The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply for Student Finance?

I heard a deadline passed. Is it still available to apply through?

Thnx.
Reply 1
I hope not...
Reply 2
It's not. There IS actually a deadline which I think should be approaching pretty fast (dont know when it is) but you can basically apply for finance up until 9 months after you course starts. The only "penalty" you get for not applying before the deadline is that you won't get the money on time. But you are gonna get it as long as you apply 9 months within the start of your course.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
I hope not!
Reply 4
i hope not!
Reply 5
Original post by kevin6767
The deadline is the 31st May of you go to the website so no it isn't too late to apply.

Cheers mate gonna do it now.
Reply 6
Thank for that very near heart attack.
Original post by kevin6767
The deadline is the 31st May of you go to the website so no it isn't too late to apply.

Thank goodness for that - nearly had a heart attack!
Reply 8
for new students its 31st may for income assessed.
for returning students its 30th june.

However you can still apply after the deadline, you just wont be guaranteed to get the money in time for your term.
for the current year (2010/11) the deadline is 1st June for September starters.

For the 2011 year the deadline to guarantee money for the start of term is 31st may. You can apply after this but they wont pay you at the start of term.
Reply 10
I applied for my first year in June and my loan came through in time for my first term. That was two years ago, though. I'd definitely try and do it as soon as possible.
Reply 11
how do u apply for the grant?
Original post by D*Star
how do u apply for the grant?

You don't apply for the grant, you automatically get assessed for it when you apply for the means tested maintenance loan.
Reply 13
i hope not, im blaming kings for the delay :angry: grrrr....
Reply 14
Original post by Billy_69
I heard a deadline passed. Is it still available to apply through?

Thnx.

Student finance is available up until the 31st of May. (That's for new students)
For current students, it's available up until 31st June I think.
You can apply after the deadline has passed but you'll receive your payments late.
Original post by Philbert
I applied for my first year in June and my loan came through in time for my first term. That was two years ago, though. I'd definitely try and do it as soon as possible.

Did you actually aplly after the deadline? Ie did you apply for your finance late?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending