful for that)
Reply 8828
Original post by paddy

As Shakespeare famously atoned

When wearing a bow tie still/
doesn't make you look like enough of a ****,
gentlemen, please, pull out the cravatte.
Reply 8829
Original post by Mess.
Take it to a tailor, it wouldn't be expensive. Avoid any dark buttons though otherwise that blazer just becomes a navy suit jacket were you forgot to put the correct trousers on.

This then being the problem with navy blazers in general.

In fact, I don't really think much of any blazer/sports jacket that could be mistaken for half a suit. You have to go for a different cut/colour/material to typical suit fabric otherwise it just looks silly.
Where can I get loose fitting vests for the summer? e.g. loose/cut around the arm pit with a loose neck.

Not a tank top, i don't want to look like a body builder...
Reply 8831
Anyone seen the Ralph Lauren, black label, very dark green shorts in TK Maxx? They have 3 pairs in Liverpool but not in my size :sad:
I think so. I saw something like that when I was in yesterday. I'm going away tomorrow morning for the weekend so won't have time to check until I get back. What size were you after?
Reply 8833
Original post by satchef1
I think so. I saw something like that when I was in yesterday. I'm going away tomorrow morning for the weekend so won't have time to check until I get back. What size were you after?

34" waist but they only had 3 pairs of 32" :sad:
Reply 8834
http://www.size.co.uk/product/herschel-little-america-backpack/12924

Anyone know any similar alternatives to this without the steep pricetag? :P
Reply 8835
River Island do practically the same ones I think.
Reply 8836
Ordered new shaving soap and didn't where best to picwhore the packaging - which is, imo, awesome!

Reply 8837
Original post by Chrsi
http://www.size.co.uk/product/herschel-little-america-backpack/12924

Anyone know any similar alternatives to this without the steep pricetag? :P

I'm pretty certain ASOS had some of their own brand bags in that style, it's a design that's been doing the rounds in a lot of places.

Also I wouldn't call £75 steep. It may not be the cheapest, but it definitely ain't the most expensive. The brand (Herschel) are known for their quality and design so I'd say the price is not too bad considering they'll last years :holmes:
Reply 8838
Original post by paddy
I'm pretty certain ASOS had some of their own brand bags in that style, it's a design that's been doing the rounds in a lot of places.

Also I wouldn't call £75 steep. It may not be the cheapest, but it definitely ain't the most expensive. The brand (Herschel) are known for their quality and design so I'd say the price is not too bad considering they'll last years :holmes:

I'd suppose it's a relative term.

I look at the alternatives and I don't love them like I love the Herschel one.. Haha. Looks like I'm going to have to cough up £75 from somewhere... I may be going to the US in the summer, would it be cheaper there?
Reply 8839
Original post by Chrsi
I'd suppose it's a relative term.

I look at the alternatives and I don't love them like I love the Herschel one.. Haha. Looks like I'm going to have to cough up £75 from somewhere... I may be going to the US in the summer, would it be cheaper there?

Yes it would most likely be cheaper but it may not be available by then. Also I doubt it would work out significantly cheaper.

I would suggest finding as many websites that sell it as you can, then googling for discount codes for all of them. Doesn't always work but sometimes if you're lucky you can save 10-25%.

Latest