The Student Room Group

Access Course 2011 and Advice Please

Hi there!

I'm thinking of applying to join the Access Course at the University of Glasgow starting this year. Has anyone on this forum studied an Access Course there?

I'm thinking of doing Maths and Physics as my chosen subjects, with a view of progressing onto an Earth Science degree. Also possibly at the University of Glasgow.

Does anyone know the times during the day that these subjects will be taught and which days they will be? The website does not provide any clues.

Also, I'm thinking of commuting by train to attend and the journey takes around 1 hour 30 mins. Is this feasible if I decided to do a degree full-time? I really don't fancy moving and living in halls etc.

I'm 25 and have a well paid job, but I still have the desire to go to university and do what I really want to do. My concerns are:

- My age, by the time I finish I'll be 32ish.
- My job, leaving a well paid job to do a degree seems crazy?
- I would prefer to travel every day to get to uni rather that move. Most uni's are an hour and a half away by train.

Thanks for any advice given.
Reply 1
Original post by Flook
Hi there!

I'm thinking of applying to join the Access Course at the University of Glasgow starting this year. Has anyone on this forum studied an Access Course there?

I'm thinking of doing Maths and Physics as my chosen subjects, with a view of progressing onto an Earth Science degree. Also possibly at the University of Glasgow.

Does anyone know the times during the day that these subjects will be taught and which days they will be? The website does not provide any clues.

Also, I'm thinking of commuting by train to attend and the journey takes around 1 hour 30 mins. Is this feasible if I decided to do a degree full-time? I really don't fancy moving and living in halls etc.

I'm 25 and have a well paid job, but I still have the desire to go to university and do what I really want to do. My concerns are:

- My age, by the time I finish I'll be 32ish.
- My job, leaving a well paid job to do a degree seems crazy?
- I would prefer to travel every day to get to uni rather that move. Most uni's are an hour and a half away by train.

Thanks for any advice given.

Go for it, I am, many others have. I'm same age also leaving a well paid job but it'll bother me for the rest of my life if I don't do it. Think about continuing your job for next 40yrs and the choice becomes easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending