The Student Room Group

My first tattoo!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by loz957
It's not meant to be mean. But I'd say 80-90% of people who I see with a tattoo look chavvy or rough in some way or another. I don't know any intelligent or professional people with a tattoo.

Ahh I see.... I wouldn't class myself as chavvy or rough, but I suppose that's just my opinion...

What are you classifications on intelligence???
Reply 41
Ha the amount of haters in this thread...

I like the tattoo, as you say it has meaning to you and that's what counts...i really wouldn't look for feedback from TSR though, as you can see in this thread :P
Reply 42
Not bad, I've seen alot worse.
Reply 43
Original post by Sickojones
Ha the amount of haters in this thread...

I like the tattoo, as you say it has meaning to you and that's what counts...i really wouldn't look for feedback from TSR though, as you can see in this thread :P

Ha cheers mate :smile:

Yeah, I kinda expected it but oh well- people have their opinions and they love to hammer them home on tsr!
Original post by Samwelln
So you assume I'm unintelligent?

In all honesty, I would.
Original post by loz957
It's not meant to be mean. But I'd say 80-90% of people who I see with a tattoo look chavvy or rough in some way or another. I don't know any intelligent or professional people with a tattoo.

In that case, what a sad life you must live :/
Reply 46
Not too keen if I'm perfectly honest, however if it means something to you then that's all that matters.
Your abs make up for it though :P haha
Reply 47
Original post by rugbyladosc
In all honesty, I would.

Not saying I'm a genius but I'm intelligent enough to be studying medicine. But, hey, you might not consider that intellectual or professional.
Not saying I'm a genius but I'm intelligent enough to be studying medicine. But, hey, you might not consider that intellectual or professional.

Gah, ignore the comments. You asked about the tattoo itself, not about your jeans, what impression people with tattoos give off, or anything of the sort. If I was personally getting that tattoo, I would've opted for a fair bit smaller version. But, if it means something to you and you're fond of it yourself, that matters more.
everybody is being so mean about the wording LOL it looks ok i wouldnt have personally got it, but i guess its a personal choice, so as long as your happy with it its great :smile:

Its not personal. I was merely saying that I would make the assumption someone would be unintelligent if they had a tattoo. This does not mean that I automatically know somebody is stupid on the immediate knowledge that they own a tattoo. Everybody is different and I am sure you are very intelligent. Don't take everything as a personal attack!
Reply 51
Original post by rugbyladosc
Its not personal. I was merely saying that I would make the assumption someone would be unintelligent if they had a tattoo. This does not mean that I automatically know somebody is stupid on the immediate knowledge that they own a tattoo. Everybody is different and I am sure you are very intelligent. Don't take everything as a personal attack!

Fair enough mate. I'd imagine there are a lot more people with tattoos that are intelligent than you're basing your assumption on, however. No offence meant though.
I don't really like it, I think it's a bit generic
But that's just my opinion, if you like it that's all that matters, when my tattoo is done it's for me, no one else
Not a fan of text, but it's not the worst tattoo i've seen that's for sure
Reply 54
Original post by cdsmith1990

In that case, what a sad life you must live :/

I choose not to associate myself with the sort of people who get tattoos done. Nobody I'm friends with is stupid enough to get graffiti put on their body.
Um, its ok, I guess, not really my style, i prefer my boyfriend's tattoos, no words just pictures. I don't really get what the phrase means either.

Quick Reply