The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by LadyLondoner
One question: how do you guys deal with rejection?
With good humour; I've had plenty of practice :biggrin:
Original post by Really_Gonna_Rock_
Here is a pretty good approach on a hot blonde in the street....he gets the number...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzSKh2LVQnU&feature=relmfu

I've just looked through this guys videos and it's frankly disturbing that he secretly films people and puts it on youtube....
Original post by Foo.mp3
..because you're so short sighted you struggle to read your wristwatch :awesome:

Cockney bloke who thinks you can study 'fashion' at Cambridge vs. attractive blonde Cambridge student hmm :beard:

Hey cool, so what did you think of his approach?
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I've just looked through this guys videos and it's frankly disturbing that he secretly films people and puts it on youtube....

Why is it 'disturbing'? How do you rate his approach?

Well he probably doesn't get their consent to be filmed and be put up on the internet as a 'project' of his. To be honest he sounds like a bit of a moron, unless he is blindingly attractive I think most of those girls are just playing along to get him to leave them alone... or are just being polite.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Well he probably doesn't get their consent to be filmed and be put up on the internet as a 'project' of his. To be honest he sounds like a bit of a moron, unless he is blindingly attractive I think most of those girls are just playing along to get him to leave them alone... or are just being polite.

Fair play to him, at least he's making an effort to go out and approach and he's taking action to improve his dating life, unlike most guys.
Fair play to him, at least he's making an effort to go out and approach and he's taking action to improve his dating life, unlike most guys.

Probably wont improve his dating life much once those girls see he's put them on youtube....:tongue:
Original post by Foo.mp3
..because you're so short sighted you struggle to read your wristwatch :awesome:

Cockney bloke who thinks you can study 'fashion' at Cambridge vs. attractive blonde Cambridge student hmm :beard:

:rofl:

Foo, please don't encourage them with such ideas :redface:

Doesn't work unless you're physically very attractive. I'm average looking and tried this with 10 different women, from average to stunning looks, and I've been either blanked out or politely rejected. One even rudely rejected me for being a 'midget' despite the fact I'm taller than her...

Thought this approach works but the outcome was public humiliation.
Reply 369
This thread is funny. :rofl:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
Original post by Foo.mp3

If a numbskull like that, who clearly doesn't "have to shoot off" and who uses lines like "what's a good way for us to stay in contact?" totally out of the blue one minute into conversation, can get numbers off cuties at random then anyone can :h:

Yeah those did sound a bit like 'canned lines' he had rehearsed beforehand, like some PUA routine or something.

And still...just because he gets phone numbers doesn't mean anything happened with him and the girls. Did he date any of them? Did he kiss any of them? Did he have sex with any of them? All these videos show guys approaching and getting numbers....but you never see what happens after that.

Personally I'm suspicious...I don't think he got anywhere with them apart from getting a bunch of phone numbers.

There was too much small talk in the conversations. It was a bit like he was interviewing them or something. His interactions were too platonic, too polite, with no sexual element, so it's likely the girls will see him as nothing more than a nice male friend.

A better approach would be for him to be more direct, I've seen some users on here talking about that sort of thing.
Reply 371
Original post by Flyingaround
I just drew a smiley face with some polish writing (I thought she was polish) and then an english part around it saying have a nice day. I then put my FB email on there and she added me, but nothing happened grrr.

Question: Would it be wrong to make templates of this ready to hand out when you see a nice girl?

I'm not really an authority I'm afraid. As it happens, I was on the train today and there was a bloke standing next to me, when the train pulled into the station he suddenly turned to a girl (yound woman) that was standing up to get off and said: "Excuse me, would it be alright for to tell you that I think you're really beautiful. I've seen you a could of times and I just wanted to say that." She didn't seem to mind and they got off having a litte chat.
Original post by Thomas2
I'm not really an authority I'm afraid. As it happens, I was on the train today and there was a bloke standing next to me, when the train pulled into the station he suddenly turned to a girl (yound woman) that was standing up to get off and said: "Excuse me, would it be alright for to tell you that I think you're really beautiful. I've seen you a could of times and I just wanted to say that." She didn't seem to mind and they got off having a litte chat.

Aww that is pretty nice...If she started talking to me I would be shocked and then I wouldn't know what to say haha, I'd probably say something like, "Oh this train is great"

I remember talking to an american on the virgin train from london, and I mentioned about her sweater and if she knew a place on that sweater where I've been. Very approachable americans are :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 373
Aww that is pretty nice...If she started talking to me I would be shocked and then I wouldn't know what to say haha, I'd probably say something like, "Oh this train is great"

I remember talking to an american on the virgin train from london, and I mentioned about her sweater and if she knew a place on that sweater where I've been. Very approachable americans are :smile:

Americans are so chatty. :eek:

Before a flight back to England, there were a group of American girls and they asked me and a few friends why the flight was late, and they did not stop talking for an hour after that. :laugh:
Original post by Inverse
Americans are so chatty. :eek:

Before a flight back to England, there were a group of American girls and they asked me and a few friends why the flight was late, and they did not stop talking for an hour after that. :laugh:

lol and your post count is 747 :tongue:
Reply 375
lol and your post count is 747 :tongue:

I never spotted that, well it isn't any more! :biggrin:
Original post by Inverse
I never spotted that, well it isn't any more! :biggrin:

748 is the new stretch version of the 747 lol
Reply 377

Italian girls are very approachable too.
Original post by Thomas2
Italian girls are very approachable too.

Yes, two strangers at a hostel after an hour i think, well they kissed me :smile:
Original post by LadyLondoner
One question: how do you guys deal with rejection?

NEEEXXXTTTTTTTTTTT...... After getting upset for a few hours/days depending on the guy. Depends how long you knew the person... If random ill be like "cool" lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending