The Student Room Group

Only having 3 decent A2s

In AS I took fmaths, maths, physics and chemistry, getting something like CAAB respectively (I missed a further maths exam and didn't really revise for chemistry).

Retook to get AAAB (didn't retake the chemistry AS. I continued with all subjects in A2 but dropped out of chemistry early on in y13 and now I'm taking chemistry exams without going to the lessons, because I can get a C at A2 with two low marks in the main exams due to high coursework grades or something.

So should I put effort into the chemistry to go for an A or a B? My offer is at kings for A maths A furthermaths and A in 1 other subject (which I think should be physics). Is it worth the work self studying the whole of A2 chemistry in just under two months, aswell as revising for my 3 other A2s, to get a decent grade in chemistry which is irrelevant to my uni offer?

Not really sure :P
If the offer is for 3 A's why do you need chemistry?
Original post by jamie092
In AS I took fmaths, maths, physics and chemistry, getting something like CAAB respectively (I missed a further maths exam and didn't really revise for chemistry).

Retook to get AAAB (didn't retake the chemistry AS. I continued with all subjects in A2 but dropped out of chemistry early on in y13 and now I'm taking chemistry exams without going to the lessons, because I can get a C at A2 with two low marks in the main exams due to high coursework grades or something.

So should I put effort into the chemistry to go for an A or a B? My offer is at kings for A maths A furthermaths and A in 1 other subject (which I think should be physics). Is it worth the work self studying the whole of A2 chemistry in just under two months, aswell as revising for my 3 other A2s, to get a decent grade in chemistry which is irrelevant to my uni offer?

Not really sure :P

Your options:

- If you think you can manage the workload, work hard, and get your AAA plus a good grade in Chemistry then go for it - for your own peace of mind and not having regrets that you could have done better!

- If your workload is pretty much full with aiming for your offer then it's safer to not bother with Chemistry; this will be way better than possibly not meeting your uni offer??

good luck :smile: x
Reply 3
Well that's what I'm thinking ;<. But I don't know how useful A-levels are later on, ie if I want to study at a foreign university in a few years time, if employers care?
Reply 4
Original post by FreshPrincess1
Your options:

- If you think you can manage the workload, work hard, and get your AAA plus a good grade in Chemistry then go for it - for your own peace of mind and not having regrets that you could have done better!

- If your workload is pretty much full with aiming for your offer then it's safer to not bother with Chemistry; this will be way better than possibly not meeting your uni offer??

good luck :smile: x

hehe cheers, I mean I'm pretty sure I could handle the workload if I put my mind to it, but I lack the motivation to revise for 3 Alevels at the moment. You'd have thought getting a place at university was enough motivation ^^.

Quick Reply

Latest