The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I like the directions idea! I so wish I'd thought of that a few weeks ago....

Other (lame) suggestions:
- Don't wear a wrist watch so you can ask her the time.
- Carry a lighter (even if you don't smoke) for when a pretty girl asks you for a light. Then you can say: "Actually, I don't really smoke - I just carry a lighter for when a pretty girl like you comes up to me and asks me for a light".

- Have some contact cards ready for if you're successful in getting chatting...
Original post by LadyLondoner
Yeah i agree, but how would you act in front of the girl once shes rejected you?

I'd just walk away if she's being a bitch. If she's being humble and nice about rejecting me then i'll just accept that and stay cool and maybe carry on talking anyway. These sorts of girls will take my advances as a compliment and will be flattered. So many girls are bitches about it though and enjoy crushing the guy. It's these women who are wastes of space.
(edited 12 years ago)
Subscribing for potential lulz.

Film your attempts :teeth:
Original post by Lewroll
No idea. I'm no expert with this stuff. Everything I say is theory (based on observation). It hasn't actually been tried or tested yet (I will test it all :colonhash:).
But... I think everyone will get rejected sometimes. You just have to remember for everyone that rejects you there are a million other people who wont. You just have to find them. Also its rare you will meet a rude person that often. If the rejection is 'sorry not interested' or something like that then that is ok. If it she laughs in your face then that might hurt a bit :frown:

Yeah, thats more than acceptable. Only because when I once rejected someone (in a really nice way!), he said he was going to "shank" me. That was kinda scary and weird
Reply 44
Lewroll, you're the man.
Original post by jblackmoustache
I'd just walk away if she's being a bitch. If she's being humble and nice about rejecting me then i'll just accept that and stay cool and maybe carry on talking anyway. So many girls are bitches about it though and enjoy crushing the guy. It's these women who are wastes of space.

Couldnt agree more!
Original post by Thomas2

Original post by Thomas2
- Have some contact cards ready for if you're successful in getting chatting...

Unless it's a business card for work, I'd say this is a bad move. Just makes you look like a serial pick artist.
Original post by badger-man
Subscribing for potential lulz.

Film your attempts :teeth:

I might go out with my mate during the summer and secretly record all our attempts. I hope I don't cry on camera :cry2:
Reply 48
Yeah i agree, but how would you act in front of the girl once shes rejected you?

Perhaps something a long the lines of: "No worries. I thought it was worth a try. Nice to meet you." Then forget it. There's always another fish!

When getting into this game you need to have a realistic sense of you're chances. Most pretty girls have BFs.
Chloroform is always a knockout.
Reply 50
Oops "your" chances .
Original post by Panda Bear
Unless it's a business card for work, I'd say this is a bad move. Just makes you look like a serial pick artist.

I wouldn't even give a business card. It just makes you look like a player with big money. You'll give her an image of a job in the city with a flash car and stylish city pad. Just remembering a mobile number is good enough.
Reply 52
Original post by Lewroll
METHOD #98 The asker of directions

This is a great way to talk to someone without freaking them out. Its socially acceptable to talk to strangers in two situations (according to Michael Mcintyre). The first being to ask the time. The second is when you are asking for directions. This technique focuses on the 2nd.

Guy (notices hot girl in a public place). Approaches her from the front with a friendly smile
You: Excuse me do you know how to get to [Insert bull**** place you don't really want to go to]
Girl: Yeah what you wanna do is take a left at BLAH BLAH BLAH
Guy (pretend to listen, maybe even nod and ask the occasional question to make it look realistic- keep eye contact (not creepy))
Guy: Thanks a lot
Girl: Its ok (turns to walk away)
Guy: Oh one more thing. I didn't actually stop you to ask you directions, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you as I think you look amazing/beautiful
Girl: Reeeeaally?? :colondollar:
Guy: :sexface:

See with this technique the girl isn't freaked out by your approach as she wasn't expecting it. She was already comfortable talking to you as she had already spoken to you for a moment previously.

This is all theory of course. Hasn't yet been tested... O_O

I wouldn't go as far as to say these words, just stick with cute
Original post by Thomas2
Perhaps something a long the lines of: "No worries. I thought it was worth a try. Nice to meet you." Then forget it. There's always another fish!

When getting into this game you need to have a realistic sense of you're chances. Most pretty girls have BFs.

Well actually, I wouldnt say "most" pretty girls have a boyf, the most attractive girls in my group of friends are all single!
Original post by trapzbrah
I wouldn't go as far as to say these words, just stick with cute

Good advice.

I'd stay away from saying 'amazing', 'beautiful' or 'stunning'. They're just too extreme. That's something i'd say to 'wifey' material.

Cute is innofensive and 'sweet'.
Original post by Cast.Iron
Chloroform is always a knockout.

'Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?'
Original post by Lewroll
Really? So if a guy sat next to you and started sobbing you would talk to him? You wouldn't think he was a pathetic loser? Great. I will test that one and return with my findings.

Ooh let me know how it goes :smile: It's good because then it's the girl approaching you, rather than you approaching the girl. If she doesn't react, just go to a different carriage and find another fit girl to cry next to :smile:
Original post by Lewroll

What if you do a sneak attack and she doesn't see you coming?

They're like sharks though - they WILL see you coming.
This guy stopped me when I was in town shopping and said "can i have your number?". Nothing before that at all.. just stood right in front of me and asked me for my number. I said no. So obvioulsy that one didn't work too well :P

Maybe just go sit down with a girl who's on her own on the bus/cafe/whatever?
Reply 59
Well actually, I wouldnt say "most" pretty girls have a boyf, the most attractive girls in my group of friends are all single!

Wow! Thanks. Maybe I'm too cynical - but that's been my experience ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending