Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some pretty funny ideas here, I reckon as long as you dont do anything too creepy any girl would be glad to start a bit of a conversation. Especially if you have a cute smile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Also ive noticed that, british girls are more forgiven if they know the guy aint british. Almost as if they dont trust british guys or they are generally paranoid by british guys.
    American girls probably wouldn't be so antagonistic against british guys, they'd be too busy drooling over the accent...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Videos need to be posted
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Videos need to be posted
    I haven't tried any of them yet. After exams I will assemble a team and we will go out and film ourselves.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Great thread btw Lewroll xD

Just wanted to say, I'm shy as hell too, but yeah have had a few instances when just starting up simple conversation does the trick.

At Haven once (a long time ago) I approached a girl on the premise that we came from similar areas, thus i struck up conversation and got her msn - while having a bit of fun (was wearing a silly, golden wig :cool:).

Another instance, i was in Spain, and there was a reeeealy gorgeous girl walking around (in the hotel btw), i eventually plucked up the courage to approach her and got a bit jittery but managed to get her facebook somehow even though nothing came from either of these attempts, i got kudos from my dad (when i told him, he was impressed xD) and from friends + a great boost to confidence.

Honestly, I am definately no pro, i was ****ting my pants on both occasions O.o but was certainly worth a go

tl;dr have a go, nothing to lose
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I jumped on a train at Waterloo this morning at stood next to this cute girl. There was no way I was going to speak to her, but at the same time, the thought of regretting speaking to her all day sucked. So I pulled out my phone and wrote...

"Because it's socially unacceptable to speak to people on the train I'm having to resort to this. I think you're cute and wondered if you'd like to go out for a drink sometime?"

...and waved it in her face. She read it, smiled at me, then took my phone and wrote her number and name on it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    OK this would have happened if I had balls. :facepalm:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLondoner)
    One question: how do you guys deal with rejection?
    We man up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    I jumped on a train at Waterloo this morning at stood next to this cute girl. There was no way I was going to speak to her, but at the same time, the thought of regretting speaking to her all day sucked. So I pulled out my phone and wrote...

"Because it's socially unacceptable to speak to people on the train I'm having to result to this. I think you're cute and wondered if you'd like to go out for a drink sometime?"

...and waved it in her face. She read it, smiled at me, then took my phone and wrote her number and name on it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry, i couldn't help but notice 'socially unacceptable' and 'wave it in her face' the first time i read your post... lol

On a serious note, i feel for you hehe it's hard , good luck in future
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

"Because it's socially unacceptable to speak to people on the train I'm having to result to this. I think you're cute and wondered if you'd like to go out for a drink sometime?"

Spoiler:
    Show
    she would have taken the piss because you wrote 'result' when you meant 'resort' rendering your sentence nonsensical.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    she would have taken the piss because you wrote 'result' when you meant 'resort' rendering your sentence nonsensical.
    Or my phone would have been an absolute lad and corrected it for me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or my phone would have been an absolute lad and corrected it for me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to a random fit guy at uni today. We were both waiting for the shop to open. He had smiled at me - but then the silence was awkward. I used what material I could to start a conversation...

There was a poster on the wall next to me, it said 'Lincoln Gay Outdoors Club'!! So, i said to fit boy..
    'Did you know we have a gay outdoors club?'
    He said 'no'
    I said, 'aha! ...i might join!'
    He said 'Really? :s '
    I said 'No..'

FAIL! I then decided i really didnt need a bottle of water, and walked away..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

"Because it's socially unacceptable to speak to people on the train I'm having to resort to this. I think you're cute and wondered if you'd like to go out for a drink sometime?"

Spoiler:
    Show
    You led me on! I was enjoying that story!

Gggrrrrrrrrr!

PS: Can only read this thread while listening to Marvin Gaye.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    subscribed
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexyQ)
    I spoke to a random fit guy at uni today. We were both waiting for the shop to open. He had smiled at me - but then the silence was awkward. I used what material I could to start a conversation...

There was a poster on the wall next to me, it said 'Lincoln Gay Outdoors Club'!! So, i said to fit boy..
    'Did you know we have a gay outdoors club?'
    He said 'no'
    I said, 'aha! ...i might join!'
    He said 'Really? :s '
    I said 'No..'

FAIL! I then decided i really didnt need a bottle of water, and walked away..
    aha, why did you walk away?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you say: can i tell you something quickly?... I know this is random but i cant lie, you really pretty, whats your name? (name) you say: (name) dont look so surprised, i know you get this all the time lol(said jokingly) ...they normally respond with "i dont actually" you just say "Dont lie...flirt flirt flirt" So are you from around here?.. blah blah blah lol i need to keep trying this
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bump into the guy who i think is cute and make it look like an accident and say sorry :P that's all i can do!! (FAIL)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    bumping someone only works in movies. In real life people will be pissed off if you bump them
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGodfather1)
    bumping someone only works in movies. In real life people will be pissed off if you bump them
    Actually i once bumped into this guy i thought was fit on purpose looked up with a frown on my face as if to say watch where you're going, tilted my head, relaxed out of the frown and went 'nyeh' while jokingly looking himm up and down. Grinned cheekily, winked and started to walk way. Ended up with a free coffee and a good friend by the end of the week.

Edit: Why the neg? :|
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayden)
    you say: can i tell you something quickly?... I know this is random but i cant lie, you really pretty, whats your name? (name) you say: (name) dont look so surprised, i know you get this all the time lol(said jokingly) ...they normally respond with "i dont actually" you just say "Dont lie...flirt flirt flirt" So are you from around here?.. blah blah blah lol i need to keep trying this
    This would actually annoy me...it's too full on. Subtlety and jokes go way further IMO :don'tknow:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 19, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.