The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

method 200# the chat-up line:

I came up with a chat-up line which has only failed on me four times (however, it nearly worked on one of the girls)!! This is what you do once you've approached the girl:

You- Can I borrow your phone?

Her- What? Why?

You- I need to phone God in order to tell him that one his angels is missing.

Her- (laughs), wow you're so funny, here's my number bla bla bla........

You= profit
Reply 261
With a knife.
Original post by batboy113
method 200# the chat-up line:

I came up with a chat-up line which has only failed on me four times (however, it nearly worked on one of the girls)!! This is what you do once you've approached the girl:

You- Can I borrow your phone?

Her- What? Why?

You- I need to phone God in order to tell him that one his angels is missing.

Her- (laughs), wow you're so funny, here's my number bla bla bla........

You= profit

Take that 'chat-up' line, destroy it and never think about it again.

The response you'll likely get is 'sorry, what?'

You just look way too desperate with that one.

And as if a girl says 'you're so funny, have my number'
Original post by VeniViciVidi
Take that 'chat-up' line, destroy it and never think about it again.

The response you'll likely get is 'sorry, what?'

You just look way too desperate with that one.

And as if a girl says 'you're so funny, have my number'

Yep, as I said IT'S FAILED ON ME FOUR TIMES!! Do not use this!! I was just warning you guys; chat-up lines don't work. This is what actually happened a few months ago when I tried this one.

Me- Can I borrow your phone?

Hottie- What?

Me- I need to phone God in order to tell him that one his angels are missing.

Hottie- What are you talking about???

Me- Sorry for wasting your time (leaves).
Reply 264
a smile goes a long way... i stuck my tongue out to a dude once and he came my way :smile: (no pun intended)

asking someone for directions when you're foreign also works cause you get into the whole where you from topic and good avice on nice hangouts, and hey, maybe you could hangout sometime...

and pretending that a random person is actually your boyfriend or girlfriend to get out of an obviously sticky situation works as well (if they are aware of the situation that is), cause they tend to go along with it, and you end up starting a conversation and yeah... i've done that three times, worked everytime.
yep, as i said it's failed on me four times!! Do not use this!! I was just warning you guys; chat-up lines don't work. This is what actually happened a few months ago when i tried this one.

Me- can i borrow your phone?

Hottie- what?

Me- i need to phone god in order to tell him that one his angels are missing.

Hottie- what are you talking about???

Me- sorry for wasting your time (leaves).

ahahahahaha
Aww dammit, there was this hot girl in the library that I wanted to talk to just to get my confidence up. Problem is, there was no flirty eye contact or anything 'cos she was engrossed in work. When she left, was going to talk to her BUT SHE HAD HEADPHONES IN. :rant:
Was thinking of doing something along the lines of this:

Me: Excuse me, you forgot something?

Her: What's that?

Me: My number :sexface: (Hand her a piece of paper with my number on and walk away like a badass)

Not sure if that would actually work IRL...
Yep, as I said IT'S FAILED ON ME FOUR TIMES!! Do not use this!! I was just warning you guys; chat-up lines don't work. This is what actually happened a few months ago when I tried this one.

Me- Can I borrow your phone?

Hottie- What?

Me- I need to phone God in order to tell him that one his angels are missing.

Hottie- What are you talking about???

Me- Sorry for wasting your time (leaves).

:rofl: Better luck next time bro!;

Its best to talk normally and be yourself instead of acting like a badass trying to win her over with your tacky chat-up lines :rolleyes:
Original post by Doughnuts!!

Me: Excuse me, you forgot something?

Her: What's that?

Me: My number :sexface: (Hand her a piece of paper with my number on and walk away like a badass)

Don't forget to put shades on before you turn around to walk away :biggrin: :wink:

Spoiler

:tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 269
Original post by Lewroll

Original post by Lewroll
That sounds a bit rapey to me. You have to keep it legal sadly.

'A bit' rapey?
Reply 270
Original post by naommi
a smile goes a long way... i stuck my tongue out to a dude once and he came my way :smile: (no pun intended)

Probably had something other than "oh, how amusing" on his mind at that point. Something less innocent.

naommi
asking someone for directions when you're foreign also works cause you get into the whole where you from topic and good avice on nice hangouts, and hey, maybe you could hangout sometime...

I hear it works if you pretend to have a foreign accent, too. Within reason, of course.

My German accent works wonders. My Chinese accent... tends to attract incredulous stares.
Reply 271
How much does a polar bear weigh?

Enough to break the ice, hi I'm George....

SMOOTH.
Reply 272
Not trying to blow your bubble. But you do realize "day game" is a pretty well established thing? there are plenty of tips of it on "attraction" forums. :P
Reply 273
Original post by Lewroll
METHOD #2 The Fresh Prince

The fresh prince of bel air was a popular show back in the 90s starring a young Will Smith. Smith played a humorous teenager who was able to seduce the ladies using a series of 'pick up lines'. See video

Using this method you will use some of Smith's most famous pick up lines. There may be a slight chance the young lady will find it humourous (if she understands the reference). You have now broken the ice :biggrin:

I haven't tried this one for real but it seems to work on female friends (in a jokey flirty kind of way). Might work on a random girl on the street (or she might punch you in the face). Seems worth a try to me :colonhash:

Tell us WHEN you DID it. Stop jocking your keyboard.

Look, picking girls up in the street is good for developing your skin thick. But it is the last source where you can get laid. Why? Women are exposed to most intense social pressure there. Even when you get a girl phone's number, you must build enough attraction and comfort so that she is going to respond your texts.

Don' try to think of too complicated, just come by and say hi, just come by and even admit your confusion. That's all what it takes. Your confidence is already the key to get her interested in you, your positive mindset and smile is your secondary weapon, your relaxing body language is your hook. That's all you need. This couples with your long built-up character is enough to get you go well with the girl if she is also a positive and cool chick.

You don't even talk much, just give your hands, shake, comment that she looks like she is a nice dancer, rising her hand up and ask her to spin. There are all sort of things you can do without risking creepy.

Stop thinking of pick-up lines, it won't work if its speakers don't learn basic things first. Prescribed materials can only work when you learn more about your body and your mind.

Bottom line, girls will blow your cocks or blow you out! There is no such thing as in between. You have nothing to lose!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 274
Original post by JaiiStarh
JUST DONT DO IT

Just kidding.....:biggrin:

I HATE guys approaching me on the street,especially when you're walking on your own and the guy is asking you 'Sup?' and 'Where you going' :curious: There's something stalker-ish about it. :L

On the rare occasions which I have given out my number....The guy initiated conversation by saying something like 'I'm sorry,but it would be a crime to let a beautiful girl like you walk by'.....I do NOT normally fall for those cheesy lines but it just sounded so funny,I just couldn't help but laugh,and we ended up having a little chat and exchanging numbers. :biggrin:
The other time I actually gave out my REAL number was when the guy walked past me,then about 2minutes later,decided to chase me up the road. He was all out of breath and ish and he was like 'C'mon,you have to give me your number now'. I guess he went for the sympathy card and it worked.

But a bit of advice....Do NOT touch her. Surely I am not the only girls who doesn't appreciate having their arm pulled and tugged by a stranger trying to get your attention,drunk or not -_-.
Also,try to get them to actually stop and talk to you,instead of walking alongside them,because it can feel kind of creepy of some random guy just starts walking next to you and starts questioning you.

Good Luck Homie :biggrin:

NEVER approach girls like this! They mean a bunch of troubles in future.
The part of do not touch the girls is already bull****. Do it right and five minutes your hands can be on her waist, or your shoulder slightly bump to hers in a playful way.

Giving a fake number is deal breaker. Always give your phone to her, or punch her number immediately so that she get your phone number. That way, you know instantly if this gal is a reptile or what?

A "no" is much better.

But! Who give a ****?
My friend recently bought a lighter. A few weeks back a fit girl asked if he had a light outside a club. he said no, cos he didn't. Now, he thinks being able to say yes will be the key to him chatting a girl up. he has failed to realise that after he says yes, his usual inability to chat ladies up will fail him again.
'Excuse me, does this smell like chloroform to you?'
Reply 277
First step: download a picture of a huge rooster
Next: make it your phone wallpaper

now find a girl and go up to them like "hey, would you like to see my big cock?"
before they slap the sh*t out of you show them the wallpaper and hope for a laugh

works way more than you think :smile:
What if you have a really **** personality, you know, hypothetically?
Hmmm I was sad enough to read up on these things in my youth...

For anyone interested the book the Venusian Artist is quite fun :biggrin: breaks down pick up into a science. Peacocking (dressing to stand out from the crowd), time constraints (showing you have no fear of being rejected as your busy anyway) and negs (playful insults to show you're not intimidated by her beauty) are very valid ideas.

For day game I think the best thing is to get into the habit of talking to strangers. If you pass an attractive lady on principle ask her for directions or the time. Then as you get more confident ask where the best clubs are ect.

Then move onto something like this:

Wearing a top hat (peacocking!)
Me (smiling): Hey
(response)
Me: I've only got a minute (time constraint) but I had to tell you that your hair is a total mess (neg... You can be more creative here but it must be delivered in a playful manner.)
(response)
Me: Anyway I'm new to this area do you know where the best clubs are?
Convo convo move to finale
You know I think your pretty ok maybe we could be friends, my strange messy haired friend (optional neg :smile: - putting the Girl in your friend zone is a cool move she'll be wondering why you're not hitting on her...
(favourable reply)
Me: Shall we swap numbers and meet up sometime?*(Or asking for email is also a legit strategy... Either way she responds make light of it as if you were not be concerned by the outcome.)

Just be creative... I heard about folks who deliberately bumped (literally) into women to initiate a convo.

Anyway have fun! Back in the day I had some amusement and success with these principles. Nb: you should probably just ignore all this and just be yourself :biggrin:

Tldr: Talk to strangers in general and if you have no idea do some reading around the subject of pick up for some basic ideas.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending