Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlebluesocks)
    You know, I can genuinely see this working- probably not as a way to get into bed with her immediately, but if a guy started crying next to/on me, I'd talk to them and see if I could help... it could work as an ice breaker... though then you'd need to come up with something worthy of crying in public over...
    This is so true!! About a year ago there was a guy crying a bit on the train and I regret so much nottalking to him, even now I think about that day and about him. Isn't that weird. And now I totally will talk to any teary males. We girls just can't help it!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Library sex eyes are good.....you are both bored nothing better to do then of course revise but meh, so keep looking at each other, ask them for a pen and maybe leave them a note??

Anyways thats what happened to me last week, explains why my revision was suffering so much ha
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    METHOD #98 The asker of directions

This is a great way to talk to someone without freaking them out. Its socially acceptable to talk to strangers in two situations (according to Michael Mcintyre). The first being to ask the time. The second is when you are asking for directions. This technique focuses on the 2nd.

Guy (notices hot girl in a public place). Approaches her from the front with a friendly smile
    You: Excuse me do you know how to get to [Insert bull**** place you don't really want to go to]
    Girl: Yeah what you wanna do is take a left at BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Guy (pretend to listen, maybe even nod and ask the occasional question to make it look realistic- keep eye contact (not creepy))
    Guy: Thanks a lot
    Girl: Its ok (turns to walk away)
    Guy: Oh one more thing. I didn't actually stop you to ask you directions, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you as I think you look amazing/beautiful
    Girl: Reeeeaally??
    Guy: :sexface:

See with this technique the girl isn't freaked out by your approach as she wasn't expecting it. She was already comfortable talking to you as she had already spoken to you for a moment previously.

This is all theory of course. Hasn't yet been tested... O_O
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be perfectly honest, if a guy who was a similar age to me came over to talk to me, I wouldnt immediately assume he was a murderer/rapist/whatever. All you've got to do is go over and say 'hi, i saw you over here so i thought i'd come say hello', and just start a general chit chat conversation.

If he was say 40 and over i'd think he was a bit creepy and perverted but with people your own age i think you're on safe ground
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)

This is a great way to talk to someone without freaking them out. Its socially acceptable to talk to strangers in two situations (according to Michael Mcintyre). The first being to ask the time. The second is when you are asking for directions. This technique focuses on the 2nd.

Guy (notices hot girl in a public place). Approaches her from the front with a friendly smile
    You: Excuse me do you know how to get to [Insert bull**** place you don't really want to go to]
    Guy (pretend to listen, maybe even nod and ask the occasional question to make it look realistic- keep eye contact (not creepy))
    Guy: Oh one more thing. I didn't actually stop you to ask you directions, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you as I think you look amazing/beautiful

See with this technique the girl isn't freaked out by your approach as she wasn't expecting it. She was already comfortable talking to you as she had already spoken to you for a moment previously.

This is spot on!
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie-rose)
    This is spot on!
    Someone has to test it in real life now, so that I can approve it

And, thanks (I should learn to follow my own advice )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go up behind her and put your hands round her waist, whisper 'hi sexy' seductively in her ear, she'll be putty in your hands.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    To be perfectly honest, if a guy who was a similar age to me came over to talk to me, I wouldnt immediately assume he was a murderer/rapist/whatever. All you've got to do is go over and say 'hi, i saw you over here so i thought i'd come say hello', and just start a general chit chat conversation.

If he was say 40 and over i'd think he was a bit creepy and perverted but with people your own age i think you're on safe ground
    I always thought girls were cautious when they are out. Especially as it is unusual for strangers to talk to each other, wouldn't a lot of people be like :lolwut: if someone just started chit chat?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will test it, I approach girls and scare the **** out of them for fun anyway. So why not, will lead the bitches on and then tell them to **** off when they want my number. Slags.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)

Haaaa I'd love that!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try this:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Techniques and lines don't work. You can look at all PUA videos all you like and not get anywhere. Approaching girls is like good jazz. Improvised.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    Techniques and lines don't work. You can look at all PUA videos all you like and not get anywhere. Approaching girls is like good jazz. Improvised.
    First of all none of us are pick up artists. Second, lines can work if done properly. And finally, you and I :ninja: may be able to approach girls with ease because we are cool and sexy. But average Joe may not be so lucky. I thought seeing as threads like this are popular, we could make one big one so people can get some sort of tip, so that they don't freak the girl out and look like a douche.

All social skills can be learnt.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    One question: how do you guys deal with rejection?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    APPARENTLY, a three second rule is useful when picking up girls. Like, as soon as you see a girl, you have to decide in three seconds whether or not to go and chat her up, and then walk over. Any longer, and the idea that you're a socially awkward creep will have begun to take root in her subconscious. Like I said, APPARENTLY.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLondoner)
    Haaaa I'd love that!
    (Original post by georgie-rose)
    This is spot on!
    But surely you have to look really good looking?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLondoner)
    One question: how do you guys deal with rejection?
    I used to get really down and think the problem is me, but I look at it this way:

Why would I want to be with someone who is a stuck up bitch anyway? What if she's the one with the problem and she's too uptight and shy? I know loads of people who don't have a problem with me so why is she the only one who has a problem? Loads more fish in the sea.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obadetona)
    But surely you have to look really good looking?
    Tbh i'd say that humour/personality overrides looks for me, but for any human being, looks are remotely important, for me, i care 30% looks, 70% personality.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    I used to get really down and think the problem is me, but I look at it this way:

Why would I want to be with someone who is a stuck up bitch anyway? What if she's the one with the problem and she's too uptight and shy? I know loads of people who don't have a problem with me so why is she the only one who has a problem? Loads more fish in the sea.
    Yeah i agree, but how would you act in front of the girl once shes rejected you?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 19, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.