Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Male 'Fashion' Thread II

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xEnvy)
    Catching up on some of the posts in this thread and alongside the good information it's hilarious!

The guy going on about there being no difference in the quality between denim brands is just brilliant, even the brands mentioned such as Dior and APC whilst they're pretty good for entry raw denim above the likes of nudie etc they don't really come close to the likes of Imperial, Iron Heart, Flat Head, Pure Blue, Samurai or Momotaro.
    If i didn't named them it's because it's less famous. But not less in quality
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://www.suprafootwear.com/shoes/S...ategory=SKYTOP

or

http://www.suprafootwear.com/shoes/V...ategory=VAIDER
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Need wallet. Love this style. Can't remember where it's from (maybe Burberry). Tell me if you see anything like it. What are your wallets guys?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neither, both are horrible. Not to mention Supras quality going to absolute **** in comparison to the OGs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any good recommendations for a stone or dark coloured double-breasted mac for Autumn and Spring?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You have been repped accordingly sir.

What would go with them though?

The only thing I can think of is beige chinos, anything else and they will clash. Torn between getting those and getting these:

http://www.size.co.uk/product/nike-a...leprod&aid=600

They would be a bit more versatile plus I do have some blazers already, dark blue low ones. Will be buying both of these shoes possibly at the same time but just looking for opinions really.

Would kill for a pair of these but can't find them anywhere ^
    I tried so many colours on in the shop but couldn't decide on one so still thinking about it.

Also I think yes they'd look good with chinos, they look good with black jeans too, and I tried them on with fairly light blue years and they looked good too. They are fairly versatile considering they are bright red shoes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)

They would be a bit more versatile plus I do have some blazers already, dark blue low ones.
    I REALLY want some dark blue low blazers? Where did you get them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunami2011)
    What cologne would people recommend? Just something understated, and not too overbearing.
    Marc Jacobs Men is really nice and subtle, and Marc Jacobs Bang is spicier but still fairly light. Also try Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme.

(Original post by Hectorious)

Need wallet. Love this style. Can't remember where it's from (maybe Burberry). Tell me if you see anything like it. What are your wallets guys?
    Looks like Comme des Garcons to me.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    What cologne would people recommend? Just something understated, and not too overbearing.
    I always liked YSL L'homme or Dior Homme Sport
    A&F Fierce is nice though!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    I always liked YSL L'homme or Dior Homme Sport
    A&F Fierce is nice though!
    Definitely A&F Fierce, not cheap though!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan44)
    ah true true, smells divine but id rather not fork out, what is it like £90 or something for it now?!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    Went to No 1 Lombar street for dinner with my Grandad today, it's amazing how many people, despite having all this money, wear off the rack ****e from M&S. Whilst there's nothing wrong with M&S in itself, but when you consider how much money they have, you'd think they'd at least invest in a decent suit.
    That's why they stay rich they don't spend :sexface:

If you see them at a fancy event they will look like totally different people though

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have some blatantly obvious questions, but given the length of this thread I'm sure you guys are deep in discussion. *watches intently from afar*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best tie colour to match with a light grey suit with a white shirt?

Thinking of a red knitted tie such as: http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product...-Bronson/72467 but not too sure. thanks
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AjCorbell)
    I tried so many colours on in the shop but couldn't decide on one so still thinking about it.

Also I think yes they'd look good with chinos, they look good with black jeans too, and I tried them on with fairly light blue years and they looked good too. They are fairly versatile considering they are bright red shoes
    Not really a jeans person, chinos look better on me, better fit etc.

(Original post by smalltownboy)
    I REALLY want some dark blue low blazers? Where did you get them?
    From Size mate, they're still in there I think.

Decide on a budget then go from there. It also makes a difference when you're going to be wearing it. If it's an everyday scent then Infusion d'Homme by Prada and L'Eau D'issey by Issey Miyake are good choices and can be worn all year round. The former is a clean, soapy scent and the latter is a fresh, earthy aquatic. You could even try Fahrenheit by Dior as it's different and you won't get many people in their early 20's wearing it. Allure Homme Sport by Chanel is also a great choice for an all round scent, especially good for summer.

If it's for night time or going out then I'd recommend something like Versace's The Dreamer, it's reasonably priced and is gold imo, a great scent. Anything by Dior actually.

I would avoid anything by Calvin Klein, Gucci and Paco Rabanne.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sex Panther is my personal favourite cologne.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan44)
    I was given this as a present. It was nice at first but you go off it quickly, it smells very artificial and oily. Not worth the money.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kennyy)
    Sex Panther is my personal favourite cologne.
    Been watching Anchorman? :p:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think I've been de-subbed, so re-subbing :ninja:

Desperately need a new pair of slim dark jeans, and some smart trainers. Wanted some Sebago Docksides to kick the summer off but they'll have to wait for now.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joestevens2092)
    Best tie colour to match with a light grey suit with a white shirt?

Thinking of a red knitted tie such as: http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product...-Bronson/72467 but not too sure. thanks
    Tbh a grey suit and white shirt are pretty versatile, you can wear almost any tie you want. That red one would look fine.
Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.