The Student Room Group

EU law - case: MSS v Belgium and Greece

Hi Guys ,

I have an essay due in 2 weeks for my module Law & Policies of the European Union, the topic is as following:

Prepare a casenote for a journal such as the European Law Review, Common Market Law Review, etc on the European Court of Human Rights judgment in MSS v Belgium and Greece, (30696/09) paying particular attention to its implications for the future of the Dublin Regulation system of co-operation in transferring asylum claims between Member States, and the relationship between the ECHR and the EU and its Member States when implementing EU law.

I have done fine on the first part (i.e. explaining what impacts the case will have on the Dublin Regulation) BUT I am lost for the second half of the question which is basically:
Explaining how the MSS v Belgium and Greece case affects the relationship between the ECHR and the EU and its Member States when implementing EU law

Would anyone have any idea where I should look? what topics? or even have an broad idea as to what that part should contain?

Many thanks,

Lloydy

Quick Reply

Latest