The Student Room Group

How many is too many?

Scroll to see replies

This is silly. I knew a 17 year old girl who gave blowjobs to everyone, yet she was a virgin. Is that any better than a girl who slept with five guys?
Reply 41
1 is too many.
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!
why 'lol' at 5?
to me,reading this comment seems as if you suggest that
* <1 a year is not normal.
* lots of people are sexually active from 16.

there are plenty of people out there who are in monogamous relationships several years in length. this probably mightn't register with you, but many in longer-lasting,committed relationships would find themselves with <1 a year,and are not bothered by it
not everybody has had (or wants to have) one-night stands or friends with benefits, U_U

Not many people have relationships lasting more than a year before they reach their early 20s

I'm not saying that lots of people are sexually active at 16, I'm only putting it into perspective that if one is single for a year, its not really surprising if they have a couple of different sexual partners in that year.

Anyway, plenty of people have short-relationships/flings... which only last 2 or 3 months... someone can easily have multiple sexual partners within the confines of separate relationships, all within one year.

I wasn't saying its weird to not have slept with 5 people by a given age, but it certainly isn't a high number for someone in their 20s.
Guys perspective:

If it's more than 1 she's a total slut tbh. Why would I associate with a skank of that caliber!?

And for the more dimwitted among you... /sarcasm
Original post by Alison1992
Me: 2 and more than 15 being too many
based on the fact that the average amount of sexual partners a woman has in her lifetime is 11

source: cosmo :wink:

Is this worldwide though? Because in some cultures people get stoned to death for having more than one, or being in the situation where they could have more than one sexual partner in a lifetime... which means a huge proportion of women around the world have only 1 sexual partner in their lifetime, skewing the average.
Reply 45
Original post by Barden
Is this worldwide though? Because in some cultures people get stoned to death for having more than one, or being in the situation where they could have more than one sexual partner in a lifetime... which means a huge proportion of women around the world have only 1 sexual partner in their lifetime, skewing the average.

In those sort of countries I highly doubt the women have access to contribute to Cosmo surveys.
Original post by Barden

If it was in cosmo it would have been the USA
but now i'm thinking it may have been more magazine, so UK
a western culture of some description, it sounds about right to me anyway
Original post by AP1989
In those sort of countries I highly doubt the women have access to contribute to Cosmo surveys.

Original post by Alison1992
If it was in cosmo it would have been the USA
but now i'm thinking it may have been more magazine, so UK
a western culture of some description, it sounds about right to me anyway

Fair point, but even so - was it a survey of magazine readers, or the general public? Also, what age were the respondents? How can you determine the average number of sexual partners for a group of people who are still alive and thus still have the potential to have more partners? Surely this survey is actually guessing the future, rather than stating any fact.
Sex should only be done after marriage, heterosexually, in the dark, in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation.
Original post by Barden
Fair point, but even so - was it a survey of magazine readers, or the general public? Also, what age were the respondents? How can you determine the average number of sexual partners for a group of people who are still alive and thus still have the potential to have more partners? Surely this survey is actually guessing the future, rather than stating any fact.

you make a fair point, and averages are, almost always inherently flawed. However, i still think, if it were an average, it's a pretty reasonable and feasible average, and maybe more than 15 is rather a lot. Though it obviously does depend on circumstance, i have a friend who had 10 in one year, which i disagreed with, but i have no problem with one night stands as long as you are safe and not making a habit of it.
Original post by ch0llima
Why does it matter?

Same, and I'm also 23. You'd be surprised at how little it bothers me.

How come?
Obviously depends on age.
If she is 20 and has been with over 5 guys. I'll decline getting into relationship with her, saying that if its a sex thing, i wouldnt mind. No kissing though.

If she is 20 and has been with over 15 guys, i wouldnt even touch her, let alone think about getting into a relationship with her. :puke:
Reply 52
Original post by adilmorrison

Original post by adilmorrison
This is silly. I knew a 17 year old girl who gave blowjobs to everyone, yet she was a virgin. Is that any better than a girl who slept with five guys?

That's even worse and I would never consider being with such a girl.
Reply 53
Original post by Beccabear
Girls, how many guys have you slept with? And how many would you consider to be too many?
Guys, how many guys do you think is too many for girls to have slept with?
Me: 5, and I think 10.

Wow. you're only 17 and already filled a hand. o.0 you're going a long way, Miss.
Reply 54
50+
Reply 55
don't think that a number really matters, just depends on each individual person and how they feel.
for example, 8 one night stands is very different to 8 relationships...
Reply 56
Original post by katyness
Wow. you're only 17 and already filled a hand. o.0 you're going a long way, Miss.

Yep, I'm going very far sweetheart. Much further than immature people who judge people on superficial, irrelevant things such as sexual history.
Reply 57
Original post by Beccabear
Yep, I'm going very far sweetheart. Much further than immature people who judge people on superficial, irrelevant things such as sexual history.

That would be me ^^

But seriously you need to stop. I'll take you to my church. Im joking.
I didn't mean to judge you really. I apologise. For me it was a bit too much seeing you're not even reaching your 20s. But each to their own.
depends in what circumstances, 5 one night stands and 5 relationships are two very different things
This is for us guys to use:
Title: Women's Number
Virgin = Excellent
1-3 Men = Very Good
4-6 Men = Satisfactory
7-9 Men = Un-Wifeable
10-12 Men = Dirty
13-15 Men = Slut
16-18 Men = Prostitute
19+ Men = An S.T.I

Quick Reply

Latest